• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Phoenix watched the boy shiver and beckoned him inside the room.

"Come and look for yourself." She said to him softly. She scanned the room having not been there in quite some time. There was dust on many of the objects. Such neglect was especially apparent on a chest that sat idly in the corner screaming at her to be opened. She froze when she saw it but eventually worked herself up to walk towards it. For the moment she had forgotten about the small Khajiit boy that would soon enter the room. For the moment, the room wasn't lit and there was just a small cave spot light wafting down around the dusty chest.

The dust caught in the imaginary light as she reached the chest and knelt down in front of it on one knee. She took her finger and traced the lock for the special metal button that would open the chest. It popped open and the dust flew off of it. Inside was a small silver dagger laying on top of a bundle of fur. She took the dagger out and laid it on the floor so she could grab the fur bundle. She took it out gingerly and watched it unfold itself. More dust fell off the short strands of hair and her breath caught in her chest as she remembered where this piece of fur armor had come from. She lowered her head and brought the fur piece closer to her chest in a sort of embrace.

With that small moment happening in about a minute or so, she blinked her eyes open after emitting a small whimper. She sniffed loudly and closed the chest. She picked up the dagger and turned to R'alle with the child's size fur armor in arm and the dagger in another. She cast her eyes to the ground suddenly not able to bear the sight of the small Khajiit boy. She walked over to the table and laid down the two objects for him to take his pick out of.

Her eyes prickled and then she heard the grating of stone. She grabbed a sword off the table and made her way gently past R'alle while positioning herself in front of the room so as to block the intruders from the boy.

"Who goes there?!" She snarled defensively with the sword held rigidly in front of her as she waited for the faces of those that had entered.

R'alle

young but able
    R'alle took his time entering the room. He walked in slowly observing the room. His eyes immediately caught the chest. Phoenix had pulled out a dagger and a small fur armor chest plate. R'alle wondered how she was prepared for a child's size armor.

He observed as she seemed to be attached to the objects. She set them down on a table and seemed to see something else. R'alle walked over and picked up the armor. It was dust and old. He slipped it on and looked at the dagger. He released his claws and made a visual comparison. He decided the blade would be useful.

He watched as Phoenix positioned herself in front of R'alle. She spoke "Who goes there?!" R'alle smelled,heard,and saw nothing. He believed phoenix was losing it. He knew not many people had the senses of a khajiit. Was he the one who's losing it.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Simus woke up to the rising sun and his daughter's smile. She was beautiful in the breaking dawn. As he tried to rise, he felt a sharp pain in his left side, along with stiffness all over his body. He was getting too old for this.

"Easy dad, don't get up too fast." Alice said, slowly helping him rise. "The drauger have been destroyed, the vampires helped us. All three of them, even the Thalmor. The Nord vampire just collapsed from exhaustion but he's going to be fine. The red-headed woman just left to head back to the inn."

"Okay." Simus said, grateful for Alice's wits, as they were much quicker than his at the moment. "My left ribs hurt, am I bleeding?"

"Let me see." Alice said, lifting his chest plate enough to get her hand under and feel around against his shirt underneath. She pressed against his middle ribs and he winced in dull pain. The good news is there wasn't any blood and nothing felt broken.

"You're okay." She said. "Just a big bruise. What are your orders sir?"

"We need to announce that the situation has been resolved but I'm really tired. Would you mind doing it? Get a casualty report and have the men clean up the bodies. Then we need to..."

Simus groaned in pain as he tried to stand up. As soon as weight came upon his right knee, a thousand knives stabbed it. Wonderful, the last thing he needed was a broken knee.

"Honey my right knee's torn up. It feels like something's popped loose. I can't walk. I need help getting back to the inn." He said through winces of pain.

"plops." Alice said. "Stay here and lie down. I'm going to get you a stretcher and we're going to get you back to the inn. Dad? It's gonna be okay. We're all safe now thanks to you."

Alice put her index and middle finger to her throat and ampilfied her voice just as Simus did.

"CITIZENS OF IVARSTEAD. THE DRAUGER THREAT HAS BEEN CONTAINED. THE SITUATION IS UNDER CONTROL. THE PREVIOUS STATE OF EMERGENCY HAS BEEN LIFTED. GENERAL PSYRAKON HAS BEEN WOUNDED I NEED A STRETCHER AND TWO VOLUNTEERS TO GET HIM TO SAFETY."

(OOC: Sorry for going so long withut posting. I never realized how much time running an RP takes. Remeber that Alice essentially turned herself into a PA system, so everyone can hear her, even Phoenix and R'alle in the safehouse. R'alle would probably recognize her voice.)

R'alle

young but able
    R'alle was standing behind the argonian woman until he heard a familiar voice.

"CITIZENS OF IVARSTEAD. THE DRAUGER THREAT HAS BEEN CONTAINED. THE SITUATION IS UNDER CONTROL. THE PREVIOUS STATE OF EMERGENCY HAS BEEN LIFTED. GENERAL PSYRAKON HAS BEEN WOUNDED I NEED A STRETCHER AND TWO VOLUNTEERS TO GET HIM TO SAFETY."

R'alle dropped the blade and sprinted back to the entrance. He quickly went up and put the barrel back in place. He sprinted over the source of the voice and leaped into the air. He landed on his target hugging her to death. He missed Alice so much it hurt. He didn't realize it but he released his claws gripping her clothes,ensuring he wouldn't fall. A tear fell from his eye as he spoke.

"Alice!!!! I missed you so much!!! Please never leave me again...."

Humbungala

Morrigan had half expected one of the stormcloaks to stop her as she made her way to the safe house. She had forgotten that mortals were weak and needed excessive amounts of time to recover from their injuries. One of several perks of being a vampire. The Thalmor lord, carrying the nord lord, approached her "Take us to the safe house." Morrigan nodded and continued to walk. She walked to the corner of the tavern and the house and pushed the same plank on one of the barrels that she had seen the argonian push. It receded back and opened up a passage way. Morrigan descended down the stairs, the lords following, when she heard Sings call out "who goes there?" Before she could turn the corner and call back, the little Khajiit boy came rushing past us, up the stairs, and out of the safehouse.

Morrigan entered the room the Sings was in and said, "Your cat just ran away." She then let out a chuckle at how witty she could be and rested on a chair.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    As Alice was setting Simus down against the carriage, the red-haired vampire caught her eye. She walked behind the tavern and disappeared. This was puzzling since the only thing back there was an abandoned house. Half of the place was rubble and as far as Alice knew, no one lived there, so it wouldn't make a very secure hideout. Perhaps the three vampires were just finding a quiet place to recover and didn't want to attract attention at the tavern? That was certainly possible but what did they expect to find in that old place? Before she could ponder the matter further, she saw a very familliar tabby khajiit dart out from behind the tavern and sprint towards her with a look of pure joy on his face. It had been months since Alice had seen R'alle and she couldn't wait to hug him again. Why hadn't dad told her he was here?!

Alice was knocked on her butt when R'alle pounced into her arms, but her skirt prevented it from getting dirty. R'alle hugged her tightly enough to where he started kneeding her but she didn't mind: The enchantments in her dress would prevent any damage and she was overjoyed to see him again. Alice brought her legs together to give R'alle room to sit, then brought him into a loving but gentile embrace.

"R'aaallee!" She cooed, cuddling him like a stuffed animal.

"Alice!!!! I missed you so much!!! Please never leave me again...." He said, holding onto her as if her life depended onit.

"Oh sweetheart..." Alice said, resting her head on his right shoulder and holding him while massaging his ears: Khajiit had sensative ears and getting them massaged felt wondeful. "I'm so sorry we left you at the Honorhall Orphanage, but you need a stable roof over your head until we can find you a home. If you stayed with dad and I through the war and something happened to you, I could never forgive myself for exposing you to such danger. Please believe me R'alle, you'll be out of that Orphanage as soon as we find someone to take you in, but it can't be us: not now. It's too dangerous for you."

She released him and moved back a bit. She used her left hand to balance him on her legs and her right moved his chin up so their eyes met. Her face went from apologetic, to a sort of big sister concern.

"That brings me to my next question: Why aren't you at the Orphanage honey?" She asked in a you-better-not-have-run-away tone of voice. "Did someone in Ivarstead adopt you? I've been getting all your letters but I didn't see anything about adoption, and Constance Michelle didn't send dad or I anything saying you were adopted. How does she compare with Old Grelod the Kind by the way? It's tragic how she was murdered by the Dark Brotherhood, but I'm sure Constance was a step up, right? I'm sorry. I'm asking you a million questions all at once and giving you no time to answer.

Alice re-wrapped her arms around R'alle and cradled him in her lap, making sure the morning frost didn't bother him.

"You can talk now pumpkin."

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Phoenix's leg was bumped by R'alle as he made his way roughly past her when the sound of the Stormcloak woman's voice boomed around the area. She looked down to see the boy wearing the armor she had laid out and almost smiled at the sight. Then she was reminded that intruders had been coming in when she heard a female voice remark, "Your cat just ran away."

She chuckled and lowered her weapon. Her tail curled in relief and she let out a breath. Examining the ones that had come in after Morrigan she saw that the Nord vampire was unconscious, which was surprising to her. She quickly laid down the sword and moved her way over to a corner where there were a few pallets made up.

"You can bring him over here." She said to them as she twisted her hands together.

"I suppose the fighting is over now?"

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar nodded his thanks to the female vampire as he followed her, to an abandoned house, and then down the stairs, to where the Khajiit boy launched himself past, tearing out of the alley. Sighing, he carried Severus to one of the pallets and laid him out flat on his back. "Yes, the fighting is over. The Draugr are destroyed with minimal casualties on our part" as he answered the Argonians' question, he tugged his robes closed, concealing the nasty gash on his chest.

Fortunately, he could feel the accelerated healing taking place already, nerve endings and muscle re-knitting, and bones re-forming, with his pale gold skin forming over it all.When the process was done, it would leave no indication that he'd been attacked, except for a tear in his shirt. Until then however, he still had a garish wound in the center of his chest, which he didn't exactly want to show off to the others.

Glancing at Severus, he could tell that the other Vampire lord's wounds were healing as well, with minor scratches and bruises fading to nothingness. The Altmer vampire leaned against the wall directly opposite his friend, so to keep an eye on the healing process, and where he'd be out of the way. Finally, he inclined his head to the Argonian "Thank you for extending your aid to us, my lady, not many others would have the courage to do so"

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Phoenix nodded to him, as he answered her question and was about to turn when she heard him give her his thanks. She smiled a little and continued to fiddle with her hands.

"It's not often that I would." She replied before adding, "This place has been a secret for years, and I expect it to stay that way. Tell no one else about its whereabouts, please." She walked over to the stream that ran freely through the cavern they were in. The water lapping at the edges as it flowed past.

"Are the Stormcloaks following you?"

R'alle

young but able
    R'alle hugged Alice feeling her warm embrace. She spoke soothingly

"I'm so sorry we left you at the Honorhall Orphanage, but you need a stable roof over your head until we can find you a home. If you stayed with dad and I through the war and something happened to you, I could never forgive myself for exposing you to such danger. Please believe me R'alle, you'll be out of that Orphanage as soon as we find someone to take you in, but it can't be us: not now. It's too dangerous for you."

R'alle was about to say something until she continued. He chuckled

"That brings me to my next question: Why aren't you at the Orphanage honey?" She asked in a you-better-not-have-run-away tone of voice. "Did someone in Ivarstead adopt you? I've been getting all your letters but I didn't see anything about adoption, and Constance Michelle didn't send dad or I anything saying you were adopted. How does she compare with Old Grelod the Kind by the way? It's tragic how she was murdered by the Dark Brotherhood, but I'm sure Constance was a step up, right? I'm sorry. I'm asking you a million questions all at once and giving you no time to answer.

"Constance is lovely. She's okay and doesn't ask for much. She's a good cook too. I was adopted but it didn't work out. I had to leave or I could've died. I really don't want to talk about it. I don't need the orphanage Alice. I can provide for myself and live off the land. I hate waiting to be taken in to a family that knows nothing about me. No history no trust."

R'alle tug on his fur armor loosening it up some. He looked at her hoping his answer would suffice. He truly did not want to talk about what happened. He shivered thinking of his "Caretakers" He hugged her with all his might and slid off of her lap. He stood and dusted of his armor. Technically he was borrowing it from phoenix so he respected it. He layed his hand on Alice's and spoke.

"I'm sure your very busy. But please think about what I said...I won't stay in an orphanage. I'll leave you to your work while I go get some dinner."

He smiled at her and walked away slowly. He walked towards the forest. R'alle walked a couple yards through the forest and made a U turn towards the back of the Cavern. He hated Lying to Alice but he gave his word to Phoenix to keep the the sanctuary secret. He was a khajiit of it's word. He walked towards the barrel and moved it revealing the entrance. He moved the barrel back and entered. He walked up behind the vampires and quickly went to phoenix's side. He didn't want to be near the blood suckers. He looked up at the argonian.

"Sorry about that...old friends I had to say hello." R'alle felt bad for leaving Alice but he knew he had to help Phoenix.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Alice reached a hand out to R'alle as he left, wanting to know more about what had happened to him.

"R'alle wait, I..." She stopped mid-sentence. R'alle's gait, posture and movement speed indicated that this discussion was over and she would no longer be heard. Her mind became flooded with questions. Who had adopted R'alle? How long ago was it? What did he mean when he said he 'could have died'? What sort of abuse did R'alle experience and who would be cruel enough to do these things to him? Furthermore, why hadn't she Seen anything if he was in danger? Perhaps it was because of her constant vigilance in looking for Arillious? Maybe that had blocked out all other possible visions.

Alice felt ashamed at this prospect, closing her inner eye to the needs of a child she loved because she was selfish and wanted her man back. Now something had happened to R'alle that he was unwilling to talk about: Alice had to find out what it was and she had to help. If R'alle was in trouble it was her resposability to look after him.

As she was thinking this over, a Stormcloak healer beckoned her from behind.

"Excuse me, Captain Psyrakon?" She asked. "I've tended to the General's wounds and repaired his knee. It was nothing more than a pulled ligament. He's fine now."

"Oh, umm, thank you Elsie." Alice said, pulled back into reality. "How long till he's able to walk?"

"Actually ma'am he's up right now." She said "His knee's been fully healed, though considering his age he should get some rest and give it some time. I don't suppose you can see to that?"

"My father's not one to sit around" Alice said "But I'll be sure to tell him. Thank you Elsie, and don't worry about me. I'm allright."

"Of course ma'am." Elsie said. "I'll be tending to the wounded if you need me."

The two women saluted each other and Alice walked over to her father. He was up and about, stretching his knee occasionally. He smiled as she came up to him.

"I overheard your conversation with R'alle." He said. "It sounds like there's something he's not telling us."

"I'm worried about him dad." She said. "He's always been able to talk to me until now. Something happened to him in the last few months that he doesn't want to remember."

"Seemes that way." Simus said. "He and I ran into each other in the tavern just before the fighting took place. He was in the company of a vampire woman who's name I didn't get and an Argonian woman named Sings-in-the-wind."

"Wait" Alice said. "Vampire woman? I stood with one when I was tending to you. She ran off with that Nord vampire and the Thalmor. What if they know each other?"

She gasped and covered her mouth with a hand as she learned of this revalation. "Mara's mercy! What if they're the ones that adopted R'alle and he was trying to run away from them!?"

"Alice, Alice relax." Simus said, stopping his daughter's imagination before it made her crazy. "I'm sure ther's a good reason why R'alle's out here with these people, and it probably isn't because they've adopted him to take back to their coven as a bloodsack. That would just be sick. Let's talk to him together and see what we can find out. Now did you see which way he went?"

"Well, that's kind of a mystery." Alice said. "He went behind the tavern and disappeared. He didn't go into the forest or into the hills. He just vanished."

"Well let's go have a look then." Simus said.

The two headed over to the taveran and walked around the back, following the rather indescreet tracks left by R'alle and the vampires. They all ended at the wall of an old, half-destroyed house with a barrel next to the wall.

"Now this is strange." Simus said.

"Yeah." Alice said. "They just vanished where this barrel is. Could there be some sort of secret passage or celler here?"

"It sure seemes that way." Simus said. "I don't know of anything around here like that but these old buildings are full of surprises. Tell you what, get down here and feel for any sort of button or switch that might move this wall. Start with that barrel."

Alice got down on her knees and started fiddling with the barrel's planks. By dumb luck, the first one she experemented with depressed and the barrel and wall slid aside to reveal an old staircase leading to a hallway."

"Alice!" Simus exclaimed. "Look at this! Seemse you were right. C'mon, we need to head down here and see where this goes."

They walked through the door into the dark hallway. Simus casted a light spell and took point. The both readied their weapons and headed into the unknown, certain they were heard and ready for a fight.

R'alle

young but able
    R'alle sat on the dusty chest. He felt his body grew weary and spent. He yawned and leaned against the wall. He thought of what he did today and what would happen tomorrow. For the most part he wondered where he was going next. Where ever the group goes...I'll follow. He yawned again and pulled his tunic up.

The apparel was warm and comfortably. He purred quietly "G'night." He closed his eyes and instantly felt the grasp of sleep. It held him tight as he floated through a river. The water was soothing and relaxing.
    He sighed comfortably and dreamed of foxes and wolves playing in the winter snow.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar had fallen into a type of reverie as his body mended. The elf stared at a point in the distance, seeming to stare through the stone walls of the safe house, unwilling to sleep, but not fully awake either. He thought on the strange force he'd encountered in the burial mound, a malevolent darkness....or perhaps insanity was finally coming to claim him at long last. Then his thoughts shifted to the group he'd fallen in with.

The whole affair was ridiculous, of course. He was Thalmor, hanging about with those that were seen as beneath the Thalmor would not be good for his reputation, and despite their professed friendliness, he didn't know nearly enough about the Argonian, nor the Khajiit. 'why should I trust them? And why should they trust me? I'm just as likely to kill them than help them' he mused.

The scuff of boots on the ground drew the vampires attention to the darkened hallway, near the entrance. Drawing his sword with his right hand, he caught the Argonian's eye, and put a single finger to his lips in a silent message. Quiet.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Phoenix didn't wait for the vampires to answer her question about the Stormcloaks as it seemed that the noises around her answered it for her. The shifting sound of stone against stone and then metal boots against stone sounded through the cavern over the soft prattle of the running water. She didn't reach for her weapon, in fact she was confident that she wouldn't need them. They had R'alle.

She saw Salthar give her a sign to be quiet and she nodded while, without a sound, skirting over to the side of the entrance and into the shallow shadows there. Her feet were swift taking her there, like a ghost's, and she waited on the two to enter. Or at least she thought it was just two based on the sound of the steps.

Humbungala

Morrigan had been exhausted from the battle that happened to day. She hasn't had an encounter like that since she was taken prisoner in a raid camp.

They had taken hold of a fort, one who's name eluded her, and were capturing as many people as they could for slave labor. She was travelling back to her hideout near Riften to store the goods she had stolen in solitude when the bandits ambushed her. There were archers at her every side, so Morrigan had no choice but to submit and go along with them. They knocked her down, tide her arms back and bagged her head. You just ambushed the wrong vampire. She had thought, knowing that they wouldn't be able to keep her captive for long. They brought her to their fort and put her in the prison within. There were several other citizens held with her and she noticed that they were all green boys and weak women. The prison was a long hallway with several cages on the sides. She was forced to undo her bonds herself, but there was no way that she could break out of the cage herself. She kept note of the orc bandit who took her knives and kept him in her mind as she made her plan of escape. She turned to the person next to her, a nord boy around her height with long blonde flocks. He had a fixed jawline and being handsome as he was she knew that his face matured a lot quicker then the rest of his body. Pity he's the closest person to me. "Hey boy." He turned and looked at her, no emotion anywhere to be seen on his face, "What?" Morrigan frowned and replied, "Sorry,"and before he could comprehend what she had said, she was on top of him, draining the life from his body. The women screamed in terror but did nothing to help him. A guard came over unsheathed his sword, and yelled at Morrigan to stop. He pulled out the jail key and as soon as he unlocked the door, Morrigan quickly leaped from the boy's body and slammed into the door of the jail, knocking the jailer down. She took his sword and stabbed him in the neck, then made her way to the common room. She ran down the hall and burst through the door, realizing there were a lot more bandits then she had anticipated in the room. Before the bandit closest to her could react, she dashed towards him and with one lunge plunged the sword deep into his chest. The other bandits closed in, but could not match her expertise in swordplay. She parried when they attacked and returned with an attack of her own, killing each bandit. The orc bandit who took her daggers charged in, wondering what the source of the noise was. He saw Morrigan and turned to alert the bandits that were outside. Morrigan through the sword in her hand, landing it perfectly where his heart was. He fell to the ground, hand still grasping the door. Morrigan grabbed the daggers from the orc and prepared herself for the large amount of bandits that could be outside. Just as she grabbed the door to run, all the prisoners that were in the dungeons with her came running into the common room and picked up the swords of the bandit. Morrigan smiled, Perfect.

She joined the mob of prisoners and ran in between them to protect herself from the incoming arrows. The prisoners began to fight the bandits, and Morrigan did not care to kill them only to escape. She ran for the fort's open gate when she was stopped by three bandits, one with a great sword, one with a sword and shield and the last duel wielding axes. She went after the great sword first, rolling behind him to avoid his slow first swing and stabbing him into the back with her daggers. She kicked his back knocking him into the other two bandits. She turned to run out of the fort, but the gate was closed now. She ducked as an arrow flew towards her but she wasn't fast enough and the arrow grazed her neck, cutting her badly (ugh plopsty word but can't think of another lol). She sheathed her daggers and pressed the wound against her neck. She saw a collapsed part of the wall beside the gate and ran towards it. She climbed the debris, hand still firmly pressed against her neck to stop any bleeding. An archer unsheathed a dagger but Morrigan grabbed his hand spun around him and threw him off the wall. Morrigan crouched and leaped off the top of the wall and rolled as she landed on the ground. She ran as fast as she could and didn't look back, but it didn't seem that the bandits paid any mind to her for she heard no arrows flying towards her.

Morrigan recollected her thoughts and brought herself back to the safehouse. Had she not been a vampire with advanced regeneration she would have died from the wound. The argonian was alerted and walked to the entrance of the safehouse. Morrigan walked and stood by her side and sensed two figures heartbeat's moving down the stairs. So much for a damn "safe" house.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Simus and Alice crept down the hallway a ball of light hovering over them to light their way. The hallway wasn't very long: It bended to the right after a few feet. They held at the corner, staying behind the bend and dousing their light to achieve concealment. Alice donned her blue cloak and put the hood up, completey covering her face. She then quietly casted invisibility and muffle on herself. In theory this would make her impossible to detect, but she had learned through hard won experience to never take chances when trying to remain hidden. As such, she adjusted her sword so it wouldn't rattle, readied her bow and slowly creeped around the corner, sticking to the shadows as much as possible. She was just outside the range of the torch lighting the corner. There was no gap she could slip through and the direct light may reveal her sillouette for a couple of seconds, giving any watcher with a keen eye her position. She concluded that her precautions made crossing the light an acceptable risk and jumped through it, going from shadow to shadow in less than a second. Anyone who saw her would only have had a spit second to look for a vague camoflaged outline but if there was a vampire watching she could still be seen. She would just have to hope for the best.

Simus ramained just beyond the torchlight, ready to come to Alice's rescue at a moment's notice. If she needed him, she would use a verbal fear spell to emit an earsplitting screech. Anything within twenty feet that had a brain would experience a few moments of complete terror, theoretically dazing and panicking any attackers long enough for Simus to get there and help. Nevertheless, he kept his ears open for any sound that might indicate she had been compromised.

Alice continued to creep along and she spotted an Argonain woman in the shadows, along with the red-haired vampire woman she had tended to. They were looking right at her, though she couldn't tell if they had seen her or if they were just looking in her direction. The Thalmor vampire was deeper in the room, back by the stream that was running through it. Alice was genuinly curious about that: a natural source of running water in such a place woud be very useful. Whoever built this place must have been clever indeed. She wondered what else might be down here. There wasn't time to reflect on this however, as the Thalmor vampire was on alert and scanning the room. Alice concealed herself in the corner opposite the side where the Argonian woman was. She quietly drew her fire-enchanted bow and readied an ebony arrow.

From her position she had a commanding view of the room and all three of its occupants. The others must be further inside, possibly behind one of the wooden doors to her far left. Trying to leave and report back would be too risky, so all she could to was watch these people and see if they came out to investigate. If so then she would help her father after he engaged them. If not, she would be stuck here unless she called for help. The good news was that covert observation was something Alice excelled at. Her enchantments would last until she was attacked or she broke them herself. She would watch and wait.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Phoenix listened carefully, her breath slow and even. She still heard a soft patter of steps but it could easily be confused for the babbling brook. So she stayed where she was until she felt eyes on her. Her senses were keen and she listened intently until she heard the notching of an arrow against a bow and her eyes snapped to a corner.

"So you come into my home and then attempt to attack us?" She asked quietly in a murmur in more of a rhetorical question to herself than to anyone in particular. She stayed in her position and waited for the other, but she kept her wide eyes on the spot where the sound had emanated.

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
    Arillious woke up to the terrible stench of rotting corpses.

Opening his eyes, he lay face to face with two draugr on top of him.

Freaking out, he pushed with all his strength, knocking them off of the young Imperial's body.

A sigh of relief occurred after realizing they were dead.

He started a slow roll, away from the bodies of the two draugr. He rolled over, into his stomach, resting. He was tired from the fighting.

After a minute, he rolled over again and sat up. What was a battlefield was now a graveyard.

Bodies of both draugr and some brave warriors that died defending Ivarstead lie lifeless on the cold ground. It was like a bad dream, and Arillious thought he was dead, witnessing what was the afterlife of soldiers that died in battle. He saw no signs of anybody who were alive the last time he checked. Looking down, he noticed a gleaming shard of what was once a sword. The odd thing was it was going right through Arillious' lower body. He couldnt feel this wound. Blood soaked the armour surrounding it.

Arillious wasn't shocked, scared, or angry. He was tired, and felt drained. Slowly, he let himself rest right on the ground, with his right side on the ground as to not move the sword at all. He bent his legs, and put his hands under his armpits, crossing his arms against his chest to keep warm, he began to realize the cold weather more than usual.

He had his back against Ivarstead, looking at the black hole that was the origin of all the draugr. It was what he stared at until closing his eyes.

Humbungala

Do they take us as fools? What point is there in hiding. Morrigan stood there, her gaze never venturing from the end of the hallway where the generals were standing. She wondered how long they would actually stand there before anything happened. Morrigan did not know whether they wanted to fight or to just talk. One person was invisible, but through her heart beat, Morrigan sensed that she was standing a few feet directly in front of her. She knew that they would never let a gang of vampires roam around without trying to destroy them. These stormcloaks never know when to draw the damn line. Morrigan drew her daggers and called out, "Don't think I know you're there. You heart beats louder then a new born baby cries. Come out and throw down your weapons. You're out numbered and trust me, if you do anything stupid, you won't leave this place alive." She wasn't sure if they had known of Severus' condition, but she tried to intimidate them as best as she could to make her demand convincing. Even if they did know, she was sure that Sings and herself could handle the two.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    The female vampire had her daggers drawn and was looking Alice streight in the eye. She had been compromised. At this point she had two options: fire her readied arrow without the element of surprise at a dangerous vampire who could probably dodge it, or give herself up and stall them long enough for dad to go outside and get reinforcements. Either way she couldn't fight her way out so she chose the latter option. Dad would hear her voice and know what was going on. He would then go topside, gather a squad and come to her rescue. Until then, she had to stay calm. This was a good time to find out who these people were and why R'alle was with them.

She cancelled her invisibility and muffle spells, stepped out of the shadows and put her hood down, showing her young pale face in the torchlight. She positoned herself so the way out was behid her. If things got desperate she would at least have an exit. She looked at the female vampire square in the eye and allowed her millitary training to take over.

"Hello again madame vampire." Alice said, giving her a polite courtsy. "I'm glad to see that you're well. Psyrakon, Captain, 112935."

After hearing this, Simus turned from his listening spot around the corner and sprinted out of the celler. Upon clearing the doors, he ran outside back to where the barrow was. The field had become a graveyard, littered with drauger corpses and a few brave Stormcloaks. He quickly found Friga and her squad policing the bodies for weapons and armor. They were taken aback by his sudden appearence but immediately stood at attention.

"We've found a secret complex below the house just behind the inn. The vampires have fled to this place and Captain Psyrakon has been compromised while attempting to destroy them. I need you to come with me right now and...

He then saw Arillious' body laying among a pile of corpses with a sword through his side. Simus couldn't tell if he was dead or alive. He immediatly got down and tried to shake him awake.

"Arillious?" Simus said. "Arillious? Are you allright? Can you hear me?"

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts