• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
For those that are unaware, and have always wanted to shout all the time. Here is an easy way.

Things you will need:

Five Amulets of Talos (Radiant Raiment in Solitude sells them. If there are none, save, kill seller, reload to reset their inventory. Do so until you have five amulets.)

Beast Blood (Companions quest line) or Vampire Lord (Dawnguard DLC)

Follower who won't attack you when you transform (Housecarls work)

---

Head to a secluded area with your follower, and place the amulets in their inventory. Activate werewolf/VL form, at the same time initiating conversation with your follower, this should make the dialogue pop up while you're transforming. Once you have fully transformed, trade items with your follower and equip the Amulets one at a time. End transformation (Wait one hour for Werewolf/VL deactivate)

Your character should be wearing the amulets, check 'Shouts' to make sure cool down time is 0.

Now go forth and dominate like a true master of The Voice. ;)

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
EXCELLENT. This will help immensely in roleplaying my fanfic character, since I haven't really put any limits on her Shouts in-story. Although, I don't know if I want to make her a vampire or werewolf to do this... do you know if the effect will remain if you're cured? And I'm guessing your Shout time resets if you re-equip anything else in that slot, yes?

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
I remember there was a video floating around YouTube that detailed this exploit, except the person used werewolf form and his follower to duplicate heavy gauntlets of all different kinds. The reason? His character could equip multiple heavy gauntlets at the same time in order to take advantage of the Fists of Steel perk, thus making his character a super punching death machine :)

EDIT: found a link to his forum post

JoeReese

Very nice to know, especially for consoles.

Daelon, for PC it's as easy as typing, in console

player.setav shoutrecoverymult 0 (1 is full recovery, 0 is none)

I have used those and know they work. The article I read mentioned you can use .5 to cut the recovery time to half, but I've never tried that one.

JoeReese

I remember there was a video floating around YouTube that detailed this exploit, except the person used werewolf form and his follower to duplicate heavy gauntlets of all different kinds. The reason? His character could equip multiple heavy gauntlets at the same time in order to take advantage of the Fists of Steel perk, thus making his character a super punching death machine :)

EDIT: found a link to his forum post
The unarmed cinematics make that a very entertaining style of play.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
That's way too much work. I prefer to make multiple Fortify Restoration potions that will bring cooldown down to zero and carry them around in case I have to take off my necklace for some reason (Diplomatic Immunity, Forsworn Conspiracy, etc). Glitching is glitching but I prefer to deal with just one amulet as opposed to five of them. Plus you don't have to become werewolf or vampire and you don't need to play follower tricks.

Just saying, there is a much easier way than the way you have outlined. If you are willing to bend and glitch the game that much to get the effect then I would assume that a simple Fortify Restoration glitch would be acceptable as well. Fortify Restoration potions set to 350-400% (iirc) give the same effect with way less baggage.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
That's way too much work. I prefer to make multiple Fortify Restoration potions that will bring cooldown down to zero and carry them around in case I have to take off my necklace for some reason (Diplomatic Immunity, Forsworn Conspiracy, etc). Glitching is glitching but I prefer to deal with just one amulet as opposed to five of them. Plus you don't have to become werewolf or vampire and you don't need to play follower tricks.

Just saying, there is a much easier way than the way you have outlined. If you are willing to bend and glitch the game that much to get the effect then I would assume that a simple Fortify Restoration glitch would be acceptable as well. Fortify Restoration potions set to 350-400% (iirc) give the same effect with way less baggage.

To do the restoration glitch, takes time. You need the ingredients, the enchanting etc. To do what I have outlined, takes not very long. You can become a werewolf very quickly, in only 3 quests of the Companions. You can get five amulets of Talos within five minutes.

To do the Werewolf/Follower thing, takes less than one minute. All in all, you're set in less than an hour from Helgen.

There are of course other ways to do the zero cool down time. This was just one example, which is simple. Takes very little effort.

LotusEater

To do the restoration glitch, takes time. You need the ingredients, the enchanting etc. To do what I have outlined, takes not very long. You can become a werewolf very quickly, in only 3 quests of the Companions. You can get five amulets of Talos within five minutes.

To do the Werewolf/Follower thing, takes less than one minute. All in all, you're set in less than an hour from Helgen.

There are of course other ways to do the zero cool down time. This was just one example, which is simple. Takes very little effort.

I know both methods very well. What you are suggesting, though possible, can be a major pita to pull off. I really don't see how making a few potions with basic, readily available ingredients is so much more time consuming and difficult compared to all the juggling you are suggesting in the 'werewolf' method. Forget finding 5 Talos amulets (in 5 minutes no less...lol). I mean most of us have a set of crafting equipment anyway and that is all you need along with one amulet and a handful of salt and fish. If you use Yellow Mountain Flower (DG), you only need to loop Restoration a couple times to get the percentage.

Like I said, to each their own but I feel you are misrepresenting how much time and effort can be lost using the werewolf method in the long run. I generally do the potion glitch fairly early, make about a half dozen glitch potions to keep in my inventory and then never worry about it again. If I get stripped of my gear, all I need to do is put on the amulet, drink a pre-made potion, 'wait' an hour gametime... put on the rest of my gear so it isn't affected by the glitch and I'm done. Like I said, your method works, just way too many moving parts and requirements imo, plus it's just not very reliable. Triggering the NPC during transformation is tricky at best. Finding 5 Talos amulets in 5 minutes is a trick I would like to see... Radiant isn't always reliable no matter how many times you reload.

And how are you set only an hour after leaving Helgen? What game are you playing that you can escape Helgen, become a werewolf, acquire an Amulet of Talos and unlock and kill your first Dragon in under an hour? Because if you can pull that off in an hour then my Skyrim must be broken.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I know both methods very well. What you are suggesting, though possible, can be a major pita to pull off. I really don't see how making a few potions with basic, readily available ingredients is so much more time consuming and difficult compared to all the juggling you are suggesting in the 'werewolf' method.

The method I suggested, isn't for everyone. It is just one of several ways of doing something, not everyone is going to do alchemy.

Forget finding 5 Talos amulets (in 5 minutes no less...lol). I mean most of us have a set of crafting equipment anyway and that is all you need along with one amulet and a handful of salt and fish. If you use Yellow Mountain Flower (DG), you only need to loop Restoration a couple times to get the percentage.

I'm sure you have your way to do something, that is great. Add it to the thread, others may like it, give it a try. I'm not telling people "Do this! Only this!"

You can get Five Talos amulets in around five minutes. It doesn't take very long, once you keep resetting the merchant.

Like I said, to each their own but I feel you are misrepresenting how much time and effort can be lost using the werewolf method in the long run. I generally do the potion glitch fairly early, make about a half dozen glitch potions to keep in my inventory and then never worry about it again.

Again, if you feel your way is better. Explain it, jolt it down for people. Where to get things etc.

The thread was just an example for those wanting to try it.

If I get stripped of my gear, all I need to do is put on the amulet, drink a pre-made potion, 'wait' an hour gametime... put on the rest of my gear so it isn't affected by the glitch and I'm done. Like I said, your method works, just way too many moving parts and requirements imo, plus it's just not very reliable. Triggering the NPC during transformation is tricky at best. Finding 5 Talos amulets in 5 minutes is a trick I would like to see... Radiant isn't always reliable no matter how many times you reload.

I managed to trigger my follower during transformation, first try. It is a matter of pressing buttons at the same time, if that is tricky and I just lucked out. Then perhaps your way could be better, if so explain it for others?

I managed to find five Talos amulets rather quickly. Resetting the inventory, grants the chance fairly high to get an amulet.

And how are you set only an hour after leaving Helgen? What game are you playing that you can escape Helgen, become a werewolf, acquire an Amulet of Talos and unlock and kill your first Dragon in under an hour? Because if you can pull that off in an hour then my Skyrim must be broken.

Easy, go through Helgen. Once at Riverwood, sell things you got on your way, you should have around 1000+ Septims after selling. Buy health potions, grab a follower from Riverwood, go through the barrow, head to Whiterun and join the Companions. Take up arms, get a contract one close by. The prisoner or brawl works best, since the prisoner for Whiterun is outside the gates. After that you'll do the quest meeting the silverhand, go through that. Then do another Companion radiant quest, the next quest will make you a werewolf, finish that. Head to Solitude, and Radiant Raiment, get your amulets. Deliver the stone, the Dragon will happen instantly after you give the stone. Go face the Dragon, unlock shouts.

Get Lydia, transform, put your amulets on.

There is no real rush, but it can be done fairly quickly. I'm sure anyone who has had the game for years, can do those quests with their eyes closed. An hour is more a figure of speech, but you're not far off it. Not going to take the whole afternoon.

I personally chose to do this Thu'um thing after the Main quest, because I felt like messing around in the game.

But, like I said. If you have another way, write it up for people. I'm new to the whole Thu'um exploit, since I don't really mess with the game. You seem to know about it, so I'm interested in your way. If you're willing to write up a how to, where to get the things needed etc.

LotusEater

May have been a figure of speech but you actually said that it could be done in "less than an hour". That's a lot of questing and dialogue to get done that quickly.

The Restoration loop and glitch are well documented and covered over and over. I'm sure Google will give you about 10,000 hits on that subject. With the loop you can just keep looping until you hit the right percentage. Your Amulet of Talos will be affected by the loop along with the rest of your gear. Once you have zero cooldown on your amulet, craft up a few backup potions on the spot and you are set. The glitch will leave your amulet pumped until you take it off again. If that happens for whatever reason, just chug a backup potion and back to business. No transformations necessary. No follower required, you are right back online with minimal effort.

Not saying that the werewolf method is wrong and I really didn't want to debate the issue but when you go on to claim that you can get this done less than an hour out of Helgen and that you also manage to snag 5 AoT's in 5 minutes I have to call foul. That's just misleading imo.

Btw, for those who don't know, there is an Amulet of Talos at Fort Dawnguard on a barrel in the exterior roof zone.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Not really misleading, getting the amulets is fairly easy most of the time. It didn't take me very long at all, not even five minutes. Took four resets.

From Helgen, to get things done. You're not looking at all day, or even several hours. You have five Companion quests, which aren't long at all, the first being about a few minutes. It is one of the smallest faction lines in the game. Bleakfalls and the Dragon, that alone isn't very long. It is a small dungeon, and can be done straight out of Riverwood. The Dragon fight, unless you're on legendary won't take all that long with the amount of people there.

If you're good, an hour - two hours. If you're not very good two hours +

The Restoration loop and glitch are well documented and covered over and over. I'm sure Google will give you about 10,000 hits on that subject.

It is covered on Google, so is the example I gave. But it is one offer criticism about an example, without properly explaining why yours is better.

It was to give a quick, simple way for people. Where do you get the ingredients from, how many do you need, how many potions, how many do you need to burn off before the restoration loop is high enough?

These are questions people would want to know. I made the thread to give help, and if there were better ways that is great. I haven't done other ways, and I don't write things up unless I tested it myself.

I'm sorry, but I find it quite irritating when someone will offer criticism about their way being better, then go "Well you can just use Google" when asked about it.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
LotusEater
I don't really know what exactly you try to clarify here. DrunkenMage is not presenting this thread as the best and only way to get unlimited Thu'ums. It is supposed to help people in a very quick way. I myself tried this, and it took 1 hour and a few minutes. And even if it would take longer - who cares? Worst case scenario is that someone ends up spending a tad bit more time on this. If that's the only thing we have to worry about...

If you offer criticism, that's fine. But then at least explain your alternative. ;)

khazan99

If you're on PC, here's an alternative to the "werewolf method"

Amulets of Thu'um Mastery - Steam Workshop link

It's also nice because it requires you to craft each successive level of amulet as well as spend a lot of septims...not entirely balanced maybe, but it goes a long way toward eliminating the 'exploit' feel.

Derp

Turtle power!
Can you do this with any amulet? I would love to have a regular amulet along with an amulet of talos.

khazan99

Can you do this with any amulet? I would love to have a regular amulet along with an amulet of talos.

As far as I can tell (I've never tried it myself), it can be used for various pieces of equipment. The link I posted above contains some information on it, stating:

"With this exploit, you'll be able to equip an unlimited amount of items on you at once, with any enchantments stacking. That means you could easily max out your armor rating, stack smithing or alchemy enchantments, and other wonderful things..."

Hope that helps!

Derp

Turtle power!
I wonder if i equip 50 boots of player enchanted muffling if I will be completely silent then, or 50 boots of 40% sneaking o_O

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts