• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I have never played a FPS (hacker ) game before, but decided the complexity of Skyrim made it worth a try. I seem to be totally uncoordinated: mix moving with viewing, always seem to be facing the wrong way in a fight etc. While I have killed some wolves and spiders, anything else seems to stomp me with no effort.
Is there anywhere in the game to practice in peace or, as an alternative, is there a way to be an honest mage without having to fight everything i see? I really would like to explore this world, but get tired of constantly being reset to where I spent my last night.
For those of you who are already level 65 (whatever), this is probably not your concern. how about those who have just managed to get to level 4, and feel grateful for that much:any advice?

Many thanks in advance

"if a stone falls on an egg:
Alas for the egg.
If an egg falls on a stone:
Alas for the egg."

Black-Tongue

Prey approaches...
I have a guide in my sig for mages, but has some general advice. It's a work in progress, but you might benefit from reading it.

You can lower the difficulty of your game if you have not already. Are you having trouble with the controls? Are you on a console or PC? If you are on PC you could consider using a controller, some feel that it gives you a bit better control.

Speaking of mages. Illusion has a calm spell. Cast that puppy on any creature giving you trouble and you can just stroll on by...at least until in wears off.

If you have specific questions I could offer some specific answers.

.:The_Steel_Arrow:.

Ultimate Archer
Well, if you are a Mage, don't continually fire out spells such as Flame. Fire in short burst's, like a gun. Hold the spell for Two seconds, wait One or Two seconds, and fire again. Disenchant your Mage cloaks and such, and enchant heavy armor for protection. THERE IS NO PENALTY FOR WEARING HEAVY ARMOR. And get better spells, because Flame and Spark ain't gonna last forever. You can buy spells from the wizard dude in Whiterun, in Dragonsreach. He has a s***load of spells.

Sentinala

Premium Member
have u tried lowering hte game difficulty in game play options?

on the lowest difficulty u can take out most of the enemies in the initial quests with few hits

iLouis

Psst...I know who you are. Hail Sithis!
Lower your sensitivity for more control perhaps? Be sure to keep your eye on target and use your movement in a fight.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts