• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
turns iron into silver and silver into gold. Sadly it prioritises turning silver into gold so if you want lots of silver you need to drop it after every casting.

Be carrying iron ore and then cast the spell. It turns the iron ore into silver ore and silver into gold.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
You have ore in your inventory, you cast it, it changes it.
Thank you! That explains it. It's not like I need the gold, but, I suppose I could create some jewelery and make some xtra cash.

Thank you! That explains it. It's not like I need the gold, but, I suppose I could create some jewelery and make some xtra cash.
Also, it is a great way to boost Smithing by making jewelry.

Daelon DuLac

Also, it is a great way to boost Smithing by making jewelry.
True. Too bad I'm already at 100, although, I suppose I could always just legendize it and start over. I probably will once I have a forge after I download Hearthfire. It's bound to be easier at home.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
True. Too bad I'm already at 100, although, I suppose I could always just legendize it and start over. I probably will once I have a forge after I download Hearthfire. It's bound to be easier at home.

Well, it depends. Your forge is in the cellar, with a loading screen separating it from the main house.

So if you don't mind loading screens, or you plan on storing everything in the basement (and heck, why not just live there too), you're set to go.

I really wouldn't recommend legendarizing Smithing, unless you have a plethora of materials to return it to 100, and you have virtually no need for smithing or improving armor / weapons at this point.

Daelon DuLac

Well, it depends. Your forge is in the cellar, with a loading screen separating it from the main house.

So if you don't mind loading screens, or you plan on storing everything in the basement (and heck, why not just live there too), you're set to go.

I really wouldn't recommend legendarizing Smithing, unless you have a plethora of materials to return it to 100, and you have virtually no need for smithing or improving armor / weapons at this point.
My thought too. I suppose I can just keep making jewelery and selling it. It doesn't take much for me to enchant it and I can make a butt load of septims all at once. :) On the other hand, I get loading screens when I'm transporting materials from my home to a public forge anyway (I like using the one in Riverrun now that the smith is dead - when that happened I have no idea - but wonder who keeps stoking the forge to keep it so hot - his ghost?)

Nighthiker77

I like the forge at warmaidens. There should be an outside forge on the hearthfire homes for making nails and hinges that could also be used, with a chest right next to it, unless a mod added that to my game, but i think it's just vanilla hearthfire.

And the easiest way to use the spell is to cast while you are walking around anyway once your magica regenerates. But i don't see any point in it if your smithing is already 100 unless you need money or something lightweight to enchant. If you just want money, make rings, enchant, and then sell.

Daelon DuLac

I like the forge at warmaidens. There should be an outside forge on the hearthfire homes for making nails and hinges that could also be used, with a chest right next to it, unless a mod added that to my game, but i think it's just vanilla hearthfire.
Agreed. I love the one by Warmaiden's, but, I usually don't spend any time in Whiterun unless I'm selling something (my neighbors annoy me there, especially that guy who works for Belethor, Nazeem and that bratty little bully girl, oh, and lest we forget that creepy guy that insists that all we do in Skyrim is think about Death...). Besides, there's, like, no storage at Breezehome.

Nighthiker77

My modded Breezehome has plenty of storage, but i don't need that much anyway. I only keep my best gear, named items, and crafting supplies. I only need about 5-6 containers. With SKYUI, I could live with only 1 container.

Ingredients
Potions
Armor
Weapons
Clothing
Ingots, ore, and leather.
Food

Daelon DuLac

My modded Breezehome has plenty of storage, but i don't need that much anyway. I only keep my best gear, named items, and crafting supplies. I only need about 5-6 containers. With SKYUI, I could live with only 1 container.

Ingredients
Potions
Armor
Weapons
Clothing
Ingots, ore, and leather.
Food
On PS3 so no mods. I need to make do with Vanilla. Oh well. I admire you guys that do the PC stuff, but I just am too plain lazy to put that much work in to any Videgame. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts