• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kuros

What's up with the vampires in Skyrim? No increased speed or strength? Same goes for werewolves in human form. I think this is extremely lame; anyone else feel the same? Also, the feeding, in my opinion, has always been a joke, having to wait until your victim is asleep instead of terrorizing the crap out of them and taking a chunk out their neck as they scream. As a vampire, I feel like Im just a guy with a bad sun allergy, SUCKS!!!!!

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Go into Stage 4. Walk into a town. Rinse. Lather. Repeat.

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
The Restoration perk Necromage (skill 70) affects everything you do because you are classified as undead as a vampire, so you can enchant much better gear, and vampires are the only ones who can become 100% immune to magic passively, all the time. So "gear-wise" you can get better things, but that kind of takes the fun out of the game though.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Whether intended or not, great pun btw. :D

Yeah, I thought so, too. Let's just say I wasn't a vampire for long. Went for the cure from Fallon ASAP. The best thing about my play-time as a vampire? Took out Belethor and that annoying cloud guy (you all know the one) upon my return to Whiterun to stash some gear in my home. Dudes attacked me on sight. It's kinda like, "But Mom, they hit me first. . . ." :rolleyes:

Kuros

Sure, you look cool, but come on, wheres the really fast movement, high jumping, some extra damage to your sword arm, anything? I loved being a vamp in Oblivion, you were like a god. Granted, the leveling and all in Oblivion was ridiculous, but Skyrim could have done more to make the character more "super-human".

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
The Restoration perk Necromage (skill 70) affects everything you do because you are classified as undead as a vampire, so you can enchant much better gear..
This is an unintended effect of the Necromage perk, so while it's useful, it's not a gage for how powerful the developers meant Vampirism to be.
...vampires are the only ones who can become 100% immune to magic passively, all the time
I'm not sure what you mean by this. If you mean 100% resistance to magic from enchantments it doesn't exist in the game because Resist Magic is capped at 85% and you can achieve that without Vampirism. If you're talking about innate magic resistance Vampirism only gives resistance to frost. (It also gives weakness to Fire so it reduces magic resistance to Fire to as low as 70% at stage 4.)

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
Sure, you look cool, but come on, wheres the really fast movement, high jumping, some extra damage to your sword arm, anything? I loved being a vamp in Oblivion, you were like a god. Granted, the leveling and all in Oblivion was ridiculous, but Skyrim could have done more to make the character more "super-human".

i'm surprised they didn't make vampires sparkle in the sun..

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
Dagmar, have not tested myself, but Atronach stone 50% absorb magic becomes 62.5% with the 25% boost from Necromage, and the Alteration Atronach perk 30% absorb magic becomes 37.5 which both numbers add to 100%. Or 50 plus 30 is 80 and 25% of 80 is 20, so again 100%. Magic absorb effect is not capped at 85% like magic resist and individual element resist. I know this because Bretons can use the Atronach stone and their daily 1 minute racial power to be 100% immune to magic through absorption. This only lasts 1 minute, but is easily testable. I can infer the same for a Necromage Vampire, but permanently.

Source: Skyrim:Spell Absorption - UESPWiki

perkecet

you didn't say absorb. the way you worded it "immune" implied you were talking about resistance. if you want to go and test that i'd love to hear that it's true. that, in fact, would make it godly to be a vampire.

perkecet

here i got you covered Skyrim talk:Spell Absorption - UESPWiki

doesn't work, since necromage apparently does not affect permanent effects. which, come to think of it, would be easily noticeable since it would effect the vampire's resistance to frost and weakness to fire.

although there is someone who questioned it, there was no answer given after that, so maybe i'm wrong?

I strolled into Whiterun on level 7 this way and I thought people would run from me. I was wrong. So very wrong.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Sounds like someone wants more twilight in their skyrim. My vote goes for the 'sparkle' perk in the 'good hair' tree.

Panthera

Don Gato
What's up with the vampires in Skyrim. No increased speed or strength? Same goes for werewolves in human form. I think this is extremely lame; anyone else feel the same? Also, the feeding, in my opinion, has always been a joke, having to wait until your victim is asleep instead of terrorizing the crap out of them and taking a chunk out their neck as they scream. As a vampire, I feel like Im just a guy with a bad sun allergy, SUCKS!!!!!

I agree with you. What is the point having negative effects if you are ordinary guy?

Purr

:3
I hate Oblivion vampires even more than Skyrim vampires. It sucks! But thank god it's easy in Skyrim to cure vampirism (in Oblivion it is so rihopgkothpsågkfg... annoying and stupid!).

But you're right they are so lame. No good special powers or anything awesome stuff. It would be fun if you can feed awake people, but no. So stupid.

My vote goes for the 'sparkle' perk in the 'good hair' tree.
This! Then being vampire would be awesome and coool. ; D

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
Skyrim talk:Spell Absorption - UESPWiki

According to this, one person had 92.5 absorption, but he picked the Atronach perk before he was a vampire. So if you become a vampire, select the Necromage perk, then activate the Atronach stone and pick the Atronach perk after, you should have 100%, someone else from the link said he was standing in a flamethrower trap for 5 minutes unhurt, unaffected by all spells so far, and after he cured vampirism he retained 100% spell absorb.

When I said immune I thought that was still acceptable because if you are 100% absorb you don't take any damage from magic, so you are technically immune to it. But I see what you mean it sounds like resistance, my mistake for not providing all the sources and such up front. I ended up making it confusing for lots of people. I'm new to the forum so I am still trying to learn how to behave properly.

Edit: I guess since I'm the one who originally brought up this preposterous idea, I should probably go ahead and test it. The earliest I can do that is tomorrow, lets say about 30 hours from now I should be able to get on and test and post an answer.