To Start a New Game or Not, 'Tis the Question...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

kyleekay

Hi, all. I've missed these forums a lot and I hope everyone has been well. <3

I'm playing Skyrim tonight. It's been several months since I played Skyrim- even longer since I played an actual in depth game. I have 4 or 5 characters I believe, and I can't decide if I should start a new game.

A few of my characters I had/have set plans for, so I'm not sure that I feel like jumping back into that right this second. My most recent character also has a plan, but it's basically to just complete the civil war questline.

TL;DR- I'm trying to decide if I should start another new character and see how far I can get, or if I should use the one I created specifically for the CW quests.

Thoughts? :)

AS88

Staff member
Maybe start a new one to get back into it, then see if the other ones call to you again? :)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Depends on if you want to go a new direction or not to me. I actually just deleted my 70+ level character that was my first the other day since I knew I'd never get back to him.

I like starting new characters and trying new things. It keeps me on my toes. I started a new Argo character about a week ago and I'm still enjoying because I'm not doing my usual stuff (first non human by the way). I even have a new redguard character that I have to delete now because my fellow forumers gave me much better ideas where to go with my Hallie Berry lookalike. :)

Scarheart

"Eternity isn't forever."
I am of the smug belief that you haven't mastered a character in Skyrim if you can't easily dispose of Legendary Dragons on Legendary difficulty.

Daelon DuLac

I am of the smug belief that you haven't mastered a character in Skyrim if you can't easily dispose of Legendary Dragons on Legendary difficulty.
I can't dispose of Legendary Dragons on Novice difficulty so PHFFFFFTTTT to you! :)

kyleekay

Maybe start a new one to get back into it, then see if the other ones call to you again? :)

I should've known you'd be the first to support my creation addiction. ;)

Depends on if you want to go a new direction or not to me. I actually just deleted my 70+ level character that was my first the other day since I knew I'd never get back to him.

I like starting new characters and trying new things. It keeps me on my toes. I started a new Argo character about a week ago and I'm still enjoying because I'm not doing my usual stuff (first non human by the way). I even have a new redguard character that I have to delete now because my fellow forumers gave me much better ideas where to go with my Hallie Berry lookalike. :)

I've never played an Argonian, that could be interesting. Although my favorite is still my Khajiit. What direction are you taking your Argo in?

I haven't played any characters long enough to reach that point, so I'm clearly not a master. But I knew that already. :cool:

Daelon DuLac

I should've known you'd be the first to support my creation addiction. ;)

I've never played an Argonian, that could be interesting. Although my favorite is still my Khajiit. What direction are you taking your Argo in?
He's mainly about the cash and adventure, lives in Riften being helpful mostly and doing a little work on the side with the TG. Currently he's on his way to work with the Dawnguard as the Vamps just killed one of his Argo friends (fortunately he had already solved the Skooma problem - sort of). I'm playing by ear and trying to avoid the main quests (Civil War & Dragonborn - although he will go to Solstheim at some point). I like that he can explore under water as well and sneaks amazingly. Plus, with the colouring I gave him and wearing tricked out scaled armor, he just looks cool. I'm thinking about returning to my Khajit girl over the weekend. I just wasn't sure where to go with her as, for RP she's not welcome in any City in Skyrim. I'd thought about only working with the caravans, but it takes forever to find them most of the time.

kyleekay

I like that a lot- I may have to steal that premise from you. Although I don't have any DLCs, so I can't do the Vampire bit. It's a bit similar to my Thief Khajiit, but I like the idea of being able to explore the water, etc.

AS88

Staff member
GET THE DLCS!

kyleekay

I'd give it to you, but that would be a cruel, cruel joke. You'd get in there all excited to steal all of my money and then realize I really am broke. I'm too nice for that. :p

AS88

Staff member
I'd give it to you, but that would be a cruel, cruel joke. You'd get in there all excited to steal all of my money and then realize I really am broke. I'm too nice for that. :p

At least you're not a student with less than no money :p

kyleekay

I'd say we're about equal on the crappy financial situations, AS88. At least your money is going towards something productive (jealous of you!). Mine goes towards the debt my ex left me with. ;)

Oh, and my dogs. But I like spending money on them. <3

I have a knack for derailing threads, don't I? Okay AS88. Gimme a build suggestion, aside from the Argo idea.

AS88

Staff member

kyleekay

I just skimmed through that (I'll read more later) and it's very intriguing. I'm a bit scared of Alchemy, though. It's always seemed so complicated. :confused:

Daelon DuLac

I just skimmed through that (I'll read more later) and it's very intriguing. I'm a bit scared of Alchemy, though. It's always seemed so complicated. :confused:
It's not, plus it's fun to experiment (for me!). All that collecting gives me something to do while I'm running from one location to another and yet another excuse to take everything that's not nailed down from just about anywhere I go. :)