Was the White Gold Concordat the right decision?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Was the White Gold Concordat the right decision?

• YES

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • NO

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

High King of Skyrim

King of the barbarian horde
In the end,the heroic Redguards fought the Aldmeri Dominion to a standstill, although the war lasted for five more years and left southern Hammerfell devastated. The Redguards say that this proves the White Gold Concordat was unnecessary, and if Titus II had kept his nerve, the Aldmeri could have been truly defeated by the combined forces of Hammerfell and the rest of the Empire. A very interesting argument in my opinion. Yes the Emperor made the decision he did for his people and the benefit of the Empire in the long run. Only a few decades have passed though, and the Empire is divided still. Hammerfell remains bitter at their abandonment and Skyrim is at civil war. Had Titus II endured like the Redguards, would the Aldmeri Dominion be a threat today? Heavy is the head that wears the crown and with the Dominion at his doorstep, did Titus II make a hasty decision?

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I'm not really sure if there is a "Yes" or "No" to that one. In my opinion, both viewpoints are valid, although, I do have to understand Titus' point of view. Heavy indeed is the head that wears the crown.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
In the end,the heroic Redguards fought the Aldmeri Dominion to a standstill, although the war lasted for five more years and left southern Hammerfell devastated. The Redguards say that this proves the White Gold Concordat was unnecessary, and if Titus II had kept his nerve, the Aldmeri could have been truly defeated by the combined forces of Hammerfell and the rest of the Empire. A very interesting argument in my opinion. Yes the Emperor made the decision he did for his people and the benefit of the Empire in the long run. Only a few decades have passed though, and the Empire is divided still. Hammerfell remains bitter at their abandonment and Skyrim is at civil war. Had Titus II endured like the Redguards, would the Aldmeri Dominion be a threat today? Heavy is the head that wears the crown and with the Dominion at his doorstep, did Titus II make a hasty decision?

I did not read your input but looked at the girl for a long time .... lol ..:) ... what an ass ! :cool:

Benthos

Proud Mer
It all depends because tactics and battle methods are different, would Red Guards who can become savage in battle, get a huge boost in adrenaline and stamina who were able to push them back out of their country also be the same result with the Legion? Sure, the Legion can take them on because of their numbers, support, and power but just driving them out of their land doesn't mean they would've defeated the Aldmeri Dominion. Look at the events after the Trojan horse was brought into Troy, the people were caught off guard after the Greeks timed their moment to strike. It was after they were all asleep when they charged in but the movie Troy made the Trojans seem like an innocent paradise compared to the history of the city where it would be more like Las Vegas. They also made it seem like they stood no chance, granted the end result was pretty similar but in the history of the battle, the defending men even chose to fight without their gear because of the adrenaline they would get heightened their senses and made them even deadlier in combat.

The point of that is how would the war turn after all of this? If the Legion drove the Aldmeri Dominion back to Summerset Isles, would they stop there? Or would there be a turning point in the war where high leveled and very powerful mages were to fight back at their home islands with such fierce ferocity, remember, they trained there, they have veterans training others there, they have retired vets back home too, nobody knows the islands like they do. We may never know how the war could've turned out if they stuck it out. I feel they may have made a hasty but right decision, though it ticked everyone off and to remove Talos was a huge insult to injury. They wanted time of piece and then they now have problems with the Nords instead of the High Elves (for now).

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
I think Titus made the right decision, at that time. I also believe it is time to dissolve this agreement.

Liliana

Had Titus II endured like the Redguards, would the Aldmeri Dominion be a threat today? Heavy is the head that wears the crown and with the Dominion at his doorstep, did Titus II make a hasty decision?

Didnt the elder council have more to do with making that decision? I thought the emperor could only veto the decision. Either way, it wasnt just Cyrodils decision to make. The entire empire would have been involved so there would have been more than just 1 guy deciding. It wasnt unilateral. That means it would probably have involved a lot of discussion and debate. I dont think the decision would have been hasty at all. Was it wrong, though? Thats a different question. Maybe. Maybe we'll find out in the next ES.

High King of Skyrim

King of the barbarian horde
Didnt the elder council have more to do with making that decision? I thought the emperor could only veto the decision. Either way, it wasnt just Cyrodils decision to make. The entire empire would have been involved so there would have been more than just 1 guy deciding. It wasnt unilateral. That means it would probably have involved a lot of discussion and debate. I dont think the decision would have been hasty at all. Was it wrong, though? Thats a different question. Maybe. Maybe we'll find out in the next ES.
I can only hope we find out in the next ES. Thanks for participating and welcome to the forum:D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts