Spoiler Was "Lost for the Ages" meant to be in the main game?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

AvonleaNord

Does anyone know if Bethesda originally developed the whole Aetherium Forge lengthy series of quests to be part of the main game, but then delayed it to the DLC? Just wondering because it is sooooo awesome, but it has nothing really to do with Dawnguard? Or make any sense that they would invest so much dev into a side quest??

You're fighting vampires and then you read a book and out of nowhere you're sucked into this loooong mystery and then you're meeting snow elves! LOL. And it's really cool that they FINALLY gave a good explanation for Blackreach, why it glows teal, why it's there at all, which should have been inthe main game, no?

It reminded me a lot of the Thieves Guild quest line, and maybe it was supposed to be the TG finale??? With the emphasis on bows, archery etc. And the TG quests also raised the Snow Elf issue right at the end with the statue with the glowing eyes....

I'm LVL 81, 100 on all skills and completed the main game a while back, I was saving Dawnguard for a treat and it ROCKS!!! Anyway appreciate any info you guys have about this.

zane

Nah, I think they added this long quest and the snow elves as both a way to show the lengthy time for which the prophecy has been made and out in the world, and as a treat to players to show what the falmer once were.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts