• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lilfish43

I keep hearing things about Treasur Maps but am yet to find one. Has anybody else found one? If so where and what did it lead you to?

Timett

o_O
I've found two. They're kind of clever in that they are perspective drawn maps that highlight a landmark, then draw a little dotted path one should take to find the treasure.

The one I've followed just lead me to a random chest in the mountains south of Whiterun. I've not searched for the other one yet.

Onyx

I have found two as well. Cannot remember where I got the first one (in my first playthrough). I think I got it from an unmarked bandit camp. Shows the location and found the treasure in a tree stump outside Riverrun. However, one my second play through (stopped my first at lvl 7 to re-spec) I went to that place without the treasure map (as I could not remember where I found it) and the treasure was not there so seems you have to find a treasure map before the actual loot spawns.

Cannot remember where I got the other map either. I think it is either from Bandit Bodies of from their unmarked camps in the wilderness...

You can get them as random drops. It's actually quite fun, because the map is completely perspective based and you need to know the land of Skyrim well to find one quickly.

The loot only appears once you have acquired the map, however.

Saint Vicious

Still sober
I may be wrong, but the map also has to be in your inventory. So if you find one, and leave it at your house no treasure will spawn. It has to be on you. Which is not a problem really. They don't weigh anything.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts