• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

How do you feel about Skyrim's voice actors?

• Not enough of them.

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • They sound scripted and not realistic.

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • They're annoying.

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • They're great and diverse.

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
So, everyone, general question... we all know that Skyrim lacks any real diversity with their voice actors. BUT, I must say that some outshine the others, and some royally fail. What voice is your favorite to hear, and what do you think is the worst?

My favorite voice is Serana's, I could listen to that girl talk for hours. My least favorite voice is either Hermaeus Mora's (seriously, did he really need a slow, droning voice that you can't skip? Really?) or Belethor's (and all other characters with his voice).

So what's your favorite and worst?

kirak95197

Writer
Whiterun's mage's ( I forget his name. ) voice acting is terrible. No emotion..

Belethor . I hate that guy's voice , and they used that voice on to many NPC'S . Favorite would be Jordis the House overseer Proudspire Manor in Solitude , and the Lady Blacksmith in White run. .

AS88

Staff member
I think the voice acting is generally good, and there are a lot of them. But in a game as massive as Skyrim, with so many people playing the game so many times, it feels like there are fewer than there actually is.

One of the many reasons for PC players to get Inconsequential NPCs/Interesting NPCs and introduce some diversity :)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I do think that, in general the voice acting is fine, although they re-use the same actors far to many times (example: guy who plays Belethor is everywhere!).

By far the most annoying for me is the lady Foreswarn (usually a mage w/an Alchemy table in her tent). Oh! That voice just gets on my nerves!

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I love the Argonian voices, although they sometimes have the tendency to be creepy and/or rapist-ish.

One of the many reasons for PC players to get Inconsequential NPCs/Interesting NPCs and introduce some diversity :)

I honestly would love to have Skyrim on the PC so I could mod the hell out of it. Many of the player-made voices that you can get with mods are so well done!

By far the most annoying for me is the lady Foreswarn (usually a mage w/an Alchemy table in her tent). Oh! That voice just gets on my nerves!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that also the same voice actress as the one who does Viola in Windhelm? :eek:

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I love the Argonian voices, although they sometimes have the tendency to be creepy and/or rapist-ish.

I honestly would love to have Skyrim on the PC so I could mod the hell out of it. Many of the player-made voices that you can get with mods are so well done!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that also the same voice actress as the one who does Viola in Windhelm? :eek:
I believe it is!

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Whoever did the voice of Neloth did a masterful job imo.

Slijkster

I'm actually quite a fan of Hermaeus Mora's voice, but God why can't you skip his dialogue? I've probably spent a couple hours of game time listening to that f***fer speak.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak. I don't like the guy but his voice actor sends shivers down my spine at times.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I really like Enithir at the College of Winterhold, the way he talks under his voice about things--very funny. Since I'm in love with Marcurio, it really bugs me when another character talks with his voice. The old man (Cacelmo, etc) always calms me down about things--I tend to get tense sometimes, being as I'm constantly in fear for my life.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak. I don't like the guy but his voice actor sends shivers down my spine at times.

He has such power in the way he talks. A true alpha.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I really like Enithir at the College of Winterhold, the way he talks under his voice about things--very funny. Since I'm in love with Marcurio, it really bugs me when another character talks with his voice. The old man (Cacelmo, etc) always calms me down about things--I tend to get tense sometimes, being as I'm constantly in fear for my life.

Enithir is the man!

Patches

Least favorite? Cicero (SQUEAAAAAAAAK), Mora(DERP) or the Restoration lady at t h w coledge (SQUEAKSQUEAKSQUEAK) Favorite? Carliah or Serana. Serana has so much emotion, and she actually acts like a normal teen. Sort of.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Ulfric Stormcloak and Serana have the best male and female voice actors in the game, makes me seriously wonder why they didn't use these 2 on other characters, seeing as they recycled so many of the plopsty ones.
But over all there just weren't enough of them.

Morgan

Barbas. I pretty much permanently avoid Falkreath after 9th level just so I don't even have a chance of accidently encountering him. The first time I heard his voice I actually had to check the credits for Gilbert Gottfried.

Meridia. Every time I open a chest and see that damn beacon, I knock everything on my desk over trying to hit the volume before the voice starts. And you can't avoid that one.

One of the common male voices that's used everywhere really bugs me too. It's used by a lot of NPCs, but one that springs to mind is the Foresworn "king" in Silverblood mines.

I really like Kharjo's voice. Coupled with how friendly he is, makes him one of my favorite NPCs. He also is unique in the game in that he warns you not to complete his quest if it might kill you. Even that priestess of healing in Whiterun is like "Wow, you're alive! When I sent you after the dagger, I figured you be dead in a second!"

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
It always astounds me when no one mentions Christopher Plummer as Arngeir and Max Von Sydow as Esbern. Together they've probably forgotten more about acting than rest of the entire cast of the game will ever learn.

Christopher Plummer was, among other characters, Captain von Trapp in The Sound of Music, Mike Wallace in The Insider, Dean Whiting in Syriana, Leo Tolstoy in The Last Station, Henrik Vanger in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (U.S. version) and Hal in The Beginners for which he won a long overdue Academy Award, and dozens upon dozens of other films, television shows and plays.

Max Von Sydow was Father Merrin in The Exorcist, Frederick in Hannah and Her Sisters, Lamar Burgess in Minority Report, Sir Walter Loxely in Ridley Scott's Robin Hood, and the Renter in Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close for which he was nominated for an Academy Award in the same year that Christopher Plummer won it.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
I like Esbern, as well as most Argonian and Khajiit, and also Isran I like as well

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts