Umbra - Anyone found it yet?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

KaizoMK

Yes meant Cyrodill thanks. I did not know that about the sword, being as i preffered never to hunt it down, but thank you for the very interesting lore behind it :) Possibly the wielder of Umbra died a death outside of battle and the sword was lost with him? Maybe your old character who did have the sword (assuming he was clearly to powerful to beaten anyways), died of old age or some other and the sword is still with him in Cyrodill? Just a thought :)
If that's true, and they made a Cyrodill expansion....

....that's being entirely too hopeful, though.

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
Lot of what ifs here. The point is, though they decided not to include Umbra in this current state of the game for whatever reason, they could easily bring it back in at any point in time and it would readily be welcome. Given the constant state of war that Tamriel has been in for the past 200 years just about any story could be supported with the Umbra story line.

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
Sorry to necrobump but I just came onto a realization in relation to Umbra. I was unaware of this in the past as I never bothered to return the sword in Oblivion. According to TES canon the sword Umbra, upon being returned to the the daedric prince Clavicus Vile by an adventurer who may or may not have been the hero of Kvatch, was transported to the prince's realm, it's last known location. SOOOOO chances are even with expansions we are not going to be seeing Umbra return in this installment of TES. :sadface:

TES VI however........................