• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Edgeheaded

Dunmer Warrior
I have a little problem in Skyrim's latest update on ps3. I finished playing with my main character and decided to create a new one so I saved the old one then went back to the main page and pressed new, and it erased my main character's save, so uhhh... What should I do?

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
You have to make sure you create a new save just before Hadvar asks you "Who are you?" Otherwise, it will save over your previous game save. I had that happen to a level 42 Mage that I was kicking ass with. I was pissed to say the least.

Edgeheaded

Dunmer Warrior
Meh I finished the game anyway I just want to play around with that character later, but thanks anyway.

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
You can also do a double save with your old character before you start over. It either replaces one of them or none

Joker

Also, if you do like I said above, and then make a new save once you have chosen your race & personalized that character, you never have to go through the opening cart ride! You can always start a new game from where you choose your race.

Also, if you do like I said above, and then make a new save once you have chosen your race & personalized that character, you never have to go through the opening cart ride! You can always start a new game from where you choose your race.

You guys are amazing --- I'm sick of that ride in the wagon at the start :vomit: Tks for the info:)

Joker

I am slightly incorrect above. You save before you choose your race, then once you choose your character, you make a new save. That way, the save where right before you are asked who you are stays in your list. The, when you want a new character, which if you are like me is about weekly..... You just load that save, create a new character, and save that as a new file, so you can always come back right before you start to choose your character.

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
Or, if you play on PC, you can try this mod:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8207//?

I don't mind the cart ride and escaping the destruction of Helgen, so I haven't actually used this mod, but I read through the notes and it looks good.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts