PS3 Unarmed Enhancments In Upcoming DLC Feedback

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

MaiqTheLiar

Here are a few suggestions M'aiq has got for the upcoming DLC in regards to unarmed attacks:

M'aiq thinks improved sneak attacks with Unarmed would be an incredible addition to the game. Perhaps the 'Backstab' perk could include unarmed attacks - "Sneak attacks with one-handed weapons/unarmed attacks now do six times damage." A possible finishing animation could be a 'choke out' or 'neck snap'. (M'aiq actually thought this was in the game before release.)

Scattering some new non-playable characters around Skyrim to teach the player new unarmed attacks. These new attacks could possibly disarm, paralyze, or knockdown an enemy.

M'aiq won't suggest that unarmed should scale with any particular skill, but M'aiq will suggest that unarmed benefit from braces/gauntlets/gloves improved through Smithing.

M'aiq thinks these additions would provide a new learning experience for the players, and also give opportunity for new challenging quests.

zFrenzyy

Assassin at your service
Yeah, kind of similar to Fallout : New Vegas.
They had people that taught you to do certain unarmed moves.
Although I hated the melee of that game -.-

MaiqTheLiar

Yeah, kind of similar to Fallout : New Vegas.
They had people that taught you to do certain unarmed moves.
Although I hated the melee of that game -.-

Yes, M'aiq's suggesting something similar to that unarmed non-player character training methodology. It would give the player something more to learn, play, and challenge themselves with. More importantly it wouldn't take away from the game, or rather the downloadable content, and it would truly be an expansion on an already beautifully designed combat system.

M'aiq is selling the idea a little bit, but M'aiq really thinks it would close the gap on unarmed combat in the wastes of Skyrim.

you can stealth snap peoples neck, it's just difficult to do because you're damage is capped at 60 something and most humanoids have easily enough health to avoid being one-shotted by that when there are no multiplication effects, I must say that I am a little dissapointed that unarmed doesn't benefit from one handed skill tree in the same way as knives (and especially that it doesn't benefit from stealth attacks)

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Posting suggestions is a waste of time. There's millions of these posts online. Bethesda do not care, and DLC may not even come.

Posting suggestions is a waste of time. There's millions of these posts online. Bethesda do not care, and DLC may not even come.

meh, it's good to put the ideas out there, someone might read it and go on to make a similar game with said feature in it, or maybe there are people out there that like and enjoy the ideas themselves.

there's a point, even if it isn't productive.

MaiqTheLiar

Posting suggestions is a waste of time.

It isn't a waste of time; M'aiq has posted M'aiq's idea in hopes that it reaches some person on the Bethesda development team. It's not so farfetched that a person from Bethesda gets wind of M'aiq's suggestions by stumbling upon M'aiq's post, or even hearing it from a person that heard it from a person, who stumbled upon M'aiq's post. Even if nobody hears M'aiq's suggestions, M'aiq is proud to have taken the small bit of time it took to share them; Even if they may or may not ever come to fruition.

There's millions of these posts online.

M'aiq doesn't think there are one million posts providing this exact suggestion.

Bethesda do not care, and DLC may not even come

M'aiq thinks Bethesda cares, and there is likely going to be DLC for Skyrim. Do you have any suggestions for unarmed enhancements in the upcoming DLC that may never come?

Necromis

Not commenting on the likeliness of it happening, but a couple of comments on the topic as a whole. Firstly, unarmed should not benefit from the 1h tree, as you are not using a weapon, if a DLC does address unarmed it should include a whole new skill tree and include different perks within for unarmed including increase damage and other options. Sneak for sure should apply to unarmed combat probably under that 6x damage perk. It seems stupid that they didn't include unarmed skill tree in the original game when they have the brawls happening, the perk in heavy armour for it and the enchanted item for it.

IMO, Bethesda let loose a big brain fart when they thought out unarmed combat. I also think it would have been better for them to have released it in a patch. Saying oops we forgot to include this piece. I know that won't happen though, and the only hope is when they release DLC content all of them include this fix.

Adam Warlock

love the unarmed punch-outs my follower has been delivering but a garrotte as a weapon would be nice

MaiqTheLiar

Not commenting on the likeliness of it happening, but a couple of comments on the topic as a whole. Firstly, unarmed should not benefit from the 1h tree, as you are not using a weapon, if a DLC does address unarmed it should include a whole new skill tree and include different perks within for unarmed including increase damage and other options. Sneak for sure should apply to unarmed combat probably under that 6x damage perk. It seems stupid that they didn't include unarmed skill tree in the original game when they have the brawls happening, the perk in heavy armour for it and the enchanted item for it.

IMO, Bethesda let loose a big brain fart when they thought out unarmed combat. I also think it would have been better for them to have released it in a patch. Saying oops we forgot to include this piece. I know that won't happen though, and the only hope is when they release DLC content all of them include this fix.

Perhaps M'aiq was a bit modest with M'aiq's suggestions, because M'aiq agrees that an entire skill tree for unarmed would be more than appropriate.

Gore gro-Gijakudob

The skills are all very specific, very few characters would choose unarmed combat as an option because, well, it's boring, no new weapons to look forward to. It already is incorporated with the Iron fist perk and the Kajiit's natural ability. Like all racial abilities (Except for an Orcs) they tend to be made redundant by better spells/abilities later in the game but an unarmed Kajiit Iron fist smith is a very viable and playable character choice in the early game. As for a new skill tree, no way. Firstly it messes with the constellations dammit! And secondly, I'll be level 81 by the time it comes out and don't plan on repeating my current 475 hours to punch people instead of removing their heads with my warhammer.

Necromis

@Gore, Actually if you open Unarmed as a viable skill, you can offer options of equipment to go with it. Unarmed is not a boring skill, IMO. Think of things like brass knuckles, or clawed gauntlets that would add to your unarmed damage/skill. You could craft them all the way up to daedric, enchant them to do frost/fire/paralyze etc. So from my point of view you are wrong on that. You do realize that most of the DLCs will end up probably adding some new skill trees. So if you plan on playing any of them it will mess up your constellations. LOL

Gore gro-Gijakudob

@Gore, Actually if you open Unarmed as a viable skill, you can offer options of equipment to go with it. Unarmed is not a boring skill, IMO. Think of things like brass knuckles, or clawed gauntlets that would add to your unarmed damage/skill. You could craft them all the way up to daedric, enchant them to do frost/fire/paralyze etc. So from my point of view you are wrong on that. You do realize that most of the DLCs will end up probably adding some new skill trees. So if you plan on playing any of them it will mess up your constellations. LOL

I bet my ass the DLC will not add any new skill trees. They may add some free perks (like Sailor's repose). If I'm wrong, please feel free to quote this and mock me at leisure. Your suggestions are already viable in a way. You can take (or craft) any heavy armour gauntlets, add two enchantments, improve them to legendary (Disenchant gloves of the pugilist for an extra unarmed enhancer enchantment) , use a Kajiit, get Iron fist and be a pretty formidable hand to hand fighter already.

MaiqTheLiar

I bet my ass the DLC will not add any new skill trees. They may add some free perks (like Sailor's repose). If I'm wrong, please feel free to quote this and mock me at leisure. Your suggestions are already viable in a way. You can take (or craft) any heavy armour gauntlets, add two enchantments, improve them to legendary (Disenchant gloves of the pugilist for an extra unarmed enhancer enchantment) , use a Kajiit, get Iron fist and be a pretty formidable hand to hand fighter already.

Your behind belongs to M'aiq.

Necromis

LOL I guess I need to collect his ass? Um, can I do a double or nothing bet on something and loose instead? :eek: