Trying to do God mode on PS3

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

NeoTheOne

Im using an unpatched version of the game on PS3 (ive never plugged it into the internet since I bought it). Ive watched a few videos on youtube as to how to do this. I can make the potions but for some reason I cant get the % to increase at all on the fortify restoration potion. Do I need to do an enchanting potion first then do the alchemy stuff ?

Im just un sure as to how to make this work. I mean I have the game on PC and could just do tgm on the PC version.

Also Im only level 17 in alchemy and im trying to up the levels on robes. Could this be the problem? do I need enchanted armor or some type of perk to make this work ?

Sorry for sounding like a total noob but i have no idea how to get this perk to work. and the videos online are pretty awful at explaining how to do this fully.

Thanks in advance for any useful responses

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
Are you un-equiping and re-equiping your fortify alchemy enchanments between each potion you make?

NeoTheOne

Are you un-equiping and re-equiping your fortify alchemy enchanments between each potion you make?

Ok well i made a fortify resoration potion drank it un-equipt then re-equipt the clothing and the percentage never rose. also my alchemy skill is low so is my enchantment. Im not sure if I need to make all enchanted armor or if this works on everything.

But i keep seeing fortify alchemy online here and cant seem to find what you need for it. but all the youtube videos show it as fortify resoration. i really wanna do this on the console, and its pissing me off.

JoeReese

This might sound like a dumb question, but the clothing you're equipping and unequipping...is it enchanted for alchemy? The enchantment itself is considered restoration magic, so if you're wearing alchemy enchantments then my only other guess would be to equip, create, quit alchemy, unequip, drink, close the menu completely. Then reopen the menu and re-equip and try again. Maybe fully closing the menu will work for you. If your clothes are not alchemy enchanted, then it won't work at all.

NeoTheOne

nah only the bracers i have on have an alchemy bonus. how and were can i find such clothing. or do i need to destroy that and create some stuff with an alchemy bonus to it with the arcane enchanter ?

Bad-People

It works faster if you have four fortify alchemy enchantments on. So I would recommend enchanting some more stuff. Also you wont see the percent change until you drink the next potion I believe, so try that.

JoeReese

Yes, as Bad-People said, it works best with all 4.

Gather yourself 4 full grand soul gems, and make or acquire a ring, necklace, gloves or bracers, and a helmet or circlet. Hands, finger, neck, head. Also, get hold of an Enchanter's Elixir if you can. That seems to be the strongest. Skyrim time does not seem to mirror real time, and I have found 30 seconds to be considerably shorter, so don't waste any time on the enchanter with naming them or anything.

I would go to the enchanter with nothing else non-magical on, so there are not extra choices in the enchant menu. Disenchant your bracers and learn the secret first, before you drink the potion. Then quit, drink, return, and quickly enchant all four items while you have the bonus. If you think you may be slower, then try to get two Elixirs and do it two at a time.

Once you've done that, return to your alchemy lab in all four garments (again, with nothing else extra to clog up your menu choices, so put all armor and apparel, as well as all potions and non-necessary ingredients away.)

At a minimum, keep your abs. longfin and cyrodillic spadetail, some salt piles, and if you have them any small pearls or small antlers. One of each, plus a salt pile, will make your restoration potions...no need to waste other ingredients. Always couple them with salt pile, because it's more easily obtained and cheaper.

Take a count of how many potions you can make. Let's say you have enough material for 10 potions. I would recommend doing this only 8 times (the make, drink, unequip, re-equip, etc.) and then use the last two sets of materials to make two potions at the top end. If you want to really overpower your weapons and armor, add some blisterwort, glowing mushroom, spriggan sap, and sabre cat tooth to your inventory before you start. Here again, it only takes two ingredients to make the potion.

Lock yourself into a quiet alchemy lab, make your follower wait somewhere they can't talk to you, and you're ready to start. Equip your lab apparel, make the first potion, quit, unequip, drink, close and reopen menu, re-equip and go again. Remember to save two potions worth. When you reach that point, make what will be your most-powerful potion twice, then immediately make as many fortify smithing potions as you can. If you have another pet potion, this is the time to crank out as many as possible but this also adds more potentially confusing choices to your menu.

Once you're all done, you should have two very powerful restoration potions and however many very powerful smithing potions. You want to do the same thing with smithing enchantments, always using grand soul gems, only it's ring, necklace, bracers and armor or clothes rather than headwear. When you go to smith up, take only what you want to upgrade (it doesn't work at the forge, only stone and bench). Make certain you have enough of and the right kind of ingots to do the upgrade, and again make the follower wait somewhere else.

If you're doing this in whiterun, do it after hours so whatshername can't get in your way. For this, you don't need to unequip and re-equip. Just go to the stone, make sure your enchanted apparel is equipped, drink a smithing potion immediately followed by a restoration potion (the enchanted clothes are restoration magic). Quickly upsmith your weapons first, then jump to the bench and do your armor. (armor has a cap of I think 567...weapons do not....strong offense and all that...) You should come away with some kickass armor, a few potions in case you want to do it again, and a spare restoration potion from which you can start your build the next time. Good luck.

JoeReese

I don't know. It worked fine for me, and we're playing with the patch installed. Are you on PS3 or something else?

NeoTheOne

ps3 unpatched and it still wont work. i also didnt have a high level alchemy bracers, they were only 14%. this is really annoying me idk what to do i made a enchanter potion drank it before i made those pieces and it went from 21% to 35% but then just stopped and didnt keep going up and I didnt see the alchemy levels change at all on the equiptment ?

Bad-People

Worked for me but I'm on 360. My advise should you get it to work though is make something with a super powerful fortify alchemy enchanment on it so you don't have to go through all these steps again.

JoeReese

Ok, I think I see what you're doing. Your alchemy equipment won't change. If you make a strong enough potion of enchantment, you can enchant them higher, but then they're stuck right there until you make a new set. What should change is the strength of your potions. Going back to the restoration, where you build from low level, you should see a weak potion. Drink it, and then make another and it should be slightly stronger, stronger for the next, etc. At the end, two potions before you run out of material, is when you want to make your smithing/enchanting potions, because the restoration potion acts on your alchemy gear to allow you to make stronger potions all-around, as long as you're still within your 30/60 seconds.

You want to read the potion description. It should say something like "for 30 seconds, created potions are 10% stronger" then 15%, 20%, etc. that's where you rise, in the potion itself.

NeoTheOne

Ok, I think I see what you're doing. Your alchemy equipment won't change. If you make a strong enough potion of enchantment, you can enchant them higher, but then they're stuck right there until you make a new set. What should change is the strength of your potions. Going back to the restoration, where you build from low level, you should see a weak potion. Drink it, and then make another and it should be slightly stronger, stronger for the next, etc. At the end, two potions before you run out of material, is when you want to make your smithing/enchanting potions, because the restoration potion acts on your alchemy gear to allow you to make stronger potions all-around, as long as you're still within your 30/60 seconds.

You want to read the potion description. It should say something like "for 30 seconds, created potions are 10% stronger" then 15%, 20%, etc. that's where you rise, in the potion itself.

Ok so i stopped trying to do it and legit just started making tons of weapons, potions and enchanting said weapons and selling them. Im going to get my smithing, enchanting, and alchemy to 100 then try and do this.

Bad-People

That really shouldn't matter, I did it with no exp in smithing or alchemy. The only reason I put any effort into enchanting was to get the double enchantment perk.

JoeReese

...which is an absolutely fantastic perk, by the way. Upsmith a sword, damage enchantment and a soul trap = one-stop shopping.

NeoTheOne

That really shouldn't matter, I did it with no exp in smithing or alchemy. The only reason I put any effort into enchanting was to get the double enchantment perk.
well i think if my levels are higher ill know how to find a piece of alchemy clothing that does more than 15 percent. cause when i did it the first time i broke something down with 14 percent and on the ring it only gave me a 1% boost.

Bad-People

That's why it helps to improve enchant, but smithing and alchemy are less important for this purpose.

JoeReese

** Verification needed **

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's your enchanting skill there. If I am correct, even if you found an item that boosts you 25%, when you disenchant it and learn the secret, your new enchantments will still be 15% until you increase your enchanting level, and perks.

I think my raw enchanting, without potions, is at 25% now, but I started in the 8% range or something. Now that you already know the secret, your enchantments will rise along with your enchanting skill level.

If you found a 25% enchantment item and wore it with your other 15% items, it would still help you more than all 15% items do. Conversely, if you had not disenchanted what you found and had worn it alone, you don't reap the benefits. ( 4 x 15% trumps 1 x 25% )

So, right now, with four 15% items, you're getting a 60% bonus on your alchemy. Where there is no potion to increase alchemy, there is a potion to increase restoration magic, which is your four enchanted items. Does that make sense?

Bad People is 100% right. A strong enchantment is exceptionally helpful, whether you're a warrior or mage, or thief, whatever. Go through your tree and you will see where you can increase effectiveness of all enchantments by taking the 1-5 perks at the bottom. Then you can specialize. If your preferred weapon enchantments are fire, for example, you can make fire enchantments even stronger. When you reach 100 is where the fun begins...at dual enchantments.

Now you can make your sword, upsmith it with your enchanted smithing gear and a couple of potions, and enchant it to do even more for you. Depending on your goals, you can make it burn and shock together, you can go fire and ice, increase damage and trap the soul, (my favorite) etc.,

When you loot, don't just sell everything, especially if you're not hurting for gold. Disenchant everything you can get your hands on. It should only let you learn each secret once, so if you already know an item's secrets it won't light up on the disenchant menu. When you kill random mages in dungeons, for example, disenchant their robes. Many have a dual feature already, which disenchants as a dual skill. (Destruction costs 25% less to cast and magicka recharges 12% faster) Now, you can put both skills into your armor, helmets, etc., as one of your enchantments and can still add a second. Boots can be made to both muffle and increase sneak, or resist both fire and shock, etc. (I conjure a lot of atronachs, so my armor is enchanted with a conjuration/magicka regeneration enchantment, learned from a mage robe, as well as a destruction enchantment. Three, for the price of two.)

The more you enchant, the better your enchanting will be, so don't be afraid to practice with it. Enchant things just to sell back to the mages. Enchanting will increase the value enough that you won't go in the hole, even if you don't make a profit. When you increase your perks, then make new alchemy and smithing gear. Just keep climbing the ladder.

Bad-People

I made a pair of gauntlets that have super strong Fortify-Alchemy and Fortify-Smithing. If I need a strong enchanment I just equip the gauntlets and make a fortify-enchanting potion which is now stronger because of the alchemy enchantment. I also have a set of boots with crazy high Fortify-Carry Weight and Muffle. Now I don't have to drop anything and even though Fortify-Sneak don't seem to work I can still sneak better.

So, focus on enchantment, but you can ignore Smithing and Alchemy if you want because if you pull off this exploit they can be Fortified to an insane level. Enchant can still be fortified with potions but the Extra Enchantment perk is what you want.

So it goes:

1:Make four pieces with fortify alchemy enchantments(Helmet, gauntlets, amulet, ring)

2:Equip them.

3:Make a Fortify-Restoration potion.

4: Drink the potion.

5:Un-equip all the Fortify-Alchemy equipment

6:Re-Equip all the Fortify-Alchemy equipment

7:Make new Fortify-Restoration Potion

8:Repeat steps 3-6.

When you to the point where your equipment fortifies Alchemy by 20000+ points each make a number of Fortify Enchant potions.

Then you you will use those potions to enchant super powerful equipment. The first thing should be another piece with a Fortify-Alchemy enchantment; that way it will be super-powerful and you won't have to repeat these steps again.

NeoTheOne

ok so i got my smithing to 100 and my enchanting to like 67 or something. I started making potions and i got the percentage up to like 130% then i went and made some more cause i figured it needed to be higher and it went back down to like 81%. what am I doing wrong in this sense.

Also I kindda dont care about going wild making armor and stuff (I wear mage robes almost constantly) Im just looking to make a really powerful bow that does like an instant kill, and possibly a sword that does the same.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts