PC Videoing Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Svarnor

Shadowcloak of Nocturnal
Hello Everyone!
I've been planning to do a Let's Play on YouTube for Skyrim. I downloaded a video software (HyperCam2) and set it to record, then started playing Skyrim. I filmed all the way through the tutorial under Helgen, and decided to take a break and watch the raw footage. Low and behold, as soon as I clicked 'Play' on the Skyrim window that pops up on PC, the Hypercam screen went black, showing only a white square in the upper lef-hand corner.
It occurs to me that the Skyrim Let's Plays I've watched were all filmed on Fraps, but I'm hoping I can find a free program. Does anyone know of one, or a way I can configure my Hypercam settings to work properly?

Hadean

you could try using MSI afterburner, although it is an MSI branded utility it does work with other hardware (i use it with an EVGA branded card).

once installed open afterburner (the white plane shaped logo) from the taskbar and click settings then look for video capture tab at the top. set a capture key and then check the other options also such as max fps and file locations.

once thats done open the on screen display utility from taskbar and you can set a few other things in there such as FPS display, GPU temp, position it where you want it and so on.

i found it have much less an FPS impact than Fraps did, and of course its free which is nice.

shout up if any problems.

Hadean

In the application itself on the video recording tab, that would be the recording FPS so you can set as high or as low as you see fit. Hardware will be its limitation I guess, I have it set to record at 100% quality, full frame size, 30 fps and the playback looks fine in my opinion.

File size comes out approx 2.6-2.8gb for about 1 min of recording using mpeg compression.

With all that going on ingame FPS never drops below 60fps anyway, but again PC hardware will limit what you can get away with.

For editing and encoding i use Sony Vegas and find it great to use, and it will output youtube ready.

Hadean

standalone

Hadean

its on the extended options from the main panel, once in settings go for the right scroll and it will be there

Svarnor

Shadowcloak of Nocturnal
I hate to drag this out of the dust, but I never really did figure out how to video Skyrim.
The program suggested to me was really more about screenshots than videos. Any other ideas?

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
Strange.. the other two links come up fine for me. Let me try again. If clicking them doesn't work you should be able to copy and paste at least.

Edit: ARGH!!! The way this site does links drives me nuts.

gamecamportal DOT com
wegame DOT com/download/
taksi DOT sourceforge DOT net

Okay now you should be able to copy and paste, changing the DOT to, well, dots.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts