PS3 Unable to Recharge Enchanted Weapons

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Aemps

exploiting the advantages of being female
anybody else having a problem recharging their enchanted weapons on the PS3?

in item mode when i go over my weapon or when i equip it, instructions at the bottom say i can recharge using R2 button

i have tried and nothing happens, i have all types of soul gems in my inventory, and all of them filled up.

any solution out there?

thanks

It should pop up a list underneath the image of the item, where the stats are supposed to be where you can scroll down and select the soul gem you'd like to use. Hope that helps.

Aemps

thanks man, no pop up so far, only says to press r2 to recharge but still nothing, though ive seen the same complaints in other forums, will wait for a solution, thanks for your time and ill watch out for that pop up

Jimbob

I am also having this problem. Any word on a fix? Please don't tell me to look for a pop up. I press R2 and it does nothing. What's the point of enchanting weapons if I can't recharge the damn thingS?

bravura

I have same problem
if you look in the help menu it says to use triangle button instead of r2 but that makes an item a favorite
itlooks like they never settled on how to recharge items

Aemps

sorry guys still no solution so far, no pop up for me just the same R2 to recharge at the lower left corner right after L1R1 to equip but when i press R2 nothing happens still. its a bit annoying coz those trap soul weapons are very nifty to have, im using trap soul spell fro the meantime to charge my soul gems (from that wizard in Dragonreach, just in case you guys are after the same enchant)

will try to bump this up once i find the solution i promise

James Echt

if u have changed shout (on controller) from R2 it dosent work, just change it back
Recharging enchanted items on PS3: Changing the controller settings back to default worked for me. Thanks to VIBII for saving me some frustration.

kbm1767

Still not working for me. I hadn't changed the controller setup originally and it didn't work. So I tried changing, and changing back and still no luck. Gonna keep trying things, but so far no luck.

This is a HUGE bummer for me...

Schuelz189

I was having this problem with the PC version. After I searched for about an hour through the forums and the games controls, I found that somehow my recharge button got switched to F7 even though it still said T on my inventory page.

To see what action your recharge is set to, go to the save/load screen, go to help, then enchanted weapons.

Hope this helps!

Vanheille

Thanks for the advice on changing controls back to default, worked for me on ps3.

kbm1767

so I upgraded to the 1.02 patch, and boom there it was 'R2 recharge item'. I checked on a weaker item so I placed it in storage and kept on going. So I find some stuff worth using and R2 is gone. Uninstall patch, reinstall pathc and still no luck. So for giggles, I fire off a fireball staff in my house, and boom R2 recharge is back - for that item only.... So I find an enchanted bow, no R2, fire it at the wall in my house, and R2 recharge appears, tried a second staff and that worked also.

the only other weapon I've tried this with is the ghostblade(?) and that won't R2 for me. I don't know if its because it completely empty or what - but since its not that great...will have to try with some other weapons (swords and such) and I'll post what I find. Need to make sure I can get some enchanted daggers going for my x30 damage....ya hooo

Aemps

thanks guys! im glad thats fixed. mine got fixed eventually when i got tired of having my shout on the "X" button and switched it to "R2" , then when i was trying to charge again it worked suddenly. so i think if you just switch around your commands you should be able to get back your recharge button somehow.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts