• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Stigweard Ruadhan

Jeg er stolt. Jeg er sterk.
The Stormcloaks are a legitimate response from the Nords as to what they perceive as a betrayal by the Empire.

But Ulfric has Twisted them, at times, to an extension of his own desires.

Nephor The Shadow Stalker

Strike swiftly and silently.
My first playthrough I joined the Stormcloaks cause ya know the whole Empire was gonna chop off the old noodle. The more work I did the more I did not like. I'm a heavy RP guy and it seemed that Ulfric's pissant rebellion was just that. Now that I've played through the Empire's side it felt better to join them than the Stormcloaks. Did I mention I'm a Khajiit?

Jurgarik Greycloak

Techno master of Tamriel.
My first playthrough I joined the Stormcloaks cause ya know the whole Empire was gonna chop off the old noodle. The more work I did the more I did not like. I'm a heavy RP guy and it seemed that Ulfric's pissant rebellion was just that. Now that I've played through the Empire's side it felt better to join them than the Stormcloaks. Did I mention I'm a Khajiit?

yeah, well I did it once, on the Imperial side, and still cannot get the bad taste out of my mouth that Civil War in general left.

yeah, well I did it once, on the Imperial side, and still cannot get the bad taste out of my mouth that Civil War in general left.
What?

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation

omg same here.. i totally feel your pain, till this day i still can't shake the guilt of completing the imperial quest line.. this bothered me so much that i actually deleted the character afterwords, true story.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
The Stormcloaks are a legitimate response from the Nords as to what they perceive as a betrayal by the Empire.

But Ulfric has Twisted them, at times, to an extension of his own desires.
Ulfric gave them the courage to fight back against the empire and thalmor invaders.. how exactly is that twisting someone to your own desire? if your own desire is to fight your enemies instead of bowing down to them "which IS Ulfric's desire" perhaps you're right, but i see nothing "twisted" about that. o_O

omg same here.. i totally feel your pain, till this day i still can't shake the guilt of completing the imperial quest line.. this bothered me so much that i actually deleted the character afterwords, true story.
Do you guys not know where the shift keys are? Just asking.

AS88

Staff member
even AS88 seems to have stopped coming to your defense and i believe this is because he is running out of excuses for you

I don't need AS88 to come to my defense, I debate with him the same as I've done you. Never saw him throwing a fit.

You had the option when you came into this thread to post some interesting, valid information. Instead it was right into calling my posts bs right off the bat and then providing nothing other than constantly calling everyone's posts bs and even denying even in-game information. Then proceeding to attack anyone who didn't agree with you. You chose that, you. Not me, not AS88, not Janus and not the OP.

Happy, I've not been active on this for a while because a) I had to drive a hundred miles to go pick up a guitar I bought on eBay, b) had an early morning, and c) don't have the time at the minute.

I'm still 100% backing his version of events though, based on the fact that 99.9% of what DM has said on this thread regarding the topic at hand has been well-established lore. Also, the fact that you were unaware of the Dragonborn Prophecy and the fact that Ulfric started those wheels in motion again goes to show that your knowledge on the game just isn't quite there. It's great to have an opinion, but you have to be able to back it up with lore and evidence. I understand that you feel like you have, but I don't think anyone else on the thread is convinced.

And yeah, me and DM have disagreed on points before and had a nerd-fest over it. He doesn't give in, and we've had to agree to disagree more than once. Neither of us have ever resorted to spewing abuse and insults to innocent bystanders, though. The site encourages well-sourced and polite debate, it's the fuel for a great discussion.

Jurgarik Greycloak

Were you always a grammar Nazi? Just asking.

It just bugs me a little that's all. No need to be snide here.

Jurgarik Greycloak

anyways, I just had a bad feeling about the civil war in Skyrim, felt bad deciding the fate of people who might not want to be stuck with one side or the other. I would have liked for an option during the summit to have a more permanent truce and splitting Skyrim in half, is all.

anyways, I just had a bad feeling about the civil war in Skyrim, felt bad deciding the fate of people who might not want to be stuck with one side or the other. I would have liked for an option during the summit to have a more permanent truce and splitting Skyrim in half, is all.
Yeah I was rather thrown off by your first quote. Thanks for clearing that up.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Happy, I've not been active on this for a while because a) I had to drive a hundred miles to go pick up a guitar I bought on eBay, b) had an early morning, and c) don't have the time at the minute.

I'm still 100% backing his version of events though, based on the fact that 99.9% of what DM has said on this thread regarding the topic at hand has been well-established lore. Also, the fact that you were unaware of the Dragonborn Prophecy and the fact that Ulfric started those wheels in motion again goes to show that your knowledge on the game just isn't quite there. It's great to have an opinion, but you have to be able to back it up with lore and evidence. I understand that you feel like you have, but I don't think anyone else on the thread is convinced.

And yeah, me and DM have disagreed on points before and had a nerd-fest over it. He doesn't give in, and we've had to agree to disagree more than once. Neither of us have ever resorted to spewing abuse and insults to innocent bystanders, though. The site encourages well-sourced and polite debate, it's the fuel for a great discussion.

It's sad that the Empire supporters can come up with better arguments for the Stormcloaks, than they can. I just provided an argument for the Stormcloaks, which was better than every single Pro Stormcloak argument ever put forward on this entire forum.

Not even that hard, but they go the route of just denying everything in-game.

It's sad that the Empire supporters can come up with better arguments for the Stormcloaks, than they can. I just provided an argument for the Stormcloaks, which was better than every single Pro Stormcloak argument ever put forward on this entire forum.

I agree with you there on the denial part mage. I don't get why there all up in arms with no shields.

Jurgarik Greycloak

and some pieces of lore are right for both sides, because they simply do not have evidence to support either side 100%.

people's biases does wonders for reason.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Though I'm interested to see if any Pro Empire fellows can defend against the argument I presented. I'm tossing up if I should turn Stormcloak for awhile.

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist
I'm not sided with anyone yet, although in 4 hours I will be making my decision, at the moment it turns out i'll be making the journey to Solitude tonight to see if I can lend them a hand.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I'm not sided with anyone yet, although in 4 hours I will be making my decision, at the moment it turns out i'll be making the journey to Solitude tonight to see if I can lend them a hand.

Did you know there was a city in Cyrodiil where only Argonians were tortured. The Colovian Countess had a hidden torture chamber that could be accessed from the bedroom, to torture the Argonians. Makes Ulfric Stormcloak look like a saint compared to that.

That the Empire only used Black Marsh mainly as a prison, placing the worst trash the Empire has to offer into that province.

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist

Did you know there was a city in Cyrodiil where only Argonians were tortured. The Colovian Countess had a hidden torture chamber that could be accessed from the bedroom, to torture the Argonians. Makes Ulfric Stormcloak look like a saint compared to that.

That the Empire only used Black Marsh mainly as a prison, placing the worst trash the Empire has to offer into that province.

That was then this was now, I can't change the passed, but I can change the future.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts