Todd's DICE Keynote - Skyrim "Game Jam"

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

MonkeyShoulder

< 41:00

The bethesda developers where given one week to come up with 'crazy' idea's to put in the game.

In one week they came up with:
spears
water animation based on flow
seasons
water arrows from thief
better guard AI
cloth physics
mounted combat
Adoption
SSAO

Now is it me or should all this stuff have been in the game in the first damn place?

Norminator

Wouldn't mind if it had been in since the beginning, or even if they'd patch it in later.
Video is private though :confused:

I wanted to make a thread but I'd thought no one actually watched and yeah I really wish they would have put the changing of the seasons, the giant mudgrab, the fiery skeletal horse mount and dragon mount, and werebear in. All were amazing ideas.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Amazing they managed to fit all that in, despite having so much money to count.
I guess it is easier to party and jam while counting, because fixin' bugs is just boring, the modders can deal with that now that they have their CK.

I really wonder how much of these could be doable with the tools modders currently have available...

I mean, we already have Thu'umMic for Pc's, letting you use shouts through voice recognition...

brandon

yall have to remember skyrim was really made for xbox and ps3. if they made it strictly for pc then most of these updates wouldve already been in the game. but i really like the spears, water arrows, mounted combat, and the adoption. when i first found out about the orphanage i was like really i can adopt a kid thats awesome. then i was like oh i cant adopt them that sucks. but as a sneak or thief using the water arrows to take out the torches and laterns will be epic.

brandon

you have a long ass signature

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts