Open Treasures of the Old World (A Fallout RP)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Jessica looked up and saw that everyone else was here. She was so excited to show Vex and Kenzi her new toy that she practically bounced over to them.

"Look Vex! Look Kenzi! I got a Pip-Boy!" She gushed.

Ricky had gone around behind a brahmin and sucked down a whole can of Jet to calm himself down. He wasn't at the point where he was a burned out junky. He only needed maybe one can a day. Two if things were really stressful. He didn't have a problem. Those doctors at the New Vegas Clinic could kiss his ass. The buzz hit him almost immediately and he felt like a big man again. Confidant enough to mingle with the new caravan crowd and maybe smooth talk some of the females.

"'Look Vex! Look Kenzi! I got a Pip-Boy!" Ricky mocked. Jessica stopped bouncing and gave him an offended "what's your problem?" look. "You're no the only one with a PIP-Boy...yes!...little girl! I had mine way before you got yours! I'm the original Pip-Boy wearer! So don't think you're something special!"

"Well...Ricky...I just..."

"Just wet your diaper because of the awesomness that is Ricky!? Don't feel bad, it happens to everybody! You know...uhh..."

"Jessica..." Jessica said quietly. This guy was all up in her face and it was very uncomfortable. Scary really.

"Jessica...I was totally about to guess that...I've got a special super power. I was in Dayglow one time and when I drank the water there I grew a third nut that glows in the dark. Maybe once we get on the trail I can drop trou for you and...heh...show you where babies come from."

"Uhhh...No, that's okay. And...uhh...I don't wear a diaper thank you very much." She desperately looked to Vex and Kenzi, begging one of them to throw her a line.

"Oh really? Well you look about eight so that must have happened recently! Good for you! Just don't have an accidents on the trail! I'm not gonna change you."

Jessica's cheeks turned red with embarrassment and she looked down at the ground, trying to tune this jerk out.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Mordecai watched with a proud smile as Jessica rushed over to the two NCR soldiers from last night. When his eyes reached them, he started feeling a bit upset. Not surprising. But now wasn't the time for that. He looked back the girl, who was running on about how cool the thing was.

She looked so excited about the thing, as if she had been waiting forever to get her hands on one. Mordecai knew how that felt, as he was like that at one point. The damn things are just too useful to pass up.

He saw Ricky finish one of the inhalers, and stormed off to where Jessica was. This wasn't going to go well.

"'Look Vex! Look Kenzi! I got a Pip-Boy!" The junky said, mimicking the girl. This really wasn't going to go well. "You're no the only one with a PIP-Boy...yes!...little girl! I had mine way before you got yours! I'm the original Pip-Boy wearer! So don't think you're something special!"

Mordecai took a step for them, but kept wary of the NCR watching the kid. Surely they were going to clean this punk up quick. Especially the girl. She was looking steamed.

Ricky kept going.

"Just wet your diaper because of the awesomeness that is Ricky!? Don't feel bad, it happens to everybody! You know...uhh..."

He stepped closer, getting ready to split this up. He would have knocked him on his ass in any other situation. But he was trying to keep a job here. But poor Jess didn't deserve this treatment.

"Jessica...I was totally about to guess that...I've got a special super power. I was in Dayglow one time and when I drank the water there I grew a third nut that glows in the dark. Maybe once we get on the trail I can drop trou for you and...heh...show you where babies come from."

Mordecai was stunned to silence. He stood there, staring at the back of the junky's balding head. Did he really just...and he said that to...

Something in him snapped. He could see himself going in slow motion, with no control of what he was about to do. He marched over to Ricky, ready to shut him up. He could see the NCR woman going for him too, but he wasn't about to let her take his opportunity.

He wasn't about to let the NCR take something else from him.

He grabbed Ricky by the shoulder and spun him around, and all he could get out was, "Let go, Ass-"

Mordecai's rough fist connected with the Junky's jaw, and he could feel the bone dislocate as he followed through.

Ricky hit the ground hard, and Mordecai planted his boot on Ricky's chest, holding him still as he spoke. Ricky continued to squirm.

"Listen here, you little bastard. You will not treat her that way. She don't deserve that." He stated, driving his boot deeper into Ricky's chest, making him shout. He continued. "If you go anywhere near her, even look at her, again, and I will drive the toe of this boot through your thick skull. After I make you the most miserable sumbitch in existence. You hear me?"

Ricky tried to pry the boot off of him, and Mord pressed harder. "Do. You. Hear. Me?"

"YES!"

Mord lifted his boot and pointed off in the other direction. "Get over there. Remember what I said. Even look at her, and I will crush that radioactive nut you got with my boot. And another thing. I'm keeping the pip-boy. I was planning on giving it back to ya, but you have proven it's better off with me. Especially when I end up tossing you into a canyon. Now get."

Ricky took off and Mordecai looked to Jess. "You alright?"

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Daryl was slightly offended when Jessica ignored him, but it only showed in his eyes for a few moments. She just went straight off to Vex and Kenzi, telling them about her pipboy. He didn't really know how to react so he turned and walked away, to his brother Merle. Merle had been watching, to see if his brother would mess up or just to see how it'd go, it wasn't often Daryl went out on his own to talk to someone.

"Hey." Daryl said simply, Merle was still holding his guns. "Hey there lil brother." Merle said back, a slight change in the common insults. "Don't really know what to say to any of these people." Daryl said, his new attitude being just formed. "Yeah well a jealous man is weak so think before you speak." The older brother said back, trying to keep Daryl from embarrassing himself or appearing like a weak link. "Where'd ya get that from?" Daryl asked.

"No where, I made it up."

"Bullpl*ps. But thanks Merle, we'll talk later." And with that Daryl turned to see Ricky harassing Jess, and Mordecai dealing with it. Although she made him feel like a social outcast, he didn't like seeing Jessica this way. It made his blood boil. Who was Ricky to do this?

When Jessica was distracted with Mordecai, Daryl approached Ricky. "Man what chu want?" Ricky asked as Daryl approached, and was a little surprised when Daryl grabbed the man shirt collar with one hand. Daryl walked forwards slightly, and slowly lifted his hand. Ricky was now forced to be on his toes. Daryl leaned in slightly closer. "You treat that little girl like plops again, say one bad thing to her... And I will beat your ass into the ground." Saying 'beat' in a darker and more intimidating way than the rest of what he said. Daryl then pushed the man back a little, and walked away. He had hoped Jessica hadn't seen it, as she would probably see the help as majorly unwanted. She had Mordecai, Vex and Kenzi. Hell, she'd even prefer Merle. But Daryl did what he felt was needed.

But now, Daryl had given up on trying to make friends. He just couldn't wait till the trip got underway.

Andrea watched, not fully understanding what Daryl and Merle were talking about. So she went to collect her things, and to her surprise one of her crossed off items were there. She kept quiet, inspecting what she had.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    "Yeah." Jessica sniffled. "I'm fine. Hey, I think I left my pride in my other suit. You mind if I go back for it?" Ricky's words were mean and hurtful and Jessica wanted to cry but she was trying with all her might to be tough. She didn't want to be seen as a burden to this expedition, she wanted to be useful. She angrily wiped a tear from her face and blinked to hold back the others. "Good god I'm such a pussy. Crying 'cause I was teased, what the fluff?" She whispered to herself.

Stella tried to intervene and hug Jessica but Jed put a hand to her shoulder. The experienced caravan boss had led enough trips to know that there were always folks that didn't get along an every expedition had at least one. The best way to maintain the group was to give everybody time to get to know each other before the trip started. That way relationships could be understood, boundaries established. They were all stuck with each other until this was over with and if they didn't learn to at least live with each other then they could all get killed. Jed saw that this trip would be good for Ricky and Jessica. The former would build some character and learn to behave and the latter would toughen up quite a bit. He'd see that Ricky wouldn't make too much trouble and there were all kinds of dirty jobs Jed could come up with if he did. Or the folks that just came to Jess' rescue could rough 'em up a bit. Either way would work.

TheCaptain

The Mad Conductor of Words
    after getting off the train John asked for direction of the ruins and was pointed to them after saying 'thanks' he wandered over and went though the door, Jed saw him enter instantly and walked up "Howdy there! you don't look like anybody on the list so I'm guessing you want to sign up right now hm?" Jed said observing John's posture and gear "yes sir I need the caps" he said Jed smiled "sir? hahaha! please call me jed, now then what can you offer me?" he asked staring at John "well for one thing I'm an extra gun you might need one if that guy in vault suit is coming with us, he couldn't shoot a mole rat if it stare him right in the face but anyway give me a semi automatic or just a automatic gun and I'd be able to shoot a guy dead at 50 yards minus energy weapons, can't do energy weapons" John said boasting just a little.

"what about Sidearms?" Jed asked John grinned as he pulled back the part of the coat that went passed my waist and revealed two custom and beautiful made 1873 Colt Revolvers, one was black and the other was white the belt itself was black but looked it was burned badly but not enough to turn it to ashes he then tucked the coat behind the Revolvers "these were my father's though I never met him myself apparently he was a good man from my mother said but anyway these holds 9 bullets each, just point me at what gets threw at us on this trip and whatever it is shall die when I skin these smoke wagons" he said while he did a few fancy tricks before quickly putting them back in the hostlers

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    "Look Vex! Look Kenzi! I got a Pip-Boy!" After putting Kenzi on the caravan, he looked towards Jessica and smiled, "I see that. You will master that in no time! Kenzi is a little, worn out. You can talk to her once she wakes up." He gave a yawn then looked up at Jed, " Are we expecting a lot of trouble? How long will it take us to get there, and where is our equipment orders?"

"Look Vex! Look Kenzi! I got a Pip-Boy!" The obvious Junkie was giving Jessica a hard time by mocking her. Kenz will love to talk with him. Looks like he's not making any friends. The whole caravan will start taking turns beating on him if he isn't careful.

He looked over to the boy to catch Mordecai beat on him for a bit, then Daryl threatened him shortly after. "I'll save mine if he get's worse. I'm sure he doesn't need another beating." He said to Jed while he made sure Kenzi was secured and locked her gun to make sure it didn't get caught on her finger and go off. After he made sure Kenzi was comfortable and safe,and got done talking to Jed, he walked over to Jessica and put his arm around her, "Come on kiddo. You can ride with us. Kenzi will love to see you and what you can do with your pip-boy. I bet a lot more than some pathetic junkie."

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    "Come on kiddo. You can ride with us. Kenzi will love to see you and what you can do with your pip-boy. I bet a lot more than some pathetic junkie." Vex said to Jessica. She smiled and nodded her head gratefully. She wondered why he had intervened so late but she didn't really care. Half the men in this group had literally lined up to defend her, that made any girl feel good. "Thanks Vex, I really appreciate that." She leaned in closer to him and lowered her voice to a whisper. "Tell the other guys to ease up on Ricky. Notice how he's perfectly relaxed now when five minutes ago he couldn't stand still? Jet withdrawal. He'll be good for three, maybe four hours before he starts craving another can. His open hostility and yelling is also indicative of a Psycho addiction. He'll feel okay for a couple of days on one hit once it's gone he'll get progressively nastier. I really don't think he should be on the trip. Not without a stockpile of drugs to keep him quiet."

"All right everybody! Gather round!" Jed shouted. "We're all here now and there's a few things we need to go over before we hit the road." He and Stella rounded everybody into a circle, including the newcomer John. "First off we need to talk about Ricky. No he hasn't made a good first impression and it was good of Mordecai here to put 'em in his place but that was enough. Daryl, you and Vex didn't need to heap it on. Ricky got the message. We're gonna be on the road for at least two weeks and we're gonna spend every minute of it together. If y'all insist on fightin' this is gonna be a long trip. I've been known to "accidentally" leave folks who don't cooperate at the nearest town. Do not make me come to that. Ricky, watch your mouth, hands and ding dong or your ass is the first we leave behind. You understand me son?"

"Yeah. Uh-huh. I got it Jed." Ricky said, humbled by the last few minutes.

"You got what?"

"Be less of a dick or my ass is gonna get left behind. I'll cool it allright? I mean, I'm totally badass but I'm not stupid. I stay with you guys and It's easier for me to kick ass. Maybe you'll learn a thing or two when I become a fluffing storm of death!"

Jed gave a frustrated sigh. Jessica did an outright facepalm. "Son, you've got a lot to learn about people. You need to go on this trip just for that." He gave Vex, Daryl and Mordecai a hard look. "Now as for the three of you, defending Jessica's one thing. Beatin' up another member of the expedition to where he becomes a liability is another. You beat up Ricky you see to it that he can walk. If we get to a town and he can't go on because of your ass whoopin, you get to stay and make sure he's better. If we leave before that happens then too bad so sad. Understand?"

"I think they all get it Jed." Stella interjected, being quiet until now. "I shot guys like Ricky on my way to real problems back when I was a sheriff. He'll behave."

"Fair enough. Now, these four beauties over here are gonna be our work brahmin for the trip. They're members of this expedition just like all of you. Everybody's gonna take turns taking care of them. Anybody who doesn't volunteer gets volunteered for an unspecified amount of time. Up front here closest to me is Bessie. She's our water brahmin. She's loaded down with a three week supply for a two week trip so drink drink drink! Behind her's Jacob. He's our food Brahmin. He's got plenty of brahmin jerky, grilled mantis, and all kinds of pre-war snacks. In fact, that's what we've got the most of. Easiest to pack even if they don't taste so good. Visit these two often. Behind Jacob's Jenny. She's got ammo and spare parts. All kinds of tech and gizmos in her packs. All of it's useful. Finally there's Bill. He's got your orders. Root through him to find everything you asked Burke for. Once you've done that, we're gonna hook two of them each to those two wagons over there. Six folks to a wagon. Four in back, one driver. That's me for one, Stella for the other, and one on lookout duty. Everybody rotates for lookout duty. That's all for now. Go ahead and get your gear, then arrange yourselves into the wagons. Stella and I'll get the brahmin ready. Two volunteers would be much appreciated."

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    "Oh for fl*ffs sake." Daryl said a little too loudly as his name was called out. He was really regretting this now, he felt uncomfortable. He tried seeing himself as only muscle for a dangerous mission, but really he felt like a jagged piece to a perfect puzzle. He didn't fit in.

Andrea noticed the gas mask she had asked for, but crossed out, turned out putting a line through it didn't cancel it. After writing it down she figured she wouldn't need it but apparently Burke thought she might. She put on the bulletproof vest she had been issued and stocked up on her ammo for her .45. "I'll volunteer, just tell me what to do?" She said as she stepped toward Jed.

Merle approached Ricky, he seemed a little worried as Merle's hulking figure approached. "Hey kid, you need a fix? I got what ya need." Merle offered, "I got psycho, jet and all sorts of drugs. Buffout you name it, for a price. Now that price don't need to be caps but that's the easiest way." Mere lowered his voice, "You could pay me in information I deem worthy. Like a little dirt on these people, but caps is always an option." Merle gave a sadistic smile, hoping he had just earned a new lapdog and toy to use.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    "Thanks a bunch Andrea. You and I are gonna hook up Bessie and Jacob to the first wagon over there. We'll need to unload their packs and put 'em in the wagons first. You start with that and I'll saddle 'em up. Stella's gonna do the second wagon with Bill and Jenny. Who wants to help? How 'bout you John? You're lookin' like you wanna get movin'."

Jessica thought it was strange for this John guy to just wander in and join up. Especially since they were all specifically recruited for this job. "If you don't mind me asking Jed, did Mr. Burke recruit John with you? It seems odd for us to just pick up a newcomer when we already have so many people. No offense to you of course John, It just seems strange."

"Nope. I met John here as of five minutes ago, same as you. No worries though Jessica. It ain't unusual for folks to show up at a caravan meeting and join on the spot. Happened all the time when I lead Happy Trails expeditions into Zion. In fact, it's unusual for so many folks that ain't associated with a caravan company to be drafted like this. Burke seems to know what he's doin' though and he's got the caps to back it up. We'll all get plenty of time to know John and each other on this trip. In the meantime, get your gear, find a wagon, get comfy and let's get rollin'."

"Yes sir. And welcome to the Caravan John. I'm Jessica in case you didn't know. The others can introduce themselves as you meet them. Most are nice folks."

Jessica went over to Bill to get the rest of her equipment. As they were talking Ricky was very intrigued by Merle's offer. He had some chems on him but not enough for the whole trip. He needed them to function and he'd be willing to work with Merle to get his fix.

"Heh, don't worry pops. I've got caps and info for you. That Nordecai guy took my Pitt...uh...Pip Boy but I scored some mad jet in return. I could use some psycho though. I've only got a couple hits left. I've got some good plops to tell, really good 'cause I'm a master infiltrator with my Vault 2-2 suit here, but we'll save that for later. When I wanna make a big purchase. It's really fluffin' valuable info. Right now, two hits psycho. Say uhhh...10 caps each."

TheCaptain

"Thanks a bunch Andrea. You and I are gonna hook up Bessie and Jacob to the first wagon over there. We'll need to unload their packs and put 'em in the wagons first. You start with that and I'll saddle 'em up. Stella's gonna do the second wagon with Bill and Jenny. Who wants to help? How 'bout you John? You're lookin' like you wanna get movin'." John turned to Jed as he suggested John help Stella hook up the wagon "Yeah sure happy to help" he said walking over to *Jenny* and started hooking up him to the wagon.

there was a little chatter about him between Jed and a girl named Jessica about his being here "If you don't mind me asking Jed, did Mr. Burke recruit John with you? It seems odd for us to just pick up a newcomer when we already have so many people. No offense to you of course John, It just seems strange." Jessica said quickly turning to me "none taken it's understandable" he replied back.

after that was over and John had hooked Jenny to the wagon Jessica walked over and introduced herself "welcome to the Caravan John. I'm Jessica in case you didn't know. The others can introduce themselves as you meet them. Most are nice folks." I turn to her"well thank you miss, I'm grateful for the hospitality Jessica" he said before she walked off and he sat on a big crate of ammo and pulls a cigarette out of his pocket and lighting it in his mouth, letting a breath of smoke out

Wolfbane

She had finally awoken to find that she was on a wagon, and surrounded by familiar faces. She grabbed her neck, and reached for her glasses in her left thigh pocket in her combat pants.

"Ow, my head. This the caravan?" Vex turned to see that she was up and about, taking in her surroundings.

"Yep. You were out for awhile. Jessica really wants to see you."
    "I'll have to find her then." She hopped out of the cart, stumbling until she got her balance right and found Jessica fishing her equipment out of the sack on the equipment Brahmin, Jenny. Her boots crunched the on the sand that was exposed through the cracked pavement of the old road that had been there.

"Hey there, Kiddo! Sorry I didn't say hi earlier, I had a bit too much to drink. Vexie had to carry me to the trolley. " She wrapped one arm around Jess and waited until she was finished.

Scanning the blue filled horizon, he took note of the surroundings, then looked upwards to Jed, who had his hand over his eyes, looking forward towards the road ahead of them, "Expecting any trouble? It seems quiet enough, but that can change right quick. I guess it would be good to know so Kenzi and I can get our rifles out and ready."

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Jed looked out over at the crumbling San Francisco skyline. There was all kinds of trouble out in those ruins and once they left the outpost there'd be no nice big concrete wall to protect them. Any moment you could be cornered by raiders, crazy robots, feral ghouls, even pests like rats and radroaches were a problem. They tended to follow travelers and caravans to try and get to the food they had. That trail of rats and roaches attracted wild animals, radscorpions and sometimes half-ghouls. Folks that had their brains rotted from radiation or toxic food and water and went downright feral. They'd eat and kill whatever was alive, including the above mentioned pests and sometimes even other humans. Those always gave Jed the willies and that twisted, gone look they had was something he never got used to. Stella felt sorry for them but Jed was just happy to know they died when you shot 'em.

"Expecting any trouble? It seems quiet enough, but that can change right quick. I guess it would be good to know so Kenzi and I can get our rifles out and ready."

"Always some sorta trouble out there." Jed answered Vex. "Trick is to find it before it finds you. We're stayin' on a pretty well traveled route for the first leg of our journey but the NCR doesn't patrol out for more than a mile or so beyond the outpost. We're on our own until we pass through the Brotherhood's territory and they're...not the friendliest folks around. I'm worried that you and Kenzi might raise a red flag, even with Jessica with us. You sure she's up for this trip? She's awful young and she seems a bit wobbly on her own two feet if you know what I mean."

"Hey there, Kiddo! Sorry I didn't say hi earlier, I had a bit too much to drink. Vexie had to carry me to the trolley." Kenzi said to Jessica as she climbed into the wagon with her, Vex and Jed. Mordecai had taken the fourth spot and everyone else had loaded up in the rear wagon with Stella driving and Andrea providing lookout. Vex was on lookout for his wagon.

"Hey Kenzi!" Jess said cheerfully, wrapping her own arm around Kenzi's side and snuggling into her a bit. "Yeah, you do look like you had too much to drink. I've seen plenty of that with the Followers! Did Vex really CARRY you all the way to the trolley? Wow! With me that wouldn't be a big deal, I could fit into a can of Pork n' Beans. You're taller and more...ample than me. How did Vex get so strong? Which outfit are you guys by the way?"

Wolfbane

"Always some sorta trouble out there." Jed answered Vex. "Trick is to find it before it finds you. We're stayin' on a pretty well traveled route for the first leg of our journey but the NCR doesn't patrol out for more than a mile or so beyond the outpost. We're on our own until we pass through the Brotherhood's territory and they're...not the friendliest folks around. I'm worried that you and Kenzi might raise a red flag, even with Jessica with us. You sure she's up for this trip? She's awful young and she seems a bit wobbly on her own two feet if you know what I mean."

Both men gazed upon the broken skyline that resembles a scrape and graveyard more than a city skyline. Vex pulled out his six shooter and began inspecting it.

"Kenz and I can change out of our NCR gear if need be, and Jessica could say we're just mercenaries guarding her as she traveled. Jessica is a tough girl who is capable of more than she knows. She has two of the best shots in the NCR rangers at her back who will take care of her as if she was our child. Jess is innocent, sure, but after a day or two, or even a week, she'll realize how harsh it is, and smarten up by her way or us telling her." He pulled out a rag out of his pocket and cleaned the cylinder.

"Hey Kenzi!" Jess said with a cheerful smile, wrapping her own arm around Kenzi's side and cuddling into it. "Yeah, you do look like you had too much to drink. I've seen plenty of that with the Followers! Did Vex really CARRY you all the way to the trolley? Wow! With me that wouldn't be a big deal, I could fit into a can of Pork n' Beans. You're taller and more...ample than me. How did Vex get so strong? Which outfit are you guys by the way?"

"He carried me all that way. Work in the NCR, and picking up simple jobs back in our hometown really helped with his already naturally high strength threshold. A girl's gotta love a tall, strong, rugged man like him, right Jess?" She gave a laugh as she raised her eyebrow once she looked down at her young friend, "I can tell that you're going to look like me once you hit my current age. Don't sweet about it, hun. We're Rangers, We shoot true and only miss if we deem it so." She turned to show Jessica the kill tallies tattooed on her arm. The day was hot, so neither Kenzi or Vex wore their coats. She had her black boots, black combat pants, and a white tank top on instead of her usual outfit while Vex had a white t shirt with his boots and combat pants of the same color.

"A soldier also get's stronger due to his team mates, and dragging them out of hell."

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Jessica felt better when Kenzi told her she'd "fill out" with age. She was looking forward to that. Being a little more ample in the chest area would give her some more confidence and that would make her happier, and more popular. She wasn't surprised that Vex and Kenzi were rangers: Vex looked the type and even though she had Kenzi pegged as 1st Recon the rangers weren't far off. The long range prowess that came with being a ranger was obvious but they were also quiet, tough as a radscorpion and deadly with anything that could kill, from kitchen knives to C4 explosives to assault rifles. Their armor, whether patrol armor or the elite black armor, was a symbol of status and commanded respect, awe and a healthy amount of fear. The were the best the NCR had to offer and, barring the Brotherhood's own Paladins, the best troops Jessica had ever seen. She would be very safe with these two.

The trip through the Old Frisco ruins was surprisingly uneventful. There was a skittering radroach here and there and everyone was on alert when the carts squeezed in between buildings but nothing came for them. As Jed said, this was a well-traveled route and they passed several traders and travelers along the way. Most minded their own business but that didn't stop Ricky from trying to heckle anyone with breasts. Even the ghouls.

By the time noon rolled around the caravan was clear of the ruins and onto the open road. The cracked and broken highway baked under the noonday sun and the desert on either side was illuminated by the cloudless day. Other than the occasional patch of scrubland or old car wreck there wasn't much to see. Jessica had fallen asleep next to Kenzi and as they were the only two on their side of the wagon she had been able to lay down. She had also inadvertently turned Kenzi's lap into a pillow. Jessica's hood had come undone and exposed her head and long ginger hair. Kenzi idly stroked it and smiled down at her young charge as they rolled on. Mordecai was bored and thirsty but none of them were allowed to drink booze until nightfall when they stopped. Jed was humming softly while driving the Brahmin and Vex was vigilant on his lookout. Suddenly, in the distance, an old Pre-War toll booth came into view. It was still intact and the toll arm was in the lowered position. Those with keen eyes were able to see three NCR troopers. Two were moving a body in a merc adventurer outfit and one was tugging his boots on. A fourth was sitting in a chair in front of a small sheet metal shack drinking something.

"Look alive everybody!" Jed hollered to his wagon. "Toll booth commin' up. It'll be about 10 caps a wagon and there's about six of 'em betwen here and Santa Clara, our first big stop. I've got this first one but ya'll are gonna need to pitch in for the others."

Jessica was still blissfully asleep and didn't hear Jed's announcement. Stella heard over in the next wagon and passed the word along.

"Everybody got that? Jed and I got this first toll booth but there's more on the way. You're all part of this crew so you'll need to pitch in."

"Aw, hell no. You're not gettin' any of my caps." Ricky retorted.

"Or we can have Ricky pay for all of 'em for both wagons. How's that sound smartass?"

"Fine, jesus bitch I'll help." As the wagons pulled up to the toll booth several more bodies appeared along the side of the road. Ten in all, half of them in a pile against the toll house. Six of them were wearing NCRCF uniforms: the uniforms of the Powder Gangers. One African-American trooper armed with a service rifle and wearing a goggles helmet stopped the wagons. Two other troops flanked the soldier, each also with service rifles and one with a standard helmet and the other with a face mask and helmet. A fourth was in the toll house manning a mounted light machine gun. "Afternoon citizens." The first troopers said, looking up at Jed and Vex. "This is one of five NCR outposts between here and Santa Clara to keep the roads safe. The Powder Gangers have been causing trouble, as you can see here, but I assure you we're keeping the roads perfectly safe. Now, for only 100 caps per wagon you can continue on your way."

TheCaptain

(OOC: before we started moving the wagons sorry just posted it now)

John finishing his first smoke since he got here throwing it before stamping on it and puts it out while he listens in on Jed and Vex talking who were just off to the left of him "Trick is to find it before it finds you. We're stayin' on a pretty well traveled route for the first leg of our journey but the NCR doesn't patrol out for more than a mile or so beyond the outpost. We're on our own until we pass through the Brotherhood's territory and they're...not the friendliest folks around. I'm worried that you and Kenzi might raise a red flag, even with Jessica with us. You sure she's up for this trip? She's awful young and she seems a bit wobbly on her own two feet if you know what I mean." John pulls out another cigarette from the pack "I personally don't think The Brotherhood will bother us unless...." he said lighting the cigarette exhaled a breath of smoke before continuing "there's a giant Tesla Cannon in this ammo or weapon box I'm sat on, It's doubtful that they'll try to take Stella's laser rifle they seem to have lost interested in them maybe they developed better morales and ain't killing every person with a laser Rifle or a pistol, that or they have stockpile so large they can't take any weapons, both are kinda scary to the right people, Ricky's Pipboy on the other hand that's another story that's stuff is Vault-tec and it's nearly priceless out here" He said inhaling and exhaling a breath of smoke again

(After we started moving) "Look alive everybody!" Jed hollered to his wagon. "Toll booth commin' up. It'll be about 10 caps a wagon and there's about six of 'em between here and Santa Clara, our first big stop. I've got this first one but ya'll are gonna need to pitch in for the others." John who was driving the ammo Wagon Stopped and pulled out a small bag of 10 caps "hey Jed catch!" I said as I underarm threw the bag at Jed "that's my payment for this wagon" I said as I pat the sit I'm on and Jed caught the bag.

after the NCR troopers introduced themselves one of them stepped front "Afternoon citizens." The first trooper said, looking up at Jed and Vex. "This is one of five NCR outposts between here and Santa Clara to keep the roads safe. The Powder Gangers have been causing trouble, as you can see here, but I assure you we're keeping the roads perfectly safe. Now, for only 100 caps per wagon you can continue on your way." John's eyes widened with confusion "100 CAPS!? you said it was 10 Caps each?" I directed at Jed

Wolfbane

"Look alive everybody!" Jed hollered to his wagon. "Toll booth commin' up. It'll be about 10 caps a wagon and there's about six of 'em betwen here and Santa Clara, our first big stop. I've got this first one but ya'll are gonna need to pitch in for the others." Jed extended a finger pointing out the sand colored clothed Soldiers that were at the long destroyed toll booth with it's jagged red and white hand that stopped the phantom cars of long gone.

"Don't worry about the toll. I have this one." Most days Vex wouldn't do this, but this caravan met well, there was good people, and he decided to quietly challenge his blonde hair friend; Who can get them out of a full paid toll? Kenzi herself knew what he was doing, and she gladly accepted.

"Afternoon citizens." The first troopers said, looking up at Jed and Vex. "This is one of five NCR outposts between here and Santa Clara to keep the roads safe. The Powder Gangers have been causing trouble, as you can see here, but I assure you we're keeping the roads perfectly safe. Now, for only 100 caps per wagon you can continue on your way."

His feet landed on the ground, making mini dust clouds around his boots. The soldier gripped his weapon, and stepped back. "Sir, take a step back."

"May I speak to the commanding officer?"
    "You may take a step back, sir."
    "As you wish" He took a step back, then continued his point."May I speak with your commanding officer?"
    "Civilians are not authorized."
    "What makes you think we're civilians? May I approach? I'll even unarm myself." He dropped his pistols to the side and then the soldier nodded. The next words were at a whisper.

"What would your commanding officer say if he finds out that you stopped NCR rangers for a petty fine?" He motioned to Kenzi with his thumb, then looked back at the foot soldier.
    "You can't expect me to believe a girl like her and you, are rangers?"
    "I'll brush that comment under the rug. Contact your commanding officer; Callsign Vex and Harvey." He stood back and watched the soldier go inside for a few minutes, then come out with a look of a scolded child,
    "You may proceed."
    "Looks like a girl like her and myself are what we say we are. Good day."
    With a smile, he holstered his 45., and spun the six shooter up to his head, then quickly slid it in his leather shoulder holster.

The Brahmin powered wagons crossed the toll and into the tollfree wasteland. "Why thank you Vex. That saved us caps that can now be used for something of use." Jed said as the bridle strap lightly waved, moving the Brahmin forward and onto the next location.

"There will be some we can't talk out of, but rather half the toll, if we're lucky. It's usually standard procedure to ask for callsigns when asked for the officer. Must of been a recruit to not ask for callsigns, or at least gather to ask by the look of at least kenzi."

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    As the wagon began to move, Mordecai got to work on the pip-boy he had procured. He dug around in the back and searched for some essential pieces, such as wiring, and some pliers to to remove some of the older, rusted wires from their seemingly permanent home.

As he continued to work, and as the journey continued out of the ruins, Mordecai's unbreakable attention waned, and he felt that wanting pain of the back of his throat.

Lord on high, was he thirsty. Whether is was for water or something harder, Mord wasn't sure. He just knew he needed something.

He was about to ask for some water when Jed's voice rose above the sound of the wagons clunking along.

"Look alive everybody!" Jed hollered to his wagon. "Toll booth commin' up. It'll be about 10 caps a wagon and there's about six of 'em between here and Santa Clara, our first big stop. I've got this first one but ya'll are gonna need to pitch in for the others."

Mord's eyes turned to the booth, then back down to the pip-boy when he heard that Jed and the girl Stella were taking care of it. His intense focus returned, and he went back to work on the nasty insides of the pip-boy.

However, his ears did catch on a word or two. Something about...

Rangers?

He saw the NCR boy Vex talking to the toll-booth officer, and saw the look of shame on the officer's face. The lookof scorned respect that he had seen a few times in the brotherhood.

So this Vex and Kenzi were not only NCR, but rangers?

Mordecai's eyes glanced hard at the pair of them, and then his eyes lowered again to the pip-boy, this time, forcibly.

Sure wish a ranger bastard was there those years ago. Would have saved a lot of lives. But it looks like they were all too busy getting discounts at toll-booths.

He tugged at a wire and it shocked him. He winced and shook out his hand, only adding to his frustration. His memories started to haunt him again, and he desperately needed some whiskey or SOMETHING.

He turned from the pip-boy and called out, some of his frustration venting with his plea. "Can a man get a drink around here!?" He felt some sort of shame come over him , and he added this: "Sorry. I'm just dehydrated."

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    The wagons rolled past the toll booth and continued on their way. Jessica started to stir in Kenzi's lap when she heard Mordecai complain about getting a drink around here, then apologize as he was dehydrated. She slowly woke up and found that she was on her side. The back of her head was between Kenzi's lap and stomach and she was looking up at Mordecai from across the wagon. She was pleasantly surprised that she was stretched out on her and Kenzi's bench, not realizing how long it was until now. The day was warm and she felt some light sweat under her recon armor, specifically around her armpits, thighs and midsection.

"Mmmmmhh." She gently moaned as she rolled over on her back and looked sleepily up at Kenzi. "Hey there." She mumbled. "What time is it?"

Jed meanwhile had remembered he had moved some of Bessie's water over to this wagon and had forgotten to say where it was. He had his own canteen out of habit but it had been a couple of hours now and they were all probably thirsty. "Water's in the bag at the front of the wagon Mordecai. Right under Jessica's feet. Can't let yourself get dehydrated out here in the desert. Also, if ya'll are gettin' hungry there's a big bag of jerky and pre-war snacks in the bag next to the water. 'Fraid we can't stop for lunch so you'll need to munch on somethin' while we're movin'."

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    "10 caps each? Its easily worth double that." Merle said defensively, but his demeanor changed. "But for you I'm willing to make the exception." Merle supplied the man with the drugs, and thus Merle had found a way to make a friend.

Andrea helped prepare the brahmin, and the trip got underway. The ride wasn't too uncomfortable, and Daryl & Andrea had never been in a caravan like this before. It was better than walking, that was certain. Andrea was sitting by Stella, with 3 men in the back. Andrea wasn't worried, everything seemed so professional. These seemed like good people, so maybe Burke wasn't breaking the law. Maybe he was just a creep.

Merle was relaxing, being silent. The wagon stopped and Jed called out informing what was going on, then they stopped at the toll booth. The 10 cap toll was 100 and both Daryl and Andrea suspected the booth had been taken over by bandits, Andrea thinking the NCR would not rip caravaners off like that. Daryl grabbed his crossbow, and was ready to lift it and fire. But Vex handled it. Merle was seemingly oblivious to the whole thing, not caring at all. When they began moving again Daryl relaxed. Merle finally got out of his relaxing and laid back mood, and moved on to being a little pl*ps. "Hey Daryl," Merle said, "Remember when that psycho addict bitch humped and dumped ya, before stealin' all ya pl*ps?"

"Merle.." Daryl said, "Shut up." Daryl just wanted some peace and quiet. Who knows how long its going to last before things get crazy, Daryl knew it was inevitable as anything Merle got him into ended up in a disaster. "Aw cmon Darlina, it was funny!" Merle said, a fiendish smirk dancing across his lips. "Don't wanna talk about it." Daryl said, looking at the floor. Merle and Daryl sat side by side, Daryl having Andrea in the front to his right and Merle to his left. John was opposite them. Andrea, was smirking, and let out a little giggle as Daryl was reluctant to talk about it. Daryl noticed he was being laughed at.

"Hell you laughin' at?" Daryl snapped at her, looking at her angrily. She was facing forward, so he was really just looking at the back of her head. "Woah ease up hillbilly." Andrea said, turning in her seat to face him. "Hell you call me?" Daryl asked, angrily. Andrea smiled, seeing how easily he was aggravated. "You smell Daryl." She said crinkling her nose and facing the front again. Daryl took in a deep breath. "Awww Daryl!" Merle said sounding like Daryl has just missed out on something, "You could have hooked in had ya been a lil more suave! Now how are you spose to get your hose wet?" Merle said. Andrea winced slightly at the crudeness of it, but figured it was just a ploy to get his brother angry. Which she liked.

Daryl didn't like getting ganged up on, and he didn't like how Merle had referenced a junkie Daryl had slept with and was now insinuating that he would sleep with this girl. She was attractive, but that isn't all Daryl wanted. "I'm not gonna waste my time on some dumb slut who doesn't know when to shut up." Daryl said harshly, very pissed off. He was beginning to sweat, a mixture of the suns heat and Daryl's anger. "Ha ha heeey," Andrea said, "Ease up." Andrea said, turning her head to him for a second. "Yeah, who lit the fuse on your tampon?" Merle asked, Daryl ignored.

Andrea looked toward Stella. "So whats your story?" Andrea asked, looking toward Stella for a second before sitting up straight. As her back left the small back panel she felt the sweat make her tank top stick to her shirt. "And when do we set up camp?" She asked, unsure if that's how it worked but wanting answers. They had to stop sometime to rest right?

Wolfbane

"Mmmmmhh." A soft moan came from between her lap and her stomach, making her head softly look down, her hair messed from scratching it. "Hey there." Jessica let a yawn out before quietly mumbling. "What time is it?"

"Hey there kiddo. You were out pretty cold. Hope you slept well! It's around one, I reckon? Oh and you still have to show me your pip boy!" She cutely smiled as she tapped the mass of electronics on Jessica's slender arm. As she looked around, the sun hit every desperate crack and crevice, making the heat of the sun that much worse. Most of the group were stained with sweat, and sleeping, or complaining and snapping at each other. 'I suppose I should use one of Joe's long sleeves. I really don't need a sunburn or sun damage. Plus I really don't want n ugly tan. As comfortable and cool as a tank and pants are, long sleeves are an essential.'

"I'll be back hun. I need a longer shirt, like Vexie." She pushed off her knee and got off the wagon. The gravel crunched beneath her boots like a pile of eggshells, letting the people in front of her know that there was a person heading their way. The sound always reminded her of the dirt roads and farms of their small town. Seems like a time of make believe. It was real however, and far behind the two. 'This trip makes me as nervous as rookie on his first post. Maybe I should get my rifle?' She rested her soft hand on her pistol, hips slightly swaying with each quick step.

"Hey Vex, can you throw me my long shirt? Some of us don't have one, and you know that the sun can do a number on your skin." She waved her index finger and pointed to his red and white striped flannel wit her usual smile. The zipper on the green duffle bag came undone with a quick tug; Two bandannas, baseball caps, a dirty rag for cleaning their weapons and sweat, and the aforementioned shirt from their high school. The shirt had long blue sleeves, a white body, and a green outlined raccoon, their school mascot. Once she felt the cotton in-between her fingers, she began walking back to Jessica while waving two fingers as if tipping an invisible hat upwards.

"Guess I know from working, huh?" He smiled back while scanning the area."

"There we go! Should stop me getting a sunburn and safe from bugs. Did you know it keeps you cooler? Funny how interesting the small things seem now." The shirt found it's way up and over her decent bust, and stopping at her hips. "Is this trip making you nervous, or is it just me?"