Xbox 360 Weapon Clean-up

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Vidarr

Hey guys,

So, on my newest playthrough, I have decided to become extra-vigilant when it comes to avoiding save file bloat and all of the issues that come with it.

Needless to say, cleaning up weapons dropped by NPCs is one of the key objectives.
I was never actually fully aware of these bloating issues until recently, so I am still unsure about a few things that I can not find answers for.

So far, all I have been doing is picking up the dropped weapons/shields of any NPCs and placing them directly back on their corpses - and if I'm correct, this is all I should have to do.

One of my questions is:
Does it matter to clean up weapons when inside a dungeon?
I'm well aware of the clean-up issues with weapons in the outer-world of Skyrim, but I've never actually noticed an issue with it in dungeons, and I just wanted to see if anyone could clarify this for me.
It would be nice to know that I don't have to do it in dungeons ;)

Also, is there anything else that I should worry about cleaning up in general?
For instance, if running past a table in a bandit camp - I knock a goblet onto the floor -- is that going to remain un-resettable? (ie, will I have to clean it up myself, like with weapons?)

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!

JClarke1953

I play on an XBox 360, and the only "bloating" issue I have come across is my char's personal inventory. I found myself stuck inside of Angeline's Aromatic's when I bought a lot of Alchemy ingredients. I ended having to go to the save the was there when I entered the store, and then reduced the amount I bought.

As far as the caves and ruins, and what I left or took, I never saw or experienced any problem. I leave most of the heavy-in-weight weapons, and take any gold, jewelry and lightweight yet decently sellable armor. The only weapon's I'll grab are high end expensive weapons, or Enchanted weapons/armor I can DE.

Vidarr

Thanks JClarke1953, I'll be sure to keep that in mind as well.

Unfortunately, it has become known that this weapon clean-up issue IS present on the Xbox and does lead to save file bloat.
As far as I'm aware of, it primarily occurs with randomly encountered NPCs - where after killing them, the weapons that they drop remain in the world long after their bodies disappear.

My question is I'm not sure if this applies to dungeons.
As a rule, when outside, I pick up any weapons that are dropped and place them back on the bodies (that way they disappear when the bodies clean up).
However, I'm not certain if the same rules apply to dungeons (would love to not have to worry about it when going through a dungeon).

As I said before, any help on this matter would be great!

JClarke1953

Thanks JClarke1953, I'll be sure to keep that in mind as well.

Unfortunately, it has become known that this weapon clean-up issue IS present on the Xbox and does lead to save file bloat.
As far as I'm aware of, it primarily occurs with randomly encountered NPCs - where after killing them, the weapons that they drop remain in the world long after their bodies disappear.

My question is I'm not sure if this applies to dungeons.
As a rule, when outside, I pick up any weapons that are dropped and place them back on the bodies (that way they disappear when the bodies clean up).
However, I'm not certain if the same rules apply to dungeons (would love to not have to worry about it when going through a dungeon).

As I said before, any help on this matter would be great!

Ohhh! I see what you mean! Like when I killed a Redguard last night, looted his body, but left the cheap scimitar on the ground. I did put his body behind the stable, but left the scimitar out in front of the stable.

I'd not heard of this kind of problem before, but it is something to keep in mind I guess. And it seems logical, putting a weapon back onto the dead NPC's body so when the body does finally go away into "code heaven", so will the weapon. Leaving less clutter to have to load with.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts