Vampirism used to be annoying

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

dbukalski

For roleplaying purposes Ive been playing a vampire. Even though I dont use illusion spells, didnt sneak at all. And you have to constantly feed...constantly. I had 2 valkihir vampires(lvl48) as thralls and Mjoll Lioness(in daedric) as wife. All as part of my vampire tribe.

The vampire thralls are annoying as can be. They get killed/lost so I have to babysit them because I dont want to try and find new valkihir thralls. Worst of all every quest/dungeon where a follower cant follow me has them disapear. So I have to kill them making sure not to be-head them or they wont be raisable again.

Then I learned that necromage + vampirism means all my enchantments are 25% more effective which I used to basically double my armour and damage output. http://skyrimforum.com/threads/omg-vampirism-necromage-is-incredible.5917/

And Ive learned easy spots to feed in every city(like whiterun barracks). My armour is weigthless, I have the silent running/walk perk. I have an enchantment that gives 63%. So I can sneak anywhere anytime. So even if I go into lvl 4 vampirism I have no trouble walking into town and feeding. So most of the hassle has been removed for much much much benefit

Xiomn

I have to say majority of people do complain that being a vampire is annoying when it clearly isn't i agree. Must be some kind of trend to dislike it. All you really need is a good supply of nirnroot and chaurus eggs(easy) and a good level of sneak and perks. done. I did get rid of it eventually not because it was annoying but because i got bored of it after a while.

dbukalski

I have to say majority of people do complain that being a vampire is annoying when it clearly isn't i agree. Must be some kind of trend to dislike it. All you really need is a good supply of nirnroot and chaurus eggs(easy) and a good level of sneak and perks. done. I did get rid of it eventually not because it was annoying but because i got bored of it after a while.

Dont even need those invis potions or sneak perks. Just do the thieves guild quest so you have 1x day invisibility for 2 mins. Then just learn where people sleep. Of course if you power equip yourself and choose the right perks you can just sneak around town out in open without anyone seeing you then its really easy.

The harder part is babysitting vampire thralls. They love to get killed or dissapear. Like herding cats

If you dont know the nuances of being a vampire. And if you dont get necromage so that all you get is better sneak/illusion then yes being a vampire is not worth the hassle. But with necromage now your getting 25% boost to all enchantments that buff you and better healing it becomes completely worth it even early in the game

Chukkles

I want to make a character solely for becoming a vamp.
My friend became one accidently and he got really fed up with it and became a werewolf.

At the mo I am a woodelf mage with werewolof powers. I know once lycanthropy has been cured you cant become one again (true?) but can a VAmp turn me and make me lose my beast powers?

Once you are a werewolf, you are immune to the vampire disease and thus cannot catch vampirism until lycanthropy is cured.

Xiomn

If you dont know the nuances of being a vampire. And if you dont get necromage so that all you get is better sneak/illusion then yes being a vampire is not worth the hassle. But with necromage now your getting 25% boost to all enchantments that buff you and better healing it becomes completely worth it even early in the game

I don't really care about necromage to be honest. But i guess some people wish to make their character as powerful as a superhero then so be it. :/

dbukalski

I want to make a character solely for becoming a vamp.
My friend became one accidently and he got really fed up with it and became a werewolf.

At the mo I am a woodelf mage with werewolof powers. I know once lycanthropy has been cured you cant become one again (true?) but can a VAmp turn me and make me lose my beast powers?

werewolf cures vampirism, but not the other way around. Only the quest cures lycanthropy. Make sure you know what your getting into. It adds inconvenience to your game. But with necromage you can be much more powerful too.

If you want to be godly powerful its one part of the process

dbukalski

I don't really care about necromage to be honest. But i guess some people wish to make their character as powerful as a superhero then so be it. :/

yup :) When I play RPGs sometimes I mess around and just go with the flow. But usually Im hunting for most powerful equipment and build.

As a vampire, with vampire thralls in tow. As jarl of all the cities, guild leader of thieves/assasins guilds. I have no problem walking around so powerful that I can one shot ancient/elder dragons. All part of being the master vampire of skyrim

Black-Tongue

Prey approaches...

Dr.Madness

Overlord of the Void
yup :) When I play RPGs sometimes I mess around and just go with the flow. But usually Im hunting for most powerful equipment and build.

As a vampire, with vampire thralls in tow. As jarl of all the cities, guild leader of thieves/assasins guilds. I have no problem walking around so powerful that I can one shot ancient/elder dragons. All part of being the master vampire of skyrim
You meen Thane right? Jarl is impossible to become.

Johnf3545

Khajiit's are a favorite class of mine.
I'm a fan myself of Vampirism. Especially with a Thief and/or Assassin build since it helps with that role due to the bonus to sneak. Not to mention Dawnguard's add on which made stage 4 Vampirism more tolerable if you like the powers it gives you and didn't like the whole everyone hating you and attacking you thing. Also Vampire Lords have their own advantage since they can transform at any time compared to Beast Form. Not to diss it or anything since Werewolves are good in their own right especially for Warrior's.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Annoying or challenging? Everyone has their own opinion on the matter. I love Vampirisim. I have no problem with the weaknesses or the hostility that Stage 4 brings. Makes me think and plan ahead before I go out questing. I do wish I had Dawnguard, the Vampire Lord transformation looks amazing.

CaptMorgan72

Vampirism is fantastic as long as you have the Dawnguard plugin that is. Vampire encounters are common now and they look much better too. Or course shifting into the vampire lord form is fun as hell and looks like Marcus in Underworld. Of course if you are not using the necromage perk you are seriously wasting your vampire's potential. My vamp is a warrior/mage type wearing royal vampire armor that uses Molag Bal's mace and magic, taking advantage of vampire's perks. If I am going to do missions in the daylight I make sure to feed to keep my weakness at a low level. I don't feed on sleeping people anymore thanks to Dawnguard. I cast vampire seduction and feed on their blood. Of course you have to do this in seclusion. Dawnguard has made vampires exciting to play and they did the same for werewolves. My other character is a werewolf Dawnguard member and hunts vampires everyday. In werewolf form I can feed on animals too, keeping me in beast form for hours at a time.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts