• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

GratuitousViolets

PS3 Addict
I'm SO stumped on this. Such a dilemma. Nazeem is bugging me, I want him dead. Not just because he keeps insulting me about the cloud district but because I think his long suffering wife really needs him gone altogether.

Problem is I want to do it stealthily without being set upon by other people. This is a pain because Nazeem doesn't really go anywhere on his own unless it's his bedroom in the Drunken Huntsman. He is in there on his own for a very short time, but unfortunately the bloody inn keeper Elrindir keeps following me upstairs making it difficult to carry out the plot.

Is there a way to do this? I miss poison apples. :sadface: This guy just SO needs to die.

Nighthiker77

He's easier to get walking from the Whiterun gate to the left up the hill. You can get in a shadow and pick him off of the path

Ignami351

INFP of the Blue Variety
If you're a good sneak you can get away with assassinating him from afar without getting caught in broad daylight. Otherwise, you could cast a frenzy spell on him (giving you a bounty of only 50.... I think..) and watch everyone else hack him to pieces.

GratuitousViolets

PS3 Addict
Managed finally get the guy. Took me about 20 reloads. I had to run downstairs, get the inn-keep to run after me, poison a dagger, run upstairs on sneak, quickly fly in, stab the tosser and then run out. I heard the inn-keep cry "Murderer!" but I didn't get any bounty and he never attacked me. Nazeem is now dead, thank the divines! I hope his wife is a lot happier now.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
I find a cozy spot in the shade and with my sneak perks, just lay in the cut until a bow shot opens up!

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
Why not just drink an invisibility potion as he heads upstairs to his room, follow him in, poison your dagger, and finish him off?

1. Hide somewhere outside.
2. Wait.
3. Shoot him with a bow.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Since everyone just can't help but talk to you if you walk too closely to them, I've toyed with taking out the more annoying Whiterun citizens by hanging out near Breezehome and waiting for the right opportunity. If you enter a door as someone is telling you their life story, they enter with you.

So I figure if they're close enough to me as I walk in my home after getting them to start yapping, they'll follow.

After that, well ... in Breezehome, no one can hear you scream. Except Lydia. And she's always in MY room getting bread crumbs all over the floor.

1) Fury. 40 septim bounty, and the guards kill him for you.
2) He walks right past Breeze Home all the time, so talk to him, and before he shuts up about the Cloud District, kill him in the privacy of your own home.
3) With a bow, it's possible to get him with a sneak shot, hide behind the Drunken Huntsman, and get him on the way up the stairs from the Market toward the Eldergleam Tree. Might require some Lingering poison. Keep an eye on the Eye to make sure you're hidden.

Zaralink

Legendary Dovahkiin
Turn into a vampire lord or werewolf when you're alone. Go maul nazeem and run out of the city.

Ignami351

INFP of the Blue Variety
Turn into a vampire lord or werewolf when you're alone. Go maul nazeem and run out of the city.

Fair enough. that's actually probably the easiest suggestion so far; transform in breezehome, run outside, eat nazeems face off, run outside and once you're alone untransform! :D

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
It's time to make a mod where the guards will handsomely reward you when you kill Nazeem with a mace.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I always though Nazeem was unkillable without some tweek so I just arrange for him to get killed by vampires or a dragon. Works like a charm if you time it right.

I have been able to zap him with lightning enough to turn him in to a pile of ash, but that really doesn't do any good since he's still a glowing pile of ash you can interact with forever more.

Has anyone ever pick-pocketed his key and broken in to his house or farm? I would assume he has some good crap out there since he's always bragging about how rich he is.

GratuitousViolets

PS3 Addict
I always though Nazeem was unkillable without some tweek so I just arrange for him to get killed by vampires or a dragon. Works like a charm if you time it right.

I have been able to zap him with lightning enough to turn him in to a pile of ash, but that really doesn't do any good since he's still a glowing pile of ash you can interact with forever more.

Has anyone ever pick-pocketed his key and broken in to his house or farm? I would assume he has some good crap out there since he's always bragging about how rich he is.

I never pick pocketed the key, but I did go there in the earlier stages of trying to figure out how to catch the bugger alone so I could kill him. His farm isn't up to much considering how successful he claims to be, and as I recall the place is quite poor of belongings on the inside. I might have found a couple of cheap iron grade weapons and some food/drink items but that's as much as I can recall.

I had expected a lot of wealth but his home isn't anything better than the other NPCs of Whiterun. He even had a poor farmhand living there.

Daelon DuLac

I never pick pocketed the key, but I did go there in the earlier stages of trying to figure out how to catch the bugger alone so I could kill him. His farm isn't up to much considering how successful he claims to be, and as I recall the place is quite poor of belongings on the inside. I might have found a couple of cheap iron grade weapons and some food/drink items but that's as much as I can recall.

I had expected a lot of wealth but his home isn't anything better than the other NPCs of Whiterun. He even had a poor farmhand living there.
Oh well. Just a thought. At least I can get some cash for his clothes. :)

Lucid

I miss poison apples. :sadface:

I miss poison apples too! My favourite stealth way to kill Nazeem is jump on top of Heimskr's house, use invisibility and so into sneak mode to ensure I'm undetected. Then I wait until I can see both Nazeem and Braith, and cast Frenzy on Nazeem in hopes that he attacks Braith. It works more than half the time.

Braith can't be killed but it's fun to see her get stabbed by Nazeem, a guard or passerby kills Nazeem, and I go to The Bannered Mare and happily get drunk. Sometimes I drag the body to the bridge by Warmaiden's first.

Daelon DuLac

I miss poison apples. :sadface:

I miss poison apples too! My favourite stealth way to kill Nazeem is jump on top of Heimskr's house, use invisibility and so into sneak mode to ensure I'm undetected. Then I wait until I can see both Nazeem and Braith, and cast Frenzy on Nazeem in hopes that he attacks Braith. It works more than half the time.

Braith can't be killed but it's fun to see her get stabbed by Nazeem, a guard or passerby kills Nazeem, and I go to The Bannered Mare and happily get drunk. Sometimes I drag the body to the bridge by Warmaiden's first.
Hey! That's a great idea! I'll have to try that.