Video Guides to every skill in the game (Work-in-progress)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

FragMagnetGaming

Hey all, I figure you'd probably read the topic title and groan in that everybody and their mother has covered at least one skill in the game, but I'd like to try and set myself apart from the rest.

Recently, a friend and I started a gaming channel together, and have been trying to find videos to do that would really help people see our channel and help us get some kind of recognition for doing what we enjoy, and as such, I figured a display of desire to make videos would be to upload a skill guide for every skill in the game. Not only that, but also help any viewers out with hints, tips, and guides as to what they may be able to do at the higher levels. For example, all of the Magic skills have a guide consisting of various methods of training, followed by a guide on the Ritual Spell Quest, and then followed by a very quick, snappy overview of what the Master spells do.

I've almost finished recording them all, and I still have to upload most of them - two are uploaded at time of writing, one is uploading, but I assure you that all of them will be up here soon.

I'd really appreciate it if you were to watch the videos and even if you don't like it I'd really appreciate any feedback you might have to help me improve, thanks very much for taking the time to read this - links to the videos are below.

I would just like to point out that all of these are meant to be done without containing any form of exploit/glitch, albeit I guess the Lockpick-obtaining is on the dodgy side...

Magic:

Alteration - to be recorded

Conjuration - to be recorded

Destruction - to be recorded

Enchanting - to be uploaded

Illusion - to be uploaded

Restoration -

Combat:

Archery - to be recorded

Block - to be uploaded

Heavy Armour - to be uploaded

One-handed - to be recorded

Smithing -

Two-handed - to be recorded

Stealth:

Alchemy -

Light Armour - to be uploaded

Lockpicking -

Pickpocket -

Sneak -

Speech -

Thanks for taking the time to read the post, I'll keep this updated with links and statuses as they come. Please share this around because I've been working pretty hard to get all of this done and would really appreciate any feedback that you may have to help me make better videos in the future. Thanks all!

FragMagnetGaming

Well, it would appear somebody's lovingly gone and disliked all of my videos because they've nothing better to do in their time, so I'd really appreciate it if somebody would give some positive feedback and some likes, because it's totally unfair that my videos have crappy ratios because of one sad person and a currently low view count. I'd really appreciate it guys, thanks

Lamesuperhero

I'll be awaiting your smithing one ;) Looks like you've compiled a good list though! I find reading a massive block of words telling you how to do something so mind numbing, so much easier to sit and listen ^^

FragMagnetGaming

Ah! The Smithing is actually up, I've neglected to edit the post because I've been at y girlfriend's house - I apologise! It'd be great if you shared these around though, thanks for showing support :)

FragMagnetGaming

Thanks! It means a lot - the view count's going up crazy fast. I'll edit the post when I get home - sitting on a train right now, so really can't :L

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Actually your Smithing video is now incorrect because the 1.5 patch stops the power levelling that you were showing.

FragMagnetGaming

Oh really? The experience still seemed fine to me, and it was only recorded very recently, it worked fine on both PC and Xbox - that's odd. Regardless, the Ebony Ore location is still rather useful, I suppose I could find another way of doing it - thanks for notifying me though.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I only play on the Xbox & since the 1.5 Patch was released the only way a person could power level with the Smithing Glitch was too removed the patches. The game has been out for 6 months now & there are hundreds of video guides already out there, you are flogging a dead horse.

FragMagnetGaming

Perhaps I am, but it's content, the channel's new - and there are some views coming in. It would appear Smithing has been updated so that experience is directly proportional to the value of the item, perhaps there's something in that - I don't know. Humour me with some suggestions as to what could be uploaded and still be new/fresh/interesting in your view?

FragMagnetGaming

Furthermore; does anybody have any ideas as to guides/content relating to Skyrim they would like to see? I understand the appeal of videos over text, and just really want to make something people find useful, I'm currently really into playing the Nightblade archetype, but I'm not sure whether: A - a video guide on playing Nightblade is necessary, and B - whether it would even work at all. I'd really like this topic to be about both the guides above and suggestions for the future, because I could really use some.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Your Speech level has to be at 25 for it to work & it still works on the Xbox 360.

FragMagnetGaming

I did say in the video - use the 'Bribe' option to get to 25 and the rest is plain sailing - could somebody please help me out by telling me something they'd like to see..?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts