• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

joespur61

im going to start as a new character and become a vampire as soon as possable then play the entire game as one. i havnt been a vamp in skyrim but played as one in oblivion and just wondered if any body had any tips or help as a newb vamp in skyrim??

Static

If you're on PC I highly recommend you download some sort of mod to improve vampires, as in vanilla they're rather bad. A few basic tips though, make sure you pick up Necromage in the Restoration skill tree, as you count as undead if you're a vampire and having Necromage will mean any alteration/healing spells you use on yourself will be more effective. Try to travel by night mostly, as that way you'll still recover health. Dunmer is probably the best race to use, as their resistance to fire offsets vampire's weakness to it (partly) and their initial skill boosts lend themselves to the stealth/illusion/destruction game style that vampires are best at.

joespur61

i was thinking dunmer tbh. does any body know if its possable to get an encharntment or something that will help me replenish heath??

dbukalski

i play as vampire full time. I ran 2 valkihir vampire thralls but got rid of them because every time a quest seperates me from my companion I also lose my thralls. Which forced me to reload, kill them at the entrance then raise them back up after Im done with the quest making sure not to "wait" the time or they disapear.

White run guard barracks is best place to feed theres someone sleeping there at all times. I just go there when i hit lvl3 vampire.

Being a vampire + necromage is the single most powerful thing you can do in the game. That combo means all enchantments get a 25% boost(except weapon offensive enchantments). You can see this in active effects. That allowed my alchemy gear, enchant potion, smithing potion gear to go from 530 damage mace to 930 damage mace and my 1 juggernaut perk daedric armour to go from 570 armour to 970 armour.

So double armour + double damage + 25% illusion/stealth + nightvision.

necromage also allows you to raise the highest level undead, allowing you to raise lvl 48 valkihir vampires which are really powerful. They dual cast non stop. One hand does strong lightning damage, one hand does their drain life(healing them) they also do a giant type attack that flings enemy into the air

In daylight you dont replenish stamina/magic/health but that doesnt matter to me. Magic replenishes stamina, magic is free to cast, my health is 900 and untouchable. My weapons replenish health. And most fights happen in dungeons, half outdoors are at night.

dbukalski

the fire/frost weakness is also an advantage. If your fighting a fire dragon make sure your at the minimum -25% fire resistance.

But if your going to fight a frost dragon then you can bump it up to 75% forst resist

ThreeDawg

Like the above posts make sure to get the Necromage Perk. With it I got a 100% reduction in 3 schools of magic. Using a heal such as Close Wounds with the Respite perk should clear up any stamina or health issues, healing 100 health and stamina. Getting one level of the Recovery Perk, or wearing an item that gives bonus magicka regeneration (Archmage's Robes) allows for magicka regeneration during the day.

If your having trouble feeding or continuing with a quest at stage four vampirism, a dual casted pacify should work against any person, and allow for conversation and normal interactions until it wears off. If you are caught trespassing during the night, just pacify the people and they will go back to bed. There are many lone houses/farms that can be found East of Whiterun, which are all prime spots for feeding. (at lower levels the apprentice level "calm" spell should suffice when dual-casted)

On a side note 570 armor is pretty much the same as 970 armor, since it caps out at just under 600.

dbukalski

I spent perks on heavy armour on left side going for no weight armour thinking it made me more silent. Now I know it doesnt so I wouldnt go for weightless daedric armour. I had 1 juggernaut perk by default because of that. Besides that, because I could smith so well there wasnt any reason to hold back on my armour. Theres always the chance that enemy has armour reduction weapon like a mace. That was also the first time the necromage + vampires = enchant buff was discovered before I pointed it out that was an unknown factor.

Now that I know I can get leather armour maxed out defense using no perks Id rather go light armour and skip the weight reduction perks. Or maybe get the 50% stamina gain perk if nothing else is of interest

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Conjurers the undead (skeletons, etc).

ThreeDawg

Necromage is a perk in the Restoration tree that increase the magnitude of spells on undead by 25%, and the duration by 50%. Once you become a vampire the game registers the player as undead, and therefore any magical affects are amplified on the player by the amounts stated above.

For example, a 40% fortified one-handed would become 50%. The Become Ethereal Shout at level 3 lasts 18 seconds, being a necromage-vampire makes it last 27 seconds. The increase in magnitude or duration will not show up on the spell/enchantment, but "true" value can be seen in the active effects section. The bonus this gives on enchnatments gave me the opportunity to get 100% fortify illusion, alteration, and destruction where otherwise it was only possible to have fortify 100% two schools.

It also refers to a high level necromancer, but when used in this thread it likely refers to the perk.

Jaeger

It's a Restoration perk where your spells has more effects on undead. You're undead, so...

I'll go with the Breton for the magic resistance (which fire is a part of). Initial 25%, agent of Mara 15%, either lord Stone 25% and 2x magic resistance in the Alteration tree or 3x resistance in the alteration tree and stone of choice (I like the Ritual stone for this build) and a magic resistance bauble. Magic resistance cap is 85%. But remember, with Necromage, you're going to get 25% bonuses to magical effects.

Go with ebony armor, because it looks Dark Knightish. Disenchant the shield of Solitude for the unique enchant resist magic and blocking (plus another enchant if you have the 2 enchants per item perk) and put it on an ebony shield. You probably won't need the Alteration MR perk or as many. You just have to do it and see.

Get the ring of Namira, so you can cannibalize the dead and gain health and stamina.

Weapon: Ghostblade. The whole necromantic theme and it's cool looking. And it's armor piercing.

Horsie: Shadowmere. He looks like a vampire death knight horse.

Jaeger

And you know, when you go into a vamp den, there sure is a lot of wolves. Well, have your own wolf pack:

Xiomn

Why would you want to get necromage and become overpowered and bored. Just become a vampire and play as normal.

dbukalski

because its fun to be overpowered. Its not like the games much harder on normal. Being a vampire lord thats the most powerful being in skyrim is cool

I'll go with the Breton for the magic resistance (which fire is a part of). Initial 25%, agent of Mara 15%, either lord Stone 25% and 2x magic resistance in the Alteration tree or 3x resistance in the alteration tree and stone of choice (I like the Ritual stone for this build) and a magic resistance bauble. Magic resistance cap is 85%. But remember, with Necromage, you're going to get 25% bonuses to magical effects

I wouldnt do breton

30% magic absorb alteration tree + 50% magic absorb atronach stone (loss of magic regen not important your vampire already gimped on regen and free casting from armour. I have equipment I carry in inventory I can switch to for free casting of any magic lore even though I dont use anything but restore usually)

agent mara 15% magic resist, 30% magic resist alteration tree, 1 enchantment shield of solitude will give like 40% magic resist with vampire buffed alchemy gear/enchant potion

So without breton youve got 80% absorb and 85% resist

I prefer orc because they look VERY vampirish. Pointy ears, I like bald head, and they have large fangs, much better than the silly needles regular vampires get.

Orc racial abilities are also unmatched by other races. All the other races abilities are overshadowed by what can be done through other means (like the bretons magic resist). But theres no replacement for orcs 2x damage

Straumgald

Looking at the benefits, I always thought being a vampire would be horrible. Apparently, necromage makes them awesome? So if I dual cast Ebony armor (with 3x benefit from wearing no armor) it would give 375 armor (+25%) and last 4.5 minutes(+50%)? Or dragonskin would last a little over a minute?
I might give it a try on my mage, he's the only one that isn't a werewolf and can actually become one anyway.

dbukalski

I dont know for sure if you get 25% on the conjured armour defense and duration. Most likely yes but never tried.

You can become a vampire even if your a werewolf by doing the quest to cure lycanthropy

Straumgald

My mage doesn't use Illusion though, so perhaps I'll just start a new one and make him a Vamp from the start. Not really into that or the conjuration tree.

dbukalski

you dont need illusion. You just need save often and pay attention to your vampire level. Go to active effects and see if its 25/50/75 weakness/resistence to fire/ice

though illusion does help, invisibility can do it for you too to sneak into whiterun barracks and feed

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts