Want to start a new character...should I wait?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kbjcooke

I've been wanting to start a new character for a while now. One that actually follows some type of "style" rather than being totally random. Knowing that Dragonborn DLC is being released in two weeks, should I wait till then, or start now so I'm at a bit of a higher level? Also, are there any great character guides on this site?

Thanks for any input!
Keri

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
It's entirely up to you, personally I don't see why you shouldn't. Besides, being a higher level might be a good thing, Dawnguard was a tough one for me when I was playing through with a low level character. Not to mention starting the DLC at a later date might help keep things fresh as you progress further in the game.

I'm not too sure about character guides, but I just found this topic, it might be what you're looking for: Class Builds - Guide | Skyrim Forums

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
My bad!

Had surgery last friday and haven't slept in 2 days. along with pain meds...I was reading one thread but responded in another!!

My apologies.

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
My bad!

Had surgery last friday and haven't slept in 2 days. along with pain meds...I was reading one thread but responded in another!!

My apologies.

Lol, it's all good :).

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Outpatient surgery, but the pain meds are daedric quality! :)

Kbjcooke

Just now read the last few replies...pretty funny! Glad the surgery went well, and you've got some great meds to help you out.

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
I've been wanting to start a new character for a while now. One that actually follows some type of "style" rather than being totally random. Knowing that Dragonborn DLC is being released in two weeks, should I wait till then, or start now so I'm at a bit of a higher level? Also, are there any great character guides on this site?

That depends if your like me or not, whenever new DLC comes out, I start a new character. Because it always includes a cool weapon, power, or something, and I wonder what it would be like to use that thing in all the quests I've already done, then I start a new game anyway. As for character builds, just play your style, are you a mage, thieve, warrior, or a unique combination? Perhaps make a pure vampire or werewolf character.