• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Is it possible to find a unenchanted mages good the color of the apprentice hood on vanilla skyrim or do they all look like novice hoods?

Aren Direfrost... Witchhunter

JoeReese

I can't picture the color difference off the top of my head, but short of finding one in random loot, I'd say your best bet is Radiant Raiments in Solitude.

I can't picture the color difference off the top of my head, but short of finding one in random loot, I'd say your best bet is Radiant Raiments in Solitude.
The apprentice hood is dark brown unless you look hard it looks black while the novice hood is tan and I haven't found one there yet but I might have to be a higher level before they stock them unenchanted or something

Adam Warlock

Vendor- Colette Marence

Loot- sometimes the Thief who wants to rob you wears one

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
The Mage Hood is usually a lighter tan color, yes; it is basically the unenchanted version of the Novice Hood. The Adept Hood is the darker brown color one, while the Apprentice Hood is a lighter color with a sort of "lining" which protrudes around the edge of the hood.

As Adam Warlock noted above, the NPC Thief that sometimes (poorly) attempts a robbery on the road usually wears one. Wiki link

The Mage Hood is usually a lighter tan color, yes; it is basically the unenchanted version of the Novice Hood. The Adept Hood is the darker brown color one, while the Apprentice Hood is a lighter color with a sort of "lining" which protrudes around the edge of the hood.

As Adam Warlock noted above, the NPC Thief that sometimes (poorly) attempts a robbery on the road usually wears one. Wiki link
Everytime he robbed me it looked identical to the novice hood and I want an apprentice hood I can enchant myself I don't like the color of the normal mages hood

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector

Everytime he robbed me it looked identical to the novice hood and I want an apprentice hood I can enchant myself I don't like the color of the normal mages hood

Totally understand, yes.... well, if you're on PC, there is a mod which allows you to "craft" (at any blacksmith forge) unenchanted versions of all types of Robes and Hoods:

Steam link (probably on Nexus too but not sure): Scholar Armor

Totally understand, yes.... well, if you're on PC, there is a mod which allows you to "craft" (at any blacksmith forge) unenchanted versions of all types of Robes and Hoods:

Steam link (probably on Nexus too but not sure): Scholar Armor
This is why I want to join the master race XD I'm playing vanilla on 360.

Benthos

Proud Mer
This is THE place I go to because I love the Expert and Master Robes but want my own enchantment on them.

JoeReese

Yeah, I've found a lot of stuff I didn't expect there. Not sure about the apprentice hood, though. I wonder about thieves guild hoods?
Sadly, if you were on PC I could fix this for you in about 30 seconds. :/

Yeah, I've found a lot of stuff I didn't expect there. Not sure about the apprentice hood, though. I wonder about thieves guild hoods?
Sadly, if you were on PC I could fix this for you in about 30 seconds. :/
I plan on being on PC eventually just money's tight right now cause I have a 4 month old lol

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Oh the quest to find an unenchanted dark hood you ask!?

I have spent countless hours in this pursuit and I have whittled down to just 2 hoods in the game:

Vampire Hood: Dawnguard DLC needed, the travelling advisor is wearing it when you get a mission from Isran or Galmor to discreetly kill him. This hood is identical to the green hood that Radiant Raiment sell (I have never seen a dark hood in Radiant after many attempts at resetting their inventory).

Worn Shrouded Cowl: Found in the Master Bedroom of The Dawnstar Sanctuary. It is considered light armour (so mage armour perk will be affected). It cannot be tempered but it can be enchanted.

They are the only dark hoods that I have found after searching quite extensively...

Oh the quest to find an unenchanted dark hood you ask!?

I have spent countless hours in this pursuit and I have whittled down to just 2 hoods in the game:

Vampire Hood: Dawnguard DLC needed, the travelling advisor is wearing it when you get a mission from Isran or Galmor to discreetly kill him. This hood is identical to the green hood that Radiant Raiment sell (I have never seen a dark hood in Radiant after many attempts at resetting their inventory).

Worn Shrouded Cowl: Found in the Master Bedroom of The Dawnstar Sanctuary. It is considered light armour (so mage armour perk will be affected). It cannot be tempered but it can be enchanted.

They are the only dark hoods that I have found after searching quite extensively...
thanks for the help ill probably chase down the vampire hood

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts