• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Phoenix patted Morrigan on the back as she sat down beside her and cast a friendly gaze towards her. She turned her attention back the General as he finished writing down everything. She listened attentively to what Morrigan had said to the man and watched him examine both of them carefully. Phoenix looked over Morrigan again wondering if she should try to create a cover for her name or if she should just let Morrigan decide for herself. Phoenix after all didn't know the girl very well.

"General, is it possible to come back to us? She is very tired and you of all people should know what traveling does to a young body." She looked pleadingly at him until she remembered the bit about Salthar being a Thalmor agent. It was possible that her acting was falling a little short from the look in the man's eyes as he glanced over her, so she needed to do something to make it more believable. Her eyes widened, and she breathed in sharply as she asked, "I just remembered hearing them calling that man a Thalmor agent...is it - is it true sir? Are there still Thalmor in Skyrim?" She flicked her tail gently against the bed as she finished her question, her face a mask of wonder and ignorance.

"I still remember the war...it was so terrible..." she paused and added exasperatedly, "Things like this do not surprise me as much anymore.."

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Alice felt a little better as Arillious held her in his long warm arms. His words were kind and she wanted to believe him but she was so scared. So much could go wrong between now and then and she saw so little. Why now, of all times, did the gods see fit to hide things from her? She simply didn't understand and that made things worse.

She snuggled up next to Arillious and hugged him back, holding onto him as if her life depended on it. She sobbed into his chest for several minutes, simply needing to be held.

She slowely quieted down and looked into his eyes with deep longing. Her face was covered in tears an she had dripped several onto his armor.

"I'm so sorry." She said softly, her voice still thick with sadness despite having stopped crying for the moment. "I've killed so many men during this war. Good men who were fighting for their Empire. Men that you bled with and called brothers. Oh Ari, you must think I'm a wretch for what I've done but I believe in Ulfric. We all did. We really thought it was the right thing to do at the time. Only now do dad and I realize we were wrong and I'm so scared. I've never been more scared. Please believe me."

She was pleading with him now.

"Even when we took Solitude, even when I was caught up in bloodlust like everyone else, I never stopped thinking about you. I love you Arillious. I love you more than you could imagine. I want to go home, back to Cyrodiil. I want us both to go home. Together. I don't want to fight anymore. I want to be safe. I want to be with you."

Alice looked into Arillious' eyes with complete honestly. She had just given up her heart, again, and she was desperate for him to accept it.

R'alle

young but able
    R'alle rolled over now laying on his side. He was in deep sleep dreaming about horror. He dreamed that the stormcloaks were angering his vampire friends.

(In Dream)
    R'alle awoke to a cold touch on his neck. He awoke and yawned. He was about to exit the room when the scent hit his nose. He almost vomited as he looked around the room.There was blood everywhere. Simus was dead on the floor same as The argonian woman. Morrigan sat Sucking her fingers. Her eyes frightened R'alle they were Dark Red. She spoke calmly "Morning.....You just missed breakfast."

R'alle crawled back closer to the bed frame. He released his claws for defense and prepared for an attack. Morrigan simply shook her head smiled. She then turned around and started rummaging through a satchel. Salthar and Serverus came in. They looked at R'alle expecting him to run.

He knew better he sat and waited. Salthar looked at Morrigan and spoke. "I see you also followed through the plan. You missed the feast outside...I just love Nordic blood....I see you have another one here." Morrigan shook her head as she stood. "Nah I'm full" Salthar walked towards R'alle slowly. "Alice?Arillous?" R'alle worried for his friends. Salthar shook his head smiling "No my boy...The girl was first..The imperial was quite delicate."
    R'alle leaped from the bed and slid under Serverus. He opened the door and ran. The Inn was covered in blood no survivors.

R'alle opened the door outside and ran out. He looked around and saw bodies sprawled over the town. Stormcloaks seemed to attack each other villagers torn in half. R'alle cried as he ran. He felt a cold hand on the back off his neck. He was pulled from the ground. His heart dropped as he heard Salthar speak.
    "Tsk...Tsk....Tsk."

(Reality)

R'alle awoke in panic. He quickly put his back against the bed frame. He watched as Simus continued to interrogate the argonian and the vampire woman. He breathed heavily as he caressed the lynx pendant.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Friga looked at the insolent Nord vampire and focused with all her might to hold back the tears of rage and sorrow welling up in her eyes. He had pushed all the right buttons. She'd been fighting this war ever since Ulfric killed High King Torygg and until now she had never doubted his intentions, never given a though as to what would happen if they won. She focused on her job and took orders well, just as a soldier was supposed to do. Not ever her old commander, a rare Imperial Stormcloak and one of the bravest men she knew, could shake her faith in Ulfric. Now however Ulfric was High King, Skyrim was free, they had won. Ulfric had given the Nords everything he had promised and more. Deporting the Kahjiit caravans, building ghettos for everyone who wasn't a Nord, making the Grey Quarter even worse by taking away the Dark Elves property rights and freedoms. Windhelm, the greatest city in Skyrim and her home, had become an armed camp. Everyone's activities were controlled by the Stormcloaks, right down to when and what children ate, and it only started with Windhelm. All of Skyrim was in a permenant state of emergency. Everyone was under martial law and anyone who questioned it, Nord or no, was put to death for being "disloyal."

Friga was no longer a soldier, she was an oppressor. She still heard the screams of the Legion soldiers she killed but at least she believed in something back then. At least her heart was in it. Now she was doing her job because she was ordered to. The joy and the honor she once felt was gone. Maybe General Tullius was right about Ulfric after all.

She drew her banded iron shield and skyforge steel longsword, the shield shimmering with a magic-stopping ward and the sword ablaze with arcane fire. Two farewell gifts from her Captain before his promotion.

"Listen to me you monster, because I'm only saying this once. Afterwards my sword does the talking." Friga said, hiding most, but not all of her anger and regret. "You and your friend put your weapons down, shut up and walk back into that burial chamber while you still can. Otherwise, we'll tie you both down and watch you burn in the sun! You understand me!?"

Ralof, her second in command, stepped forward.

"What are your orders Legate?" He asked before looking at her. He than saw she was upset and was concerned. "Friga? Are you all right?"

"Don't worry about me Ralof. I'll be fine." Friga said. "Tell the men to stand down and go get the General. Tell him we have a...situation...that requires his immediate attention."

"Aye ma'am." Ralof said, saluting his superior officer and old friend.

"Hold your positons but stand down!" Ralof said. "I'm going to get the Genreral! He'll know what to do with thse bloodsuckers!"

Ralof then left the area and walked toward the inn.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
    "You didn't really think I would let you talk to these fools alone, did you?" Severus' smirk almost turned into a small smile after his friend joined him. "I had a feeling you'd come join the party." He joked.

He then noticed he pushed the woman's buttons. Which to him was a good thing. He also noticed a flash in her eyes and her facial muscles tense. "My my... Looks like I've hit her where it counts." He filed the knowledge for later, if he needed. They were adults yes, but he didn't know how many snide or crude retorts they would exchange at each other.

She drew her sword which appeared to be a well balanced blade... And on closer inspection, it was actually a Skyforged Steel Sword. Which was a very fine blade, he had to admit. The Skyforged was a blessing for warriors and blacksmiths alike. He also noticed her shield in which seemed like a finely crafted defensive item. Noting these items, if she had gotten to wield them then she definately had potential.

"Although... I'm sure Ulfric spoils all of his lackies and 'do-gooders'." He commented dryly in his head. His face had darkened for a moment as he thought this. Then the woman spoke.

"Listen to me you monster, because I'm only saying this once. Afterwards my sword does the talking." Severus raised his eyebrow. "Brave... But stupid nonetheless." He listened with a straight face as she continued, "You and your friend put your weapons down, shut up and walk back into that burial chamber while you still can. Otherwise, we'll tie you both down and watch you burn in the sun! You understand me!?"

He looked long and hard at her. He had to used all his might not to erupt into a belly laugh, for it wasn't her fault that she didn't know he and Salthar were Vampire Lords. They were blessed with the direct gift of Molag Bal himself. Which in turn, gave them more resistance to the sun that ordinary vampires.

But the sun still hurt occasionally and thus, was annoying all the same.

He saw a young man with hair that cascaded just below his shoulders and tied in some parts. It was blonde, but a tinge of brown. "What are your orders Legate?" The man asked before looking at her. "Friga? Are you all right?"

Shaking off the question and saying she was just fine she ordered, "Tell the men to stand down and go get the General. Tell him we have a...situation...that requires his immediate attention."

"Situation indeed." Severus said under his breath.

The man supposedly Ralof saluted and marched off to find the General while ordering the men, "Hold your positons but stand down!" He said. "I'm going to get the General! He'll know what to do with thse bloodsuckers!"
    Severus twisted his face into a snarl that showed his pronounced canines. Then quickly blanked out his face as if nothing had happened. Salthar and him were now left with this Legate officer who seriously was getting on his nerves. Along with that Ralof boy.

"Well, suppose I deserve their labeling, I just called them barbaric hipocrites technically." He reminded himself.

He looked at her long and hard before replying, "Very well, we'll go inside. But.. Tsk, Tsk. You should know that it's dark and scary down there. I do hope your Commander will be able to go in there with big.. Bad, scary bloodsuckers... Though he is your glorious General and thus, probably disposed of many people. I'm sure he can take care of himself." He smirked.

Turning away he began to walk up the hill but stopped. He turned around and looked at her.

"By the way, if you look around, my friend and I are definately no the only monsters here. To call us that would... What's the saying? Ah yes, 'the pot calling the kettle black.' Choose your words carefully Legate." He then did something that nobody would suspect. Not even from a 'bloodsucker'.

He saluted the Legate with a sign of respect, then spun on his feet and went inside the chamber knowing that Salthar would follow him. She may be a stormcloak but she was a commendable soldier. And she might have shown a hint of regret. For that, he saluted her. Not just for her rank, but her: The woman named Friga.

Humbungala

"It's okay Sings. I had been travelling from Riften. You see I like to collect rare species of flowers to use in my alchemy and even plant in my own garden.. I heard of a rare flower that was on the trail of the seven thousand steps. On my way I had run into a group of bandits who attacked me and killed my horse.. I almost barely got away." Morrigan let out a fake sob and forced tears from her eyes. "I had that horse since I was a little girl, a gift from my father." Morrigan wiped her eyes and looked up to the general. "I'm so sorry. I just need some time alone. Something to distract my mind." Morrigan cleaned up her tears and pretended to "compose" herself. She had not forced herself to tears for many years since she was stealing from the lords in Jehanna. She shut her eyes tightly as to distract herself from that memory. It was a memory she did not want to revisit.

Morrigan sat on the bed next to the Khajiit boy and said "Forgive me for being no help.. you've just caught me in a troubled time." With that, Morrigan laid her head on the pillow of the bed and pretended to try to get some rest.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar didn't say a word during the conversation, because, being a vampire lord, and a Thalmor commanding officer as well, he probably would only make the situation worse by speaking. So he suffered in silence as the Stormcloak soldier said her piece, and when she warned the pair off, he turned, smiling grimly. His companion was certainly gifted with words, the Altmer noted with satisfaction, hearing the strain in her voice, and tightness of her jaw.

Together, the vampires walked at a calm and unhurried pace towards the burial chamber once again, and once inside, Salthar reclined against the far wall, casually crossing one leg over the other. " I wonder if our valiant Stormcloak general will venture in here without his army?" He sneered, checking his sword. He could kill equally well unarmed or with magic, but it was still satisfying to watch a blade sink into the flesh of a doomed opponent. " After all, these Stormcloaks are such a superstitious bunch" he remarked, completely at ease. A glance to his companion showed that he too seemed hardly worried about meeting this 'general'.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    "No, there's no need to apologize. It's all right." Simus said soothingly to the Breton woman. After recording her statement, he looked at R'alle, who was looking a little shaken after his sudden waking. What was he doing away from the orphanage? It certainly wasn't the best of accommodations but it was a stable roof over his head and Constance was so much better at looking after the children than Grelod ever was. She was able to give R'alle what he really needed and that's why Simus and Alice left him in her care six months ago. If these people had adopted R'alle, good for him but they were a strange bunch.

They were also a buch of liars. Good ones, but liars nontheless. This woman, Morrigan as she addressed herself, was a vampire. The tint in her eyes was light but still noticable and Jeroo Shei had taught Simus what to look for. R'alle was in serious danger if he was travelling with these people but it was a bad idea to publically expose a vamire. People tended to die when that happened. Simus would file that away for later.

"I'd like to finish up with R'alle alone if you don't mind." Simus said. "Why don't you two go out to the bar and have a drink. Once I'm done with R'alle, I'll..."

His sentince was cut off by a loud knock on the door again.

"Hold that thought. I'll be right back." He said, leaving the room to examine what the racket was.

"General! Simus! Are you in there!? We've got an emergency! The vampires want to talk to you!" Ralof yelled from outside the door. Simus cursed under his breath.

"Stand back Ralof! I'm unlocking the door!" Simus replied. He did so and opened it for Ralof. "Casulties?"

"Just the two wounded sir, and they've been brought by stretcher back to the barraks. Elsie says they'll be all right."

"Good to hear it. I'll be right with you." He said. He needed to message Alice and give her an update. She and Arillious would want to help, but the safest thing they could do right now is hide. The link between them allowed them to talk in their heads to each other. He opened his mind to hers but when he was about to report he heard her crying. This made the protective father in him instantly worried.

"I'm afraid I'm needed outside. We'll continue this when I get back. Please stay in here or at the bar until I return. I'm sorry about this citizens, but thank you for your cooperation." He said, passing by their room before heading to the door and messaging Alice.

Alice, we've got a situation I need you to...Alice? Honey? What's going on in there? What's wrong?

Nothing's going on dad. I'm fine Alice thought back, her mind just as tear stained as her face.

No you're not. You're spilling over with tears. What happened honey? Why are you so sad? Is it seeing Arilious again?

Pretty much, yeah. He's holding me, trying to make me feel better, but after what we did in the war I just can't face him dad. I still love him.

Honey, you've got nothing to be ashamed of. You did your job as a solider. You only did what you had to do. You never forgot Arillious, and he still loves you for it. You know he does. Now, there's a situation outside that I need to help with. You guys stay in the room and we'll talk when I'm done. We're all in this together sweetheart. All three of us. I promise you you will not lose him again, and I'm not going anywhere either, okay?

Okay dad. I believe you. Good luck out there. Promise me you won't do anything stupid okay.

Okay honey. I won't. Dry those tears when I get back okay? I don't like seeing my little faerie so sad. I'm gonna cancel the link. I've gotta go, okay?

Okay. I love you dad.

I love you too sweetie. Bye bye.

He cut the link off and setpped outside with Ralof.

"Sorry about that. Alice needed to talk to me. Lead the way."

"Aye sir."

Simus and Ralof headed back over to the burial chambers where the rest of the soldiers were. They all saluted him and were much more confident in his presence. He walked over to Friga.

"Ralof's filled me in on what's going on. You're releaved Legate. Good job keeping things under control."

"Thank you General." Friga said, saluting him and giving him a smile. "It's good to see you again sir. How does it feel to be getting your arse kissed by every Jarl from here to Falkreath eh?"

"Oh, good food, good wine, lots of people who want to tell you how special you are. You'd hate it. Good to see you too Friga. You look good in that uniform." Simus said, giving Friga a prideful look after his joke. It was his recommendation that got Friga her set of Stormcloak Officer's armor with scaled boots, gloves and helmet under the bear pelt. The armor came from Ulfric, but she had earned every bit of it herself. The sword and shield were his work. He forged and enchanted them himself as a promotion present. She was so overwhelmed with joy that she hugged him. Only they knew that of course.

"Thank you sir. I'm glad to be out here training these men. I'll make sure they're ready for the elves. Also, I'd like to stick around if you don't mind."

"Sure. I could use your help." Simus said. He saluted her out of respect, causing her to rememeber the vamire doing the same thing and dumbfounding her. Simus then stepped forward and projected his best Legion Officer's voice.

"All right vampires! We're done screwing around! Come out with your hands up or we're comming in! You've got ten seconds to think it over! Then we add you to a big list of Volkhir casulties!"

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Phoenix watched Morrigan's terrific display of tears and had to resist a small smile. This man was observant, and she wasn't quite sure if he was buying their stories. If he wasn't then he was settling for what he had just gotten. The General had said that he wanted to talk to R'alle alone. There was no doubt in Phoenix's mind that he wanted to interrogate the poor boy about Morrigan and herself. She was about to improvise when a man named Ralof came and exchanged a few words about the vampires outside asking for him. Luckily, the General decided to leave but told them to stay put. Like that's really going to happen. Phoenix though to herself as she listened for their receding footsteps.

"We need to leave now." She whispered to them urgently, her voice hissed with her need to leave. She got up quickly and made sure the door was shut securely before locking it once more. She walked briskly over to the window and opened it quietly, the glass only dully squeaked against the wood as she did. It wasn't loud enough to alert anyone to what she was doing unless they were in the room or really close to the wall in one of the surrounding rooms. She stuck her head out quickly and examined the surroundings of the outside. This window led to the back of the tavern and it was apparent in the snow that only the tavern maids had walked back her to fetch fire wood. Good for covering out future tracks...Satisfied, she turned to Morrigan and the boy.

"It's almost morning and I know you don't want to deal with him again." She directed her urgent whispers to Morrigan, staring at her hard.

"Because I'll be damned to Oblivion if that Stormcloak slaps me in irons any time soon." She stayed by the window with her reptilian ears sharp to any sound.

"And you R'alle. You seem to know this man. He's probably going to kill those vampires outside. What were their names? Severus and Salthar? They would probably kill her," she pointed at Morrigan, "too if you don't keep your mouth shut and tag along. But if you'd like to wait, please announce it now, so I don't waste my time." Her voice wasn't harsh, it was simply to the point. She didn't want to be caught, and she didn't want this Khajiit letting on that he knew anything if he even did know anything at all. She just remember Severus telling her about Morrigan protecting the boy from them and she played on that. Or tried to.

"I am not trying to be insensitive. You just seem like a smart boy, and I would hate for me to have to resent you." She looked back over to Morrigan with a cool collection of herself. She flicked her tail deciding silently to herself that if either waited too long to answer that she would bolt and regroup with the vampires, if they proved to be alive by the time night fell upon them again.

Humbungala

"We need to leave now" Sings-In-The-Wind had said, thinking the same as Morrigan. Morrigan quickly got up and grabbed her daggers from behind the bed. By the way the general had sounded, she had a feeling that he didn't buy into her story at all. Her daggers remained in her hand and she stood ready at the window. Morrigan was insulted by the argonian's comment of the stormcloaks killing her. "They won't be able to kill me without their general going down with me as well. That, however, we dont need on our hands." She spat. Morrigan did not like being underestimated.

She turned to the khajiit boy, "Hurry up, cat, we haven't got all day and I swear if you get us caught, I'll drain every last drop of blood from your little mammalian body."

R'alle

young but able
    R'alle truly didn't want to leave Simus and Alice. But he knew he had to protect his current group. They had a cause....A great one. And honestly R'alle thought Simus was slowing them down. Is he trying to slow us down? R'alle regretted thinking like that.

"And you R'alle. You seem to know this man. He's probably going to kill those vampires outside. What were their names? Severus and Salthar? They would probably kill her," she pointed at Morrigan, "too if you don't keep your mouth shut and tag along. But if you'd like to wait, please announce it now, so I don't waste my time.

She turned to the khajiit boy, "Hurry up, cat, we haven't got all day and I swear if you get us caught, I'll drain every last drop of blood from your little mammalian body."
    R'alle's body froze. Was his dream telling him something? He nodded quickly and stood. He walked next the argonian. He didn't want to become morrigan's snack. He looked at the woman again. She wasn't lying....He didn't want to think about it anymore.

He spoke softly "Sorry...."

(I changed my text color. It seemed to already being used.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Phoenix smiled to the boy as he stared fearfully at Morrigan.

"It's okay R'alle. Save your apologies for another day." She murmured to the boy instantly softened by the expression on his face. She almost regretted being rushed with him but she hardened her resolve and picked him up gently and putting him on the ground outside. She stood and looked at Morrigan.

"I wasn't insulting you." She was short, but to the point. She moved herself through the window and held out her hand for R'alle to grasp as she started along the wall. All was clear, and with the investigation going on she knew it would be. There were a couple of barrels in the corner of the tavern and a house. It was a dead end, and there was a stack of fire-logs against the wall.

"You can't tell anyone about this okay? This is our secret." She whispered to him and Morrigan assuming she had followed. The sun was painting the far regions of clouds. The clouds that she could see anyways were being colored a soft orange color. She pushed a plank forwards on one of the barrels, and the barrel moved down and to the side under the ground. There was a staircase there after and a torch a little ways down waiting to be lit.

"You should go first." She murmured to R'alle as she checked over her shoulder.

"We'll be safe here. I promise you. No one knows this is here, and no one can track our tracks among the others."

Dabiene Caristiana

The man rolled his eyes at the Generals forwardness. "At least he doesn't beat around the blasted bush." He snarked in his head.

Opening the door he mocked back at him, "Oh but we are not just big and bad scary Volkihar men are we Salthar?" He looked over at his friend then shouted out the door again. "Come on, what fun would it be if we just came out there in the hot... Hot... Sun. We already went out there, so why don't you be that wonderful gentleman you are so hailed to be, and come over here instead?"

He could tell the soldiers out there were most likely having their jaws drop or making some sort of face that said, "Are you kidding me?". "That said, come over here with one of your trusty soldiers so you have a witness incase something goes wrong. And no, we won't suck you dry you morons, we are much more mature than that... Right Salthar?" The last part was directed at his friend. He wanted to be sure that he wouldn't do anything drastic.

His point about this conversation that he wanted them to understand, was that they were adults, and were mature, and if the General couldn't handle himself without his pathetic guards watching over him well... He basically signed off permission for bragging rights... Bragging rights for the public to use to call him a coward.

At least in Severus' eyes.

"So choose now, and act like an adult about it. If not, then come then! Charge! We're giving you a choice. We're all men here. And besides, we have blood potions so don't think we're absolutely starving." Severus hoped the man would come. After all, why would he risk so much just for this idiot to come by alone or possibly with a back up strapped to his arm? He wasn't going to do anything drastic if he wasn't. His father told him to be a negotiable gentleman and he heartily agreed to do so... But he did see the fun in snarking and twisting words to insult idiots alike. That his father didn't teach him. It came naturally over the years.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar sneered as the Nord general ordered the two vampires out into the morning sunlight. Truly, he must have been dimmer than the usual Nord brand, if he believed vampires would willingly walk into the sunlight, especially when their opponents would have the upper hand in a fight. "That said, come over here with one of your trusty soldiers so you have a witness in case something goes wrong. And no, we won't suck you dry you morons, we are much more mature than that... Right Salthar?" Severus continued, glancing at the Altmer.

Salthar made a face, then grinned "Of course not, I have standards, after all" from outside, silence reigned. The Stormcloaks were probably weighing their options, which weren't much. The two vampires could hold off a large force almost in definitively . He felt no temptation to drink from the soldiers, and if their thirst became too great, they could always utilize Severus' blood potions. Should the situation turn violent, he was certain that between Severus and himself, they would tear apart this 'general' and his companion.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    These vampires weren't cooperating and that made Simus' head hurt. Not only were they being insolant by challenging his men, they were insulting his intelligence by suggesting he actually come down there and talk. Friga had become a fine soldier over the last few months, and both of them together could probably take on the two vampires, but at least one of them would die in the process and the other would be severly wounded. There was only one enterance and that means any assault force would be bottlenecked. The vampires would have an easy time slaughtering the men as they tried to storm the chambers, not to mention the drauger they would probably wake up...

wait a minute: that gives me an idea

Simus turned to Friga, his eyes alight with inspiration. "Friga, that new fort south of us across the river, Fort Stonebatter. There's a detachment of battlemages there, right?"

"Yes sir, there is." Friga said. "The fort's a testing range to compare fire and sonic spells to traditonal siege weapons for the purposes of taking down walls and buildings. To help us in our assault on the Aldermi Dominion. I believe it was built under your orders sir."

"How long would it take to get those mages here?" He said.

"Well, if someone left right now, we could probably have a squad here in less than an hour. Why do you ask sir? You don't really intend to demolish those chambers with magic, do you sir?" She asked, seeing such an action as sacraligious.

"No, not with fireballs." Simus said. We'd need a catapult to demolish those chambers, and I don't think Shoar would be very happy if we did that."

He scratched his chin for a moment, thinking.

"It would however shake the place up pretty bad as well as cause a lot of noise. There are a lot of dead down there, and so much noise might disturb them."

"And that would cause the drauger to wake up and clamber toward the noise. Right into the path of the vampires!" Friga exclaimed, seeing exactly where her general was going and loving it. "Oh sir, that's brilliant! Then they'll be forced to come to us or die by the drauger!"

"Exactly." Simus said. "Send your fastest rider to Fort Stonebatter and get Elsie up here. It's time to see if that destruction training she got from the Dawnguard was worth it."

Friga did so, sending out a man on horseback to deliver the message. She than fetche Elsie, who was also happy to see her old commander.

"Reporting for duty sir?" She asked, saluting Simus.

"At ease Elise. It's good to see you again. You've really grown up since you first came to me in The Reach." He said with a fatherly smile. Elsie was a new recruit that Simus had trained at the height of the war. She had grown from a timid young woman into a strong and confident soldier and healer. He was quite proud of her and she reveared him for it.

"Thank you sir." Elsie said. "It's an honor to be in your presence again. Ulfric may be the High King, but so much of his victory, our newfound peace and feedom, it all depended on you."

"I'm just doing my job Elise, same as anyone else." Simus said. Elsie was one of a thousand young soldiers across Skyrim who looked up to Simus like a father. There were days when he had to act like one, even when Alice was nowhere to be seen. He didn't mind though. He was proud to have such an influence on the younger generation. "Now then, I have a job for you. Two vamipires are in that chamber up on the hill over there and they need to be removed. They're not comming out and we can't go in. I think they need a little motivation from the "local residnets.", who won't like it much if they're disturbed. Can you help me?" Simus asked, as he conjured up a fireball spell in each hand.

"Sir yes sir!" Elise said fervently. "If those unholy monsters won't come out, I'll drive them out!"

"Fire when ready." Simu said.

They both released their fireballs, the four missiles hurtling towards the chambers. They collided with the front wall, blowing small chunks out the structure and shaking the ground. The entire chamber was rattled. Simus and Elsie did it again and again, working in shifts to maintain a constant stream of fire on the chambers. The sound of magic impacting stone was constant and deafening. Rienforcements would be here soon and the drauger below would take notice. The vampires would give themselves up or they would die.

Dabiene Caristiana

He covered his ears as he heard the blast. He didn't think they'd actually get a Dawnguard trained mage to do the bloody work!

"Idiots!" He swore. The draugr wouldn't just try to kill Salthar and him, they would kill the whole village! The man was a bloody coward and an idiot as far as Severus was concerned. But nevertheless, daring. He had the correct thought that they would be driven out, but draugr were NOT to be messed with. He had learned that much as he went exploring in his younger years. He looked at his companion and asked the question they were both probably thinking.

"Now what in Oblivion do we do?! Even if we stay down here the draugr are going to slaughter everyone in the blasted town! The imbeciles!"

Then the blasting stopped, he lowered his hands that were covering his ears and looked around the cealing. It was holding obviously, but he sensed something was amiss. Quietly as possible he crept down the ancient corridor with Salthar in tow and peered around the corner. He was expecting Draugr, but this was just asking for suicide.

There was a horde coming after them. And they did NOT look happy.

There was probably fifteen from what he saw, and the noise coming down further probably woken more up from deeper in the chamber. He heard an explorer solved a certain haunting mystery but that still left the stories. He had also opened up an inner chamber with something called a 'dragon claw' and that lead to more Draugr burial chambers.

Crap.

For the second time in his life, he was actually scared for someone else, not just his own. He knew it was a great honor to die in combat, but to be slaughtered? Ehhh no.

Spinning around he grabbed Salthar by the arm and thrust him forwards, "RUN!" There weren't just normal Draugr, he could have sworn there were magic wielding ones too. Which wasn't good.

Both of them bolting through the door Severus shut it firmly and looked around for something to hold the door with. "Damn it!" Running around the bend to the mouth of the mound he screamed at the soldiers, "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MINDS?! There are hordes of the blasted creatures! You didn't just wake simple draugr up! You woke up the whole blasted welcoming committee down there! Now there gonna kill the damned village you idiot!" He looked back and saw Salthar trying to hold the door.

Turning back toward the soldiers he yelled, "Well?! You wanted to be heroes??! Now's your chance! Either fight with us, or run like cowards and evacuate the area. You wanted us out? Well you had us out and made new enemies too!" He ran back into the den and kept holding the door with Salthar. He was sure there might be a Drauger Lord down there as well, usually every ancient chamber had one in there for 'protection'.

They couldn't hold them off indefinately, but if everyone got out of the town they would be fine. Salthar and him were Lords after all and they could definately take out many at a time. And that was without changing into full out Beast Lord form. They couldn't risk it though. Too many lives at stake. Plus the publicity if they were known to be Lords was bad. They would be among the top "Skyrim's Most Wanted" leaderboards.

As he kept holding the door closed he wondered what the female vampire that apparently was named Morrigan as he had overhead, the Argonian, and the Khajiit boy named R'alle.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar grunted as something or perhaps multiple somethings slammed into the other side of the door. "We can't hold this forever!" He called to his companion, but by the look on Severus face, equal parts fury and worry, he already knew that. By the tremendous amount of force that was being used against the door, Salthar supposed the Draugr were lending their undead strength to the initial arrivals.

Despite the enormous strength of the two vampire lords, the door ever so slowly began to push outwards, forcing the vampires back. Growling, Salthar leaned forwards, lifting one arm from the door and releasing a lightning bolt squarely into the leading Draugr's face. However ,as that one fell, it's skull blasted apart, several more joined the crush of bodies forcing the vampires back once more.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Waking up an entire horde of drauger in order to flush out two vampires: not one of Simus' better ideas. Even if these were Lords, and their arrogance seemed to support that, this would be a hard fight. There must be fifty of those monsters down there and he had ten Stormcloaks to work with. Alice was having trouble right now and he understood that, but she needed to get her act together right now. Same with Arillious. They needed all the help the could get. He cast a volume spell on his voice to make it as loud as a dragon's roar.

"CITIZENS OF IVARSTEAD. THIS IS GENERAL SIMUS PSYRAKON. DRAUGER ARE ATTEMPTING TO BREAK OUT OF SHROUD HEARTH BARROW. AS SUCH, I AM DECLARING A STATE OF EMERGENCY. ALL CITIZENS WILL SEEK SHELTER IMMEDIATELY. ANYONE WITH COMBAT EXPERIENCE IS TO REPORT TO SHROUD HEARTH BARROW IMMEDIATELY."

His voice returned to normal levels and within seconds a three man Stormcloak patrol came running to his position, as well as a trio of Nord warriors and a wandering mage. They all stood at attention to await his orders.

"Listen up!" He said. "A hundred drauger are about to swarm this position and we must hold them back. Ready anything you can shoot, throw, chuck or cast from range and wait for my command! I'll try and collapse the chamber exit to buy us some time! Reinforcements are on the way!"

Simus sprinted toward the mouth of the barrow and addressed the Nord vampire standing in the doorway.

"I'm going to move to the door and bring this barrow down with a firestorm spell!" He yelled over the pounding bodies. "You and your friend need to hold that door closed long enough for me to charge, than run like hell before I detonate! We'll bury these drauger alive! Now go!"

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
    When Arillious was on the losing side of the war, Alice seemed to have a lot of time to think. He was glad he knew Alice, she was the first person to care about his well being.

But in reality, she was looking at end the of the road, when they weren't even half way finished.

His whole thought process was interrupted by the echo of a certain General's voice.

"CITIZENS OF IVARSTEAD. THIS IS GENERAL SIMUS PSYRAKON. DRAUGER ARE ATTEMPTING TO BREAK OUT OF SHROUD HEARTH BARROW. AS SUCH, I AM DECLARING A STATE OF EMERGENCY. ALL CITIZENS WILL SEEK SHELTER IMMEDIATELY. ANYONE WITH COMBAT EXPERIENCE IS TO REPORT TO SHROUD HEARTH BARROW IMMEDIATELY."

Arillious was confused in the escalation of what was before just a scream outside the inn into what is now a state of emergency, but he couldn't linger on prediction any longer.

"Come on, you father needs us." He said to Alice, he slung his shield around his back, and picked up his bag with his left hand, while grabbing Alice's hand and leading her to the origin of Simus' screaming with his right.

He ran up the hill, he could see Simus, with a good amount of people gathered around him.

"Spare me the details and get down the point, anyone. I would also like to know how one could possibly awaken Draugr and bring the whole town into a state of emergency in less than an hour."

He said in a sarcastic voice followed by his signature grin. It was kind of nice to be able to fight alongside Simus again. Fighting the undead seemed to be becoming the new trend that linked Stormcloaks and the young Imperial soldier together.

R'alle

young but able
    R'alle nodded at the Argonian woman. He led the way down the stair case.The staircase led to a corner with a torch on the side. R'alle grabbed the torch and peaked around the corner. He saw smooth stone floor and dusty banners all over the wall.

He stepped forward slowly and observed the various plants surrounding a small water stream. R'alle knelt by the stream and dipped his cupped hand in it. He pulled the water to his mouth and drank. "Fresh.." He smiled as he walked further down. He opened a wood door and found a bed laying flat on the floor. He looked around more and found a kitchen,pantry,fireplace,2 bedrooms,and a locked door.

R'alle grew frustrated as he tried to open the locked door. He sighed and gave up. His curiosity grew as he peaked under the door. He saw a carpet of sorts and something against the wall. He sat against the wall and looked at Moriigan and Runs with phoenix "Soo...What now?" His stomach growled as he asked the question.

He was about to go in the pantry until he heard a roar and crashing. It sounded to be on the surface. R'alle quickly picked a wall and sat. He didn't want to go back up.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts