Wanted: Input and any thoughts/opinions.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Koala Jack

If it bleeds.
Ok, so I recently stopped playing my Knight character(was fun) and I want to go back to my beginnings.

The first class I always play is a stealth based character, usually the assassin archtype.

I want to replay that, but not the same sneak>backstab>loot cycle.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to be a unique stealth character?

joreth

what i usually end up doing is sneaking and killing things fom far away using my bow. the trick to this is either killing enemies with 1 arrow so monsters/people investigate allowing you to kill another(rinse and repeat till room is empty), or distract them by sending an arrow far away from you and pick them off b4 they get to you.

what will help is boosting your archery to increase damage allowing for easier kills

hope this helps you out man

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
I agree with Joreth(and Welcome to the Forums :D) since you don't want a the normal assassin who backstabs and if he is caught is pretty screwed. I would work in some archery or even some magic.

My current character Slade is a pretty unique type of well I hesitate to call him an assassin but he does depend on stealth and archery and occasionally poisons. I think you may enjoy being an archer. I am myself a horible in game shot but when you connect you can just feel it. unless you are facing a boss that tanks them of course. But just experiment. you would be surprised what cool builds you can get from having one key skill and then seeing what almost random combos you can make.
(note: high illusion, silent casting + Fireball= a hilarious ninja with a grenade launcher effect.)

I know that this is not an assasin build as such, but can be an exciting stealth build.

I was thinking Tomb Raider when I came up with Seekah. She is a Nord that works as a "retriever of lost relics" and a "finder of interesting thing"
She will delve into any and all crypts, barrows, caves, and tombs that she comes across or learns of. (She is no fan of Dwemmer ruins though).

High stealth, low or no armor, and bow ONLY makes for a nice challenge. She carries a dagger only for RP purposes, never for attack. You can choose to use Illusion spells but I try to keep them at a ""Magyver" level. Useful but not overpowered. I also try to use shouts that aid my staying hidden and out of range like Throw Voice and Aura Whisper.

Enchanting is useful for increasing your Sneak and adding Muffle and for improving your Bow. You can even carry a couple of different bows tailored to specific situations.

Anyways, she has been alot of fun and is also pretty flexable for RP purposes.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
My character is a Redguard Ranger, Archery/LA/1H are her primary skills, Block & Smith are her secondary skills, with no magic. She sneaks in caves/dungeons, zots everything she can with her Bow, until they start rushing towards her. Then she busts out her sword & shield and handles things.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts