OOC Treasures of the Old World (A Fallout RP)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    I'll have my CC up by tomorrow.

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    Name: Joseph "Vex" Keller
    Birthplace: Small town in Oregon. Close to the California border.
    S.P.E.C.I.A.L:

Strength:8
    Perception:7
    Endurance:6
    Charisma:6
    Intelligence:10
    Agility:6
    Luck:8

Appearance: Medium black hair, well-kept beard, scar on the left side of his cheek( Pretty much what he looks like in my profile pic) 6'4, 210lbs

Clothing: On hot days he wears a white T-shirt or a black, white or gray tank top with his dark blue jeans or his black jeans. He also wears his black combat pants. Other times he wears his long black duster from when he was a NCR ranger. he also has shoulder holsters for his pistols, back holster, and a knife slot on his boot. He wears black steel toe combat boots. The duster has the armor as well. Although he rarely uses it unless he is really needs it or is in a combat situation. He also has a necklace, which is a 4 and 4 domino, from his best friend Kenzi. Lastly, he wears his dog tags with pride.

Weapons: His first pistol is a classic 45. Dark brown grip, with a solid black body. His second pistol he rarely uses is a old world .36 six shooter. An antique passed down from his family.( colt navy) He also has an assault rifle for long range.

Misc Gear: Combat knife in his boot, several different types of rounds for his guns, a music player along with a charger, baseball cap for the sun, bandanna, and a black circle brimmed cowboy hat that goes well with his coat, fingerless gloves( which he wears often) sunglasses, rebreather for underwater or toxic underwater. Off of the battle field, he usually wears the stuff he wears during hot days.

Personality: He is very quiet around strangers, but he always listens, and pays attention to his surroundings. People aren't his favorite, often liking the company of dogs, his best friend, his family, and the soldiers he fights with. The words "good" and "evil" are tricky out there in the wastes. Generally he doesn't mind the "good" people, and often sticks up for them. He is a bit more personable with them. But don't expect him to start up a conversation. Unless he finds a common interest. He really hates the bad people. The people who prey on the weak, or kill when the other person is unarmed. But when they hurt innocent women, children, or non-feral animals, that's the last straw. To him, that's sick. Sure, it's the wastes, both women and men raiders plague the land. But if the women are innocent, or helping others, that's the red line. Around his friends and family he is smart, loving, funny, sarcastic, and caring. If you hurt anybody from those groups, you better pray that he is in a good mood.

He has a combination of morals. They are mostly good. Treat others how you want to be treated, help each other, and stick up for one another. Then, there is the survival/ blood letting side. If anybody harms your friends or family, you teach them a lesson. If someone tries to kill you, you kill them first, and make sure that raiders and lowlifes know that you are not to be trifled with. Self preservation/ close group preservation is a must in the wasteland. Unless you're NCR. Even still your morality and morals dramatically change due to the waste.That's why he views keeping to yourself imortant . They look out for their own and each others family. One of the most important things, always be weary. Especially out in the wasteland. Finally, he also has some dark spots. Every hero does. Every person does.

Misc: part of the NCR, got his nickname for being lucky on the field and with his shots. The nickname also comes from his kill count and what the enemies must be feeling. His best friend also serves in the NCR and is his partner. He also tally's his kills on his armor. He also loves to read, write, and watch people interact with each other. He finds it quite interesting. He is very well read. He also has a couple of nicknames; Joe, Vex, or Keller. Whenever he is on a recon mission or a stake out, he reads.

Skills: Being an NCR ranger, he is quite skilled with assault rifles and handguns. Along with that, he has good CQC skills. As for the big, bulking weapons, well, he thinks they're rather impractical. They're big, bulky, heavy, only good for heavy targets, crowd control( armed with non lethal rounds for riots. Like a shotgun armed with beanbag rounds) He would much rather have movement, accuracy, and decent stopping power, instead of just fire power. Most soldiers have basic medical training, and have learned to improvise repairs with weapons, or even jury rig broken parts, etc. He is also able to see both sides of most topics and arguments. Making him a good mediator. Ironic, seeing how he doesn't like most people.

Back story: Vex came from the small settlement on the border of Oregon and California. It was a small, quiet, out in the middle of nowhere town where everybody knows each other. His mother ran her own store there, so they lived normally. Most of the town liked him and his mom. There was even a school system. There, he met his best friend Kenzi. They were inseparable then, and are still very close now. They would play together as kids and go exploring close to home. In high school, whenever a guy would hassle Kenzi, Joe would back her up. If she didn't already take care of it herself. During school, they heard about the NCR and New Vegas, and what the situation there was like. A year and a half after they graduated they decided to travel to California to enlist. Of course, they knew how to fire a gun because of the wastes. Once they arrived, they both got strange looks, especially Kenzi. Neither of them minded, and they signed up. After their training, their drill sergeant screaming about pushing themselves, and lot of missions, they were accepted. Joe was a top shot, even joining the rangers. Kenzi was extremely close. Often being his spotter. She was more in-tune with a sniper then Vex. She is one of the only people who call Vex, Joe. After all of that, they have served with a lot of men and women. The only constant was each other. They have fought in more than a few battles. Even earned some respect among the camp.

RP SAMPLE: "Ah.. Why are we stuck with guard duty? Why not put us in separate towers?" Vex looked up from his book and saw Kenzi complaining about the post. "Kenz, you know why we're up here. A) its our turn b) we have the sharpest eyes and C) It's quiet. Why complain about that? We could be out on a supply run worrying about raiders, ghouls, radiated wildlife, or even radiation itself. Kenzi rolled her head and sighed. "I know, I know. I am grateful that we are up here, where it's safe. Not to mention I have you here!" The two did a fist bump, and vex smiled. "That's very true. Crazy to think we're we came from huh?" Kenzi was scanning the horizon, thinking of her answer.

"Yeah, it is. It feels like just yesterday we were running around playing ball. Now we're scanning the horizon, hoping not to get shot or ambushed. Do you remember that one guy who us hassling me in school? You said you would hunt him down, wait till he sleeps, then stuff him a giant ice box! The look on his face was priceless!" They both laughed at the thought of the guy's face. "I do remember! Never had any problem with him since. How's your watch coming?" Kenzi then backed away from the sniper scope to look at Vex and answer him. "It's good. It is Pretty quiet out there. Save for a few coyotes here and there. But other than that, pretty quiet." She then sat down next to Vex, putting her head on his shoulder. "I'm exhausted, Joe. I don't know why" Vex put his book down and leaned against the wall of the tower, also making it more comfortable for her. "Haven't been sleeping well? I have that problem. Whenever you can't sleep, you're welcome to hang out in my room, when I'm at my post, or when I can't sleep. How does that sound?" Vex was now marking the page in his book. "That sounds great. I wonder what the squad thinks of us? You think they think we're a couple?" Vex smiled. "I wouldn't doubt it. Wouldn't be the fist time. Either way, it doesn't matter. Although we do make a cu-" Before vex could finish his sentence five gunshots rang off. "What the hell was that! Take a look will you? I'm loading up my rifle!" Kenzi sprang up and nodded. "Got it. Let's see what's going on." She scanned the land and counted four raiders. They were just taking pot shots at anything that moved. Kenzi grinned, and lined up a shot. "Three raiders taking shots at anything that moves. Should I oblige them to one of my bullets?" "Oh, why yes Kenzi! They would really appreciate that." They were both talking in a refined southern accent. Kenzi began taking slow, deep breaths, and watching the raiders. She lined her sights up with the first one, took a deep breath, and held it at the bottom of the breath. The raider turned and was about to yell to his friends until kenzi opened up his head. She the turned to the other one and pulled. The bullet twisted and went in the neck of the second raider. You could see the blood squirting out. "Vex, would you like to do the honors?" Kenzi then handed the sniper rifle over to vex. " I would love to!" He then took aim, he breathed in, then he breathed out. He lined up a shot, pulled the trigger, and got the raider in the head. " It looks like I opened up his third eye!" Vex laughed."psft that was lame! Okay, it was kind of funny." The both laughed, then continued to watch until their time at the watch was up.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Name: Kenzi "harvey" Dennis
    Birthplace: Small town in Oregon. Close to the California border.
    S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
    Strength:5
    Perception:7
    Endurance:6
    Charisma:7
    Intelligence:10
    Agility:8
    Luck:6
    Appearance:
    2_Domino_051201101313902_wideweb__300x197.jpg
    Short blonde hair with black to make it appear darker( Like Keira Knightly from Domino) She is 5'5, 115 lbs.
    ( Had to find a reference picture :p this was the closest I can find. Sorry if this appears unoriginal)

Weapons: She uses a black, 9mm pistol that is strapped to her hip, and a standard issue sniper rifle( Sniper rifle from Fallout 3 and NV)

Clothing: When just around the camp, or when it's hot, she wears long black cargo pants with a white tank( Merc grunt outfit) in a battle situation she wears a sleeveless long coat over a black shirt with blue jeans and lace up combat boots( Merc veteran outfit) She rarely wears her NCR armor, opting for NCR patches on her coat. She wears a matching necklace that goes with her best friend, Vex's. It's made up of two parts, from two different domino peices. They broke them as kids to symbolize that even if their alone, they have each other. She also has her sniper kills tattooed on her arm.Whenever she is away from the base or in a city, she wears black jeans, a few earth tones shirts. she also has a pair of acid wash blue jeans. Along with her dog tags, she wears an engraved bullet that her best friend, Vex, gave her.Weapons: WeA black, 9mm hand gun that is strapped to her hip, standard sniper rife( Sniper rifle from fallout 3 and NV) and a combat knife on her belt sideways behind her back

Misc gear: She has a sword she found in the wastes. Where people get those kinds of weapons is beyond her. She wears a baseball cap to block the sun and also has sunglasses. She also has a rebreather.Nunchucks. Enough said.

Personality: Kenzi is funny, sweet, sarcastic, around her close friends. She ultimately dislikes people. She is also feisty and confident. She will always stick up for the little guy, and generally good people. Kenzi can be quite wild in the heat of the moment. The only people she would die for are Vex and his mom, her squad, and her close friends. Other than that, Kenzi couldn't care for anybody else. The morals she has are shaded grey. She only cares for her close group of people, and herself. But, she will help innocents if they are in need. She wouldn't do it alone. In her mind that's a bit unsafe. Unless the innocents are getting shot at. She learned not to invest too much time in relationship in the squad. That way it won't be as painful to lose them. Self preservation, along with the preservation of her close group of people, is a must in her opinion. The only person she got attached to is Vex. Only she calls him by his real name.

Skills: Hand to hand, knife skills, and nunchuks. She loved CQC skills. She is also a great shot, even keeping a kill count in her arm. Her training with NCR encompassed handguns, rifles, CQC, basic medical. Most soldiers learn to jury rig from other soldiers, veterans, seasoned soldiers, or just out in the world. She dislikes heavy weapons, too slow and bulky. Not to mention overrated.

Backstory: Kenzi was born in a small settlement on the border of Oregon and California. It was a small, quiet, out in the middle of nowhere town where everybody knows each other. Her dad died, and her mom didn’t take it well. She fell into alcohol, drugs, psycho, you name it. To escape her mom, she went over to Joe’s house. There, she was treated like family. His mom took care of both of them as if they were brother and sister. She was very close to the Keller family. Often spending the night, and came over there pretty close to everyday. Her mom didn’t care either way. She was deep into whatever she was using at the time. She did try to clean up. For a time she was. But some addicts always fall off the wagon, and she was back to it. Joe’s mom decided to make her a room, and take Kenzi in as her own.

School years: For kindergarten through 5, the town had an empty school building that survived the bombing. Most of it was intact, so they decided to use it as a school. Parents who volunteered taught the classes. The kids even had recess! Kenzi and Joe would always sit and play together. They were, and still are, inseparable. His mom loved having her around, and Kenzi’s mom didn’t care either way.

Teen/young adulthood years: When they went to an out of town high school, things were pretty much the same. They still had each other’s backs, and they still hung out constantly. If a guy ever started hassling Kenzi, Vex would back her up either by fighting the guy, scaring him, or simply talk to him. She loved that; not having to worry about guys bothering her. The only things that were different between them were that Kenzi was more active and she was decent in math, and had more friends. Vex was less active, and more into studies. Not saying that he was inactive, but he wasn’t a fan of PE. They were even each other’s prom dates. On the day of their graduation, Joe gave Kenzi a engraved bullet on a rope. He said that if they ever drift apart, they will remember each other by their necklaces. Both of theirs had an engraving that only they know what it means.

During school, they heard about the NCR and New Vegas, and what the situation there was like. A year and a half after they graduated they decided to travel to California to enlist. Of course, they knew how to fire a gun because of the wastes. Once they arrived, they both got strange looks, especially Kenzi. Neither of them minded, and they signed up. After their training, their drill sergeant screaming about pushing themselves, and lot of missions, they were accepted. Joe was a top shot, even joining the rangers. Kenzi was extremely close. Often being his spotter. She was more in-tune with a sniper then Vex. She is one of the only people who call Vex, Joe. After all of that, they have served with a lot of men and women. The only constant was each other. They have fought in more than a few battles. Even earned some respect among the camp.

RP SAMPLE
    Kenzi let out a quiet whine. "Ah.. Why are we stuck with guard duty? Why not put us in separate towers?" Vex looked up from his book and saw Kenzi complaining about the post. "Kenz, you know why we're up here. A) it’s our turn b) we have the sharpest eyes and C) its quiet. Why complain about that? We could be out on a supply run worrying about raiders, ghouls, radiated wildlife, or even radiation itself.” Kenzi rolled her head and sighed. "I know, I know. I am grateful that we are up here, where it's safe. Not to mention I have you here!" The two did a fist bump, and vex smiled. "That's very true. Crazy to think we're we came from huh?" Kenzi was scanning the horizon, thinking of her answer. "Yeah, it is. It feels like just yesterday we were running around playing ball. Now we're scanning the horizon, hoping not to get shot or ambushed. Do you remember that one guy who us hassling me in school? You said you would hunt him down, wait till he sleeps, then stuff him a giant ice box! The look on his face was priceless!" They both laughed at the thought of the guy's face. "I do remember! Never had any problem with him since. How is your watch coming?" She then backed away from the sniper scope to look at Vex and answer him. "It's good. It’s pretty quiet out there. Save for a few coyotes here and there. Other than that, pretty quiet." She then sat down next to Vex, putting her head on his shoulder. "I'm exhausted, Joe. I don't know why" Vex put his book down and leaned against the wall of the tower, also making it more comfortable for her. "Haven't been sleeping well? I have that same problem. Whenever you can't sleep, you're welcome to hang out in my room, when I'm at my post, or when I can't sleep. How does that sound?" Vex was now marking the page in his book. "That sounds great. I wonder what the squad thinks of us? You think they think we're a couple?" Vex smiled. "I wouldn't doubt it. Wouldn't be the fist time. Either way, it doesn't matter. Although we do make a cu-" Before vex could finish his sentence five gunshots rang off. "What the hell was that! Take a look will you? I'm loading up my rifle!" Kenzi sprang up and nodded. "Got it. Let's see what's going on." She scanned the land and counted four raiders. They were just taking pot shots at anything that moved. Kenzi grinned, and lined up a shot. "Three raiders taking shots at anything that moves. Should I oblige them to one of my bullets?" "Oh, why yes Kenzi! They would really appreciate that." They were both talking in a refined southern accent. Kenzi began taking slow, deep breaths, and watching the raiders. She lined her sights up with the first one, took a deep breath, and held it at the bottom of the breath. The raider turned and was about to yell to his friends until kenzi opened up his head. She the turned to the other one and pulled. The bullet twisted and went in the neck of the second raider. You could see the blood squirting out. "Vex, would you like to do the honors?" Kenzi then handed the sniper rifle over to vex. " I would love to!" He then took aim, he breathed in, then he breathed out. He lined up a shot, pulled the trigger, and got the raider in the head. " It looks like I opened up his third eye!" Vex laughed."psft that was lame! Okay, it was kind of funny." The both laughed, then continued to watch until their time at the watch was up.

300px-SIG-P228-p1030033.jpg
    Her pistol

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    You're in Wolfbane! Love your characters! They remind me of Starbuck and Apollo from Battlestar Galactica :D

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Daryl, you need to start using color in your dialogue and everyone else's. it's too hard for me to read otherwise.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    When you read books their dialogue isn't coloured?:p But I understand, I normally highlight dialogue with my mouse when people haven't coloured. I am on my tablet though, and sadly this app doesn't allow me to colour dialogue. I'll try get on a computer later today, not sure if I'll have wifi though.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Could you at least space out the dialogue then? Make it its own line? Authors do that all the time :p

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Alright, that they do! Also Merle is likely going to be the prominent one (talks more, sort of leads Daryl) a little. Daryl will still be a little important but it's like this for Daryl.

-Accompanies group

-Sticks mostly to his brother

-Finds out Merle was left behind for very volatile behaviour

-Is angry

-Is still a angry

-He is a little upset

-Is forced to become a real member of the group rather than being that someone who 'just tagged along with his brother'

I'm thinking when Merle is a bad boy and is chained/handcuffed to wherever, it goes like this.

You guys planned on coming back the next day, but when you got back he was gone (most of him). He's gonna be really bad so don't feel like its a stretch. But what will the situation be, anyone know yet?

Maybe even someone came back to free him (he was basically on time out) but something happens. It's up to you guys mostly.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Thanks. Merle's funny by the way :D let's hope he's not like the Merle in Walking Dead and try to "surprise" Jessica with sex or something.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    He will likely surprise her with bad things he will say to others, or even how he treats Daryl sometimes. Merle is likely not to pick on Jessica as she is helping him, and he has no reason to.
    (Not saying he needs a reason.)

He will undoubtedly cause fights with these new guys though ;) Yes, that's you Wolfbane.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    It's a bad idea to get all Freeside in a bar called The Drunken Deathclaw, just so you know.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Merle is always ready. I hope Vex is ready for a fight;) We should have Merle and Vex slightly recognise each other (only after seeing each other up close) and you knew the 'commanding officer'. (I'd say Sargent but idk if they have those)

Because then when Merle see's you up close he can be like "oh, this asshole! How you doin' man?"

Expect some very perverted things coming from Merle's mouth to your lady friend. Hideyokidshideyowife Merle is in town.