PC Trouble With Saving AND Loading

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

znottaken

I am running a Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q705 with an Intel Centrino 2 @ 2Ghz. I just recently decided to get back into Skyrim, but the problem is that there seems to be a problem with every aspect of the game:'( When I try to load one of my previous saves they either crash after loading or they crash upon trying to save. I figured, screw it i'll just start over, but when I attempt to start a new game the menu buttons disappear and the Skyrim theme begins to play, but my cursor is still there and the game never starts. I have looked online all day for a solution and am starting to get pretty frustrated. I have even uninstalled and deleted my skyrimk and skyrim prefs from my saves save folder. What I have noticed thanks to somebody online is that when I attempt to save, a file shows up in saves as a .tmp file. I apologize if this is online somewhere already but i would appreciate a link or some help.

-Zack:)

Smarty

First disable any mods you may have, not only the esp files.
Backup your old saves, delete them from the Saves folder in my\ games/skyrim/Saves .
Go to steam library, right click skyrim, properties, local files, verify integrity of game cache.

I'm quite tired right now, more will probably come to mind later.

znottaken

Thank you very much! I had a couple of mods installed via nexus but i didn't know that i had to completely remove them. Your tired mind is very appreciated.

Smarty

You are most welcome :). If you need any further help, feel free to post.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts