• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Skarv

Hi guys! I want to make a warrior class, no magic! Not my thing, to overpowered. It's fun but gets very boring killing everyone in one blow for me, I want a pure melee warrior. Problem is, what kind of warriors are there? I only know of a Barbarian? Seems nice but I KNOW that's not the only warrior class. Oh yeah, and by no magic I mean Alteration, Conjuration, Illusion, and Destruction. I will still be using Restoration, everyone needs that! So yeah, I just need a couple of warrior classes, thanks guys!

Nitro Zem

Wanted for Lollygaggin' and Grand Theft Cabbage
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Warrior_(Skyrim) This here has a whole list of warrior type classes and descriptions about them to. Some of them do involve magic (Like the Spellsword) but most can be pure melee.

Personally i like the "Weaponmaster" archetype the most.
Thats what my Imperial is. Dual Wielding is just fun, plus with the high heavy armor skill works good together. You can deal enough damage in a short time and your heavy armor keeps you alive for awhile :D Especially if it's ledgendary and has some really good enchantments as well.

Hacksaw

An orc warrior was the first character I made for Skyrim, and didn't put any perks in magic at all, not even restoration. I'm actually finding my second character, a pure mage, much more difficult to play.

My perks went into five skills: Block, one-handed, heavy armor, smithing, and enchanting. But at higher levels I gave up my shield and started dual-wielding all the time. I would recommend working on your smithing first, then go out and learn combat skills with the best gear you can make.

Sitting at level 50, my warrior is untouchable against all physical threats. Only magic is dangerous, and if you're making a breton warrior you won't have that problem either -- just make 2 pieces of magic resist jewelry and you're set.

If you want to take perks in a magic skill, I would advise giving up block for it. This will be insanely hard at the lower levels, but you'll eventually reach a point where you're so tough you don't ever need a shield.

Also remember that if you want a magic skill it'll take a free hand. Just something to keep in mind when you're deciding between 1-handed and 2-handed fighting. I hope my two cents helps a bit.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Well, IMO magic-users in Skyrim are not nearly as good as they were in Oblivion. Reason?? NO SPELL CREATION. I could two-hit Mancar Cameron in Oblivion with touch-range spells of my own creation, but in Skyrim, you can only get that powerful with warrior types. I still like playing with mages more, but without the ability to put WEAKNESS TO MAGICKA on all your offensive spells like you could in Oblivion? Sorry, but wizard characters aren't as good in Skyrim as they were in Oblivion.

Golgo_SPB

if you don't want enemies dying in one blow a warrior is gonna be no different, unless you don't smith or use enchanting.

Forumate

I like the sword and shield warrior the best. Block, one hand, light armor, smithing and a bit of archery. The two handed and duel wield builds are no fun. You just stand there and swing your weapon until everyone is dead. With the shield you have a few more options in combat.