Xbox 360 Vampirism as an Argonian (glitch?)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

IsaBlue

Epic Assassin
I was randomly traveling along a mountain when the screen randomly went full reddish color and it made a heart beating sound effect, I am very familiar with this as I remember it is in the state of becoming a vampire. Although, I am playing as an Argonian. Is this a glitch or something? I have fought vampires minutes before. :eek:

IsaBlue

Epic Assassin
Well as it seems, I am a vampire. I can feed off of bodies when they are sleeping and I know to vampiric spells. Defiantly a glitch.

brandon

Well as it seems, I am a vampire. I can feed off of bodies when they are sleeping and I know to vampiric spells. Defiantly a glitch.
what argonians cant be vamps? they only have 50% resist disease for theyre race i think.

Onyx

Yeah the resistance is only 50%.

Also, from a pure kinda RP perspective how is it possible they can become Werewolves...I mean they are reptiles/fish/amphibians and werewolves are kinda furry mammals...just find it kinda funny :p

IsaBlue

Epic Assassin
Oh, I see. But man is Vampirism a pain. I'm trying to cure it right now using a soul gem. Do any of you happen to know if there are any "Soul Trap" spell books? I need it to get a soul for the gem.

IsaBlue

Epic Assassin
Also another thing, can vampires fast travel, rest, or wait? I haven't been able to do any of these things. :sadface:

Onyx

Oh, I see. But man is Vampirism a pain. I'm trying to cure it right now using a soul gem. Do any of you happen to know if there are any "Soul Trap" spell books? I need it to get a soul for the gem.
I think the court wizard in Whiterun (the arrogant sob) sells the Soul Trap Spell (Conjuration Tree).

Is the soul gem for a quest to rid yourself of Vampirism? I have never had it you see :)

Not sure about the fast travel/wait etc am afraid

brandon

i havent heard of soul gems curing it. but if you feed enough any cure poison potion or shrine will cure it. and becoming a werewolf cures it too.

brandon

Yeah the resistance is only 50%.

Also, from a pure kinda RP perspective how is it possible they can become Werewolves...I mean they are reptiles/fish/amphibians and werewolves are kinda furry mammals...just find it kinda funny :p
yeah i havent even thought of that. but it goes the same for the cats. wouldnt they be chasing thyre own tail everytime they change lol

SeaDog

Complete the first part of the Companions quest line. When you become a Werewolf, you cure your Vampirism. The werewolf can be cured later (or not if you choose).

But in Skyrim, Werewolves > Vampires.

Onyx

yeah i havent even thought of that. but it goes the same for the cats. wouldnt they be chasing thyre own tail everytime they change lol
haha true! talk about identity crisis! Now how are you gonna handle that one Dr.Phil!?

brandon

haha true! talk about identity crisis! Now how are you gonna handle that one Dr.Phil!?
oh that would be awesomely funny everytime a cat turned into a wolf it would start chasing its tail. i love it. i coiuld watch that for hours

Onyx

Hahaha

brandon

Also another thing, can vampires fast travel, rest, or wait? I haven't been able to do any of these things. :sadface:
i dont know. but in oblivion if you were a vamp and you didnt sleep after feeding then the sunlight never hurt you. i think with the different stages of it in skyrim it depends on how much time passes between feedings to what stage you are. i havent tried to become a vamp yet i didnt even know there were werewolve till i joined the companions and became one.

AlimuMC

I play wood elf, 50% resistant to disease and caught vampirism, took 6 of them, but they got me. I enjoy it, except when I forget to feed for 4 days and fast travel to the middle of town. 4 days no feeding you are attacked on sight. I also talked to someone in Solitude( I think) who told me about a wizard that studies undead that I should go see. Quest name I think is "rise before dawn" something along those lines, but I'm in no hurry to cure it. If you only have the first disease, couldn't spell it if I tried, you can cure that with cure disease, but once full blown vampirism sets in (3 in game days) you have to quest it away, or become a werewolf. As far as I know.

By the way Sun doesn't kill you at any stage in skyrim. Per stage it takes away a lump of health/stamina/magika and you do not regenerate any. So far going in to any dungeon/house considers me out of direct sunlight. So I travel at night, quest by day.

IsaBlue

Epic Assassin
Thank you all. I did just join The Companions right before I became a vampire. I might as well turn into a werewolf. Although I am traveling by foot to Whiterun and am about to reach it soon. I'll just try curing vampirism first. I have an empty Soul Gem with me so I guess I'm all set. Once again, thank you all for your help.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts