• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nameless233

So I'm gonna have a two handed noble paladin kind of character and I'm leaning toward a great sword ( for looks and role playing) and I do want it, but I was wondering, is it worth the extra speed for the loss of damage or should I go with a war hammer? ( btw no battle axe, that's another file ha)

Hai-raoul

Go with warhammer! Go get volendrung! It swings at the speed of a greatsword, but does the damage of a warhammer, plus it has a drain stamina enchantment and looks completely boss!

Nameless233

How do I get that? Is it hard? will it take long?

Hai-raoul

Nah, if you want more info just google "elder scrolls wiki" and from there search for volendrung, it's a short quest, you get it at that Orc stronghold that's under attack from giants

Nameless233

Ok cool what kind is it? ( daedric orcish etc...?

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
According to the Elder Scrolls wiki, it's a Daedric artifact. So yes, it's powerful.

ted

$L@Y3R
Nah, if you want more info just google "elder scrolls wiki" and from there search for volendrung, it's a short quest, you get it at that Orc stronghold that's under attack from giants
I cant get inside that fort because the front gate is locked How do I

Hai-raoul

You have to be friends of the orcs, I think if you help kill the giant? I don't know, look it up on wiki

ExOxS

Sir Smoove
You must go do the quest for the Orc Stronghold near Markarth.

The Barefoot Nord

I need some dragon scale shoes.
I just created my first warrior character and I think I will limit him to just two handed weapons. Thanks for the tip on the warhammer!

Pete

I use a great plain sword and the shout elemental fury. You get to swing it fast (like a sword) and don't have to worry about re-charging, etc... It's also amazing how much SkyForge Steel great swords can be improved by smithing. I prefer the great sword with light armor to be as fast as possible. Hitting municipal targets at once with that two-handled swipe perk is nice too. You've got to stand back a bit if they have a shield thou.

The Barefoot Nord

I need some dragon scale shoes.
I use a great plain sword and the shout elemental fury. You get to swing it fast (like a sword) and don't have to worry about re-charging, etc... It's also amazing how much SkyForge Steel great swords can be improved by smithing. I prefer the great sword with light armor to be as fast as possible. Hitting municipal targets at once with that two-handled swipe perk is nice too. You've got to stand back a bit if they have a shield thou.

Does the SkyForge actually make better weapons? I always thought it was just another blacksmith shop as far as creating went.

Kuurus

I believe the only difference is the additional items that can only be crafted there (Skyforge Steel weapons, Nord Hero Weapons and Ancient Nord armor) Any normal weapon type made will be the same as if you made it at another forge. There is no difference in the quality of those.

Pete

Have you noticed that all the smiths say its not quite like SkyForge steel? I've got a very high smith skill, and when I upgrade my Skyforge great sword, it upgrades to match the best of the other higher level swords I've found so far. A regular steel sword will not upgrade anywhere near what I can do with a SkyForge steel one.

As a Champion Nord, its nice to stick with upgraded Nord armor and weapons. I've upgraded my scale armor several times too. I think I'm about 500 now with it (counting light armor perks).

Kuurus

Upgrades should always be consistent when considered relatively based on your smithing skill and bonuses from enchantments or potions. Skyforge steel will upgrade more than regular steel because it starts with a higher damage base than a regular steel weapon. However, upgrading it will not make it come close to a higher damage base weapon also upgraded under the same circumstances.

For example if the base on a steel dagger is 5, the base on a skyforge steel dagger is 8 and the base on an ebony dagger is 11, then when all 3 are upgraded the Skyforge will of course receive a bigger boost than the steel, but the ebony will receive an even bigger boost than the Skyforge.

This is as I said with all circumstances being equal. If you have the steel smithing perk and not the ebony smithing perk however, then the circumstances are not equal. Your steel (including Skyforge steel) weapons will see a bigger relative increase.

Pete

Did some checking. My Level 40 Nord has a smithing skill of 92 and a two handed skill of 100. (all earned the hard way). She also has bracers of eminent smithing.

I can smith a elven great sword to legendary quality of 90 damage, skyforge great sword to legendary quality of 95 damage, and create ebony great swords of legendary quality of 101 damage. Quite amazing skyforge steel is only a 6 points difference! Its great stuff to work with and I agree with the other smithy's.

BTW the skyforge is much more affordable at 300g while the ebony is 3000g

Nameless233

Hey does anyone know what the max percentage of chance of a critical hit there can be for a great sword and the max percentage of ignored armor for a war hammer is?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts