Uh...I think Ysolda found the bath salts

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Amaryllis

Okay. So, I have a problem, and that problem is that in my game, Ysolda has gone completely insane.

So I enter Whiterun on a new character last night. The conversation between Idolaf Battle-born and Adrianna Avenicci starts for the hundred thousandth time, as usual. Then, suddenly, Idolaf draws his sword, utters a war cry and goes charging toward the center of town. I'm thinking 'ugh, a vampire spawn,' because those always happen when I'm seriously wanting to do something else. Anyway, I follow him, hoping no important npcs are dead. But we get there, and nobody is dead, but Ysolda and Fralia Gray-Mane are both kneeling down in the 'wounded' position, Ysolda is bloody and has a guard's arrow sticking out of her. It turns out, Ysolda apparently drew her dagger and attacked Fralia Gray-Mane and got lynched by the entire town. She recovers, and goes for it again. Then again. Finally, she recovers and runs away screaming, and everything else goes back to normal, but then like a minute later, she comes back and attacks the elf dude running the meat stall. This goes on and on. I reset a few times, but she won't stop. So I start using console commands on her (note: I'm not really a super awesome console command guru; I just looked up the wiki stuff). Nothing works. I can get her to calm down for like five seconds, but then she just goes ballistic again as soon as she sees anyone from the town. Like, this one time, she fled into Belethor's store. I follow her in, she recovers, I console to calm her down. She's fine, I talk to her, take her quest for the mammoth tusk. I think everything's fixed maybe. Nope. As soon as I end the conversation, she runs over and kills Belethor, and then sheathes her dagger and calmly walks out of the store. Outside of a twinge of jealousy, because I've totally wanted to stab Belethor myself for a long time, this is really annoying. I go back outside, she's at it again. Charges right for Fralia Gray-Mane, gets owned by the town, goes on a loop of this.

Reload back outside of Whiterun. I summon her to me, and as soon as she spawns, she attacks a guard. I run further away, spawn her, she attacks a horse. I spawn her in the complete middle of nowhere, she attacks me. But only if I'm in front of her. She seems perfectly willing to ignore me (despite looking over her shoulder at me), as long as I don't pass in front of her.

Nothing is fixing her. I've done stopcombat (works for the amount of time it takes her to sheath her dagger, because she instantly draws it again), resetai, setrelationshiprank (I don't know how this will help since I seem to be the LAST target on her list, but since I'm using the console, I may as well), disable/enable, straight up killed her and resurrected her, recycle, nothing. As soon as she's back, she's on the warpath again.

Now, I can seem to 'fix' her by stopcombat, setrelationshiprank to 4, adding her to the follower faction and making her a follower. She seems pretty placid this way, but if I dismiss her, she's back to wanting to kill everyone.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I had the Ysolda Enhanced mod, but I've had it forever and it never gave me a problem before. And then even after deleting it, her behavior hasn't changed, and remains this way in every new game I start even after it's long gone (I've been testing). She remains fine and unaggressive on any save prior to the first one where this happened, but on any new ones, she's completely nuts. I have no other mods that could conceivably be affecting her.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
you can use the console command TCAI on her to remove her Combat AI and she will never misbehave again....Hopefully

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
Aside from the frustration this has caused you, that was epically entertaining.

I gotta say, if anyone knows console commands and mods, it's tx. I don't have any advice, personally, but he had mountains of experience. I'd try what he suggests.

Amaryllis

you can use the console command TCAI on her to remove her Combat AI and she will never misbehave again....Hopefully

Hey, tried this, and it seemed to make her hostile to me (in dialogue), but it did stop her from attacking, and there were no other victims of her 28 Days Later-esque rage rampage. setrelationshiprank again, and she seems to be okay. Here's to hoping. Thanks for the advice!
Aside from the frustration this has caused you, that was epically entertaining.

Incidentally, the first character where this happened was my attempt at a 'merchant' type character (kind of sucks at fighting, or any magic other than maybe illusion/alteration, mostly just lugs bodyguards around for protection), and it's likely that he would have eventually married Ysolda since it seems like she would fit that better than nearly anyone. So it couldn't have happened on a more inopportune playthrough, lol. Maybe I still have Camilla Valerius' number around here somewhere...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts