Spoiler Too much faffing about in those otherworlds.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

sticky runes

I've just killed Serana's dad, and feel really disappointed, to be honest. I thought it was way too much hassle to get Auriel's bow, and most of the time was spent making my way through the soul cairn and doing those wayshrine quests for the snow elves. Then when it came to storming Volkihair castle, it was all over in a few minutes. I thought the castle was going to be massive, and it would take ages to fight my way to Harkon.

I thought the ancient tower was fun - that's what I was expecting, exploring a castlevania-esque gothic castle with vampires and gargoyles, but it didn't feel like there was enough of that. The castle was too small and the Soul Cairn and Forgotten Vales were too big.

The other problem I had was there was too much time spent with Serana. Yeah, she's a good follower, but I like taking different followers from time to time, not spending loads of time with the same person.

I haven't tried playing as a vampire yet, so hopefully that will offer a better experience when I do it with one of my other characters.

CHUBBY_RYNO

There are some other things you could do with the DLC, for instance there are several unique items you can collect. (SPOILER) Auriel's Shield, Dawnguard Rune hammer, Dawnguard Rune Axe, Dawnguard Rune Shield, Aetherial Items, (END SPOILER) along with some new spells in conjuration and restoration.

You could also if your're going to playthrough the vampire side, make a new character built specifically for the DLC. I found the vampire character I made for it was a ton of fun.

sticky runes

I got the rune hammer. Gets a bit monotonous when I do those kind of guild quests where you go off and do something and come back and then there's something else to do, and something else to do. I wish they gave us quests that allowed the other dawnguard members to become more involved.

Iveri Sarothil

Agreeing on the Serana part. I love her to death, but I don't like that she has to stay your companion until the quest is over. The Soul Cairn part was obnoxious as hell. Well....getting the demon horse (the OTHER demon horse, excuse me, Shadowmere) was fun. Other than that, I couldn't wait until stumbling around in the desert of souls was over.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts