• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

ValkyrieWarrior

The Loner
    Tera stared at the argonian with apprehision. She seemed familiar, though not placing where she had seen her before. "They have always been looking for our kind. This is nothing new to me. Though I do not want to be killed today. Come, we will hide with my siblings."

She turned quickly and crept into a box full of straw. Quickly closing it concealing herself. She whistled twice warning her siblings that there is danger and to hide. She heard shuffles as her two siblings quickly hide in their hiding places.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
    There were a couple things Severus had noticed.

One, that he had a kick out of the young vampire's reaction. Two, that he was well aware of the Khajiit trying to be noble. Three, the guards busting in and shouting being heard and remarks about 'beast' and 'cat'. And the fact that the Argonian ran out the back. "Smart reptillian.." He smirked under his hood.

Now however, the four guards that busted in were upstarting peace. "Pathetic politics and race... Always getting in the way of so called 'peace'..." The mercenary Khajiit started to urge Himself and the Shadowed archer to save themselves.

And as such, Severus was at the crossroads. He could walk calmly out the door since that he was a Nord he got a lot of 'free passes' due to his race and his supposed 'superiority'. He wasn't much for fighting, but this was just insane. Not to mention a waste of time. "All for upholding a poor bar maiden's 'honor'" He thought to himself.

He saw the Khajiit barely missing a blow and barely heard light footsteps on the roof. "Again... Smart reptillian"

Severus had enough. Luckly in his spare time he had made some interesting... Excape scenarios. Being a Vampire Lord had its advantages... And disadvantages. Needing to feed was one of them. Although Serana did have the curtisy to supply him with Blood Potions, it only did so much to sate his natural hunger.

He was wearing a cloak, which helped to bring out three small balls of tar with what looked like fuses secretly. Salt and Sugar went well together. Especially when ground up into a fine powder. In his other hand, were what looked like 3 big needles. In truth, they were stun needles. Needing to escape was essential now more than ever now-a-days. He also had his injury to worry about. Unfortunately he didn't carry any 'flash balls' with him. Of course they were only proto-types and one of the members of the imfamous Vampire clan almost got blown up. And was almost perminantly blinded.

He didn't want a hefty bounty, so killing guards wasn't an option. Not to mention since Ulfric took power over Skyrim the holds (Depending on the population size) varied in guard Garrison between 25 to even 50 guards.

Severus started to grin and promptly scattered the smoke bombs hard. Inside were compounds in which if it came with impact, would explode and smoke would scatter everywhere. It was ingenious, and the Dark Brotherhood bought them by the wagon load.

He couldn't see anything in the smoke. His eye sight wasn't the best, even with vampire vision. Instead he listened. And smelled. He heard the gasping and coughing and found 3 guards, and stuck the needles near the spine. They didn't have much armor, just a helmet and some blue clothes. It was idiotic to Severus to say the least. The fourth guard was still caughing when he reached him and gripped his neck and pressed a certain area. The guard passed out cold. When he got to the Khajiit his voice rang out close to his ear. "I appreciate the welcome wagon of your Chivalry, but even a soul as brave as you doesn't deserve to die by these 'mudcrab people'."

As such, he grab the sword and put it in the Khajiits sheeth and somehow threw him over his shoulder. The guards and all the residence within the tavern were still gasping. The pale man chuckled. That really was powerful stuff. Bolting down the back way where the Argonian ran, he went out the back allies into the shadows. When they reached the General Store he put down the Khajiit. "Sorry, but I'm not exactly the strongest one around. Your going to have to make it on your own. Unless you want to follow a dark and creepy pale man of course."

He heard shouting and bolted to the back ally again and climbed the house known as Breeze Home. He saw a window a grabbed the edge, opened the window and swung in. He landed with a quiet thud. He silently hoped the Khajiit would excape like he said to Ivarstead. He peered into the darkness and saw figures crouching, as if hiding.

His thick deep voice rang out into the night with amusement. "Well, well... What do we have here?"

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Runs-With-Phoenix nodded, lowering her outreached hand. It did not surprise her that the Khajiit had not taken it eagerly, their races would have gone to war long ago if Cyrodill had not been there breaking the land between BlackMarsh and Elswyer.

She heard the thud of a newcomer after she heard the slide of a still functioning, and unbroken, window. The words floated through the air towards her, "Well, well... What do we have here?", and she stood up, hoping that the others were safely hidden from the newcomers view. But, that voice...it sounded so familiar and the figure...his skin was so pale even from this far away. The shadows could only do so much to hide the unnatural paleness, but then again, she thought, that's probably why he wears a hood.

"Quickly hide! We must wait out the guards' searches! There are young ones we must attend to before ourselves!" She whispered urgently through the air before she turned and buried herself in the hay next to the crate where the young Khajiit had hidden herself. Phoenix quickly made a small hole in the hay for her line of vision and settled herself wishing desperately that the pale man would comply and not ask, or speak for that matter, any more questions.

Tyrone

Ro'an would be severely dazed, but would not back at the nord, "Thank you again, stranger. May our paths cross again. In fact, stranger, khajiit owes you his life. Ro'an will pledge his life in service to you, if you accept." He would say as he heaved himself up, stumbling as he did so. He would look to the strangers in the darkness, making out four bodies, and he would look to the nord again, waiting for orders.

ValkyrieWarrior

The Loner
    Hearing voices outside her box so she did not move. In the distance she heard shouting and the jangle of swords. She grabbed her twin swords that lay beside her. Her mother's armor sat in the pile in front of her untouched. She wore her father's thief armor though she like her mother's better. She wished she had time to change into it but she didn't, so she placed it into her bag and swung it onto her back. She waited patiently hoping the soliders would skip the breezehome.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    (hey, I'm the new guy)

Salthar entered the city under the cover of darkness. The guards were searching for....something, and didn't pay much attention to the hooded and robed figure that slipped in with the black of night. He could tell something big had just gone on, and with the desperate search going in every corner of the city, it seemed the the Altmer vampire would go unnoticed.

"Pity, it seems like I missed all the fun" he muttered to himself.
    He wasn't foolish enough to try speaking to any of the guards. With Ulfric in charge, and his minions in every city from Windhelm to Markarth, it was unlikely anyone that wasn't a Nord was going to be treated equally by the guards.

Silently, he slipped between houses, avoiding the bright lights of torches and larger groups of guards.

Dabiene Caristiana

Severus snapped at attention. He did hear the Khajiit mercenary as he fled past, him giving him orders. He hoped him leaving him there would give him the most direct order: Save yourself, and never turn back. He had learned that the hard way at an early age.

But that was not what caused to him to be weary. "Quickly hide! We must wait out the guards' searches! There are young ones we must attend to before ourselves!" The argonian that was in the pub that crawled on the rooftops and over the buildings, was here. In here. The pale man chuckled. He himself had made the same gamble. And so did a family of Khajiit. "Very well, but if we get caught, cover the youngsters' eyes. I don't like young people seeing bloodshed... I've been through that myself. As have many of us. And keep quiet. If they come in here, I want you to run. No stall and help, run." It wasn't as if he wanted to help the little group.. Ok perhaps it was. But he was starting to get annoyed with Ulfric and is vagabond like goons for gaurds. Ever since the war ended, Serana had to buckle down even more in giving him blood potions. If any vampire were caught, they were taken to Solitude, where Ulfric would have civilians treat them like clowns, demons, filthy animals. That was until his kin were beheaded. He snarled quietly at the thought. He looked up at the rafters and beams holding up the cealing and supporting the buildings structure. "Perfect."

He jumped and grabbed one of the beams. Seeing it could support him and hoisted himself up, and backed himself up against the inner part of the roof. He slid out Dagon's Dagger then crouched. Severus waited patiently, his body cloaked in the shadows.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar stopped short of a small house, his senses tingling. There was another of the undead nearby....very near. Turning to the dwelling, he tuned in his formidable senses. Yes, there definitively was something not alive in the building "How...Interesting" he mused. Salthar decided to observe, and wondered why a group of mortals were in there with the other vampire. Tensing, he leapt to the roof, crouching down to minimize his profile.

He had no wish to massacre the assembled guards, mostly because it would use to much magicka for his liking. And he always hated to get his blade wet fighting those that were beneath him....'like those filthy Nords' he thought.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    The guards were such heavy footed oafs even the tiny Khajiit that were hiding, she was sure at least, could hear their steps in their frantic searching. She breathed very shallowly, hoping not to disturb the hay that rested around her. The group of guards ran past shouting orders. Runs-With-Phoenix took a sharp breath in when she heard a set of feet falter before the home that was now not much more than a large shack.

"Should we check this house, sir?" She heard the gruff voice of a no doubt burly Nord man. There was a grunt and then a loud negative reply. "No...no they wouldn't hide in there. They must have fled the city. What are you thinking wasting time like this!" The guards feet pattered away, and Phoenix let out a soft breath of air. No blood-shed today...good, she thought to herself as she waited a minute or two before shaking off the hay.

She looked up at the rafters where the pale man was waiting with his blade out. Perhaps he was hoping for more bloodshed, he was a vampire anyways.

"I would suggest you all leave." She turned towards the broken window on the back wall of the top floor where they were residing and made towards it. She put her hands and a foot on the sill of the window and then turned her scaly face back towards the company in the room, "Ulfric wouldn't mind slaughtering the young, it makes no difference to the tyrant." She propelled herself out of the window and onto the roof from which she ran to the edge and latched onto the brick wall that surrounded the city. From there she climbed onto the top of the wall and ran along the top towards a tree that was growing outside the wall. She leaped, landed in the tree roughly, the tree swayed slightly, and then made her way down after observing the area.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    After watching the guards move past, not even bothering to check the house Salthar was crouching on. "Idiots" he muttered, dropping to the ground. He opened the door, slipping in quietly. " I know you're here" he said, his tone conversational. " and if you want to survive, you should probably get out of here"
    He noticed the vampire in the rafters, and glanced up "Hello, brother" he called up to the man.

He could hear the breaths of the mortals in the room, high pitched and panicky. Their blood called to him, but through an effort of will, he closed the door to the house and waited for the group. "If you don't mind...I could assist you in your travels" He wasn't sure why he offered, but he had nothing better to do, and the fact that another vampire was with them interested him very much. The opportunity to learn more was too much to pass up.

Dabiene Caristiana

The young man watched as the Argonian leapt out. She was right. If they didn't get out of town while the guards were running around like idiots, they would lose their chance. If the guards gave up the search, they would go back to their original posting positions, and once they were spotted, it was all for nothing.

Severus sheathed his weapon as a Mer man entered the house. He was tall he could tell. And as he spoke he sounded of High Elf origin. Though it was true that there was a swagger and egotisical nonsense about the Altmer, he knew that not all of them were stuck up idiots. And there was something appealing to this High elf.

The elf looked up and stated, "Hello, brother"

It confirmed his suspicions.

He was a fellow vampire.

The pale Nord could tell the Elf was tensing as he called forth internal strength to fend off the bloodlust. Severus didn't know how long the Elf was a vampire, or how he became one. But he understood the struggle. For no matter how long you are a vampire, you couldn't possibly deny the call of the inner bloodlust of the beast. It was bred in. For survival. And now with Ulfrics reign, everything was going to push vampires, werewolves, and even Non-Nords alike for equallity and supremacy. But vampires and werewolves didn't have much right before hand. No, they were treated like vermin, just like everything else that was mythical, or 'powerful' or 'demon-like'.

Severus cocked his head as the Altmer offered his services in helping the group. He leapt down and walked up to the tall fellow vampire. "My my, isn't this a pleasant surprise. I see a lady vampire in the pub, treated with 'pleasure' of curtisey... fiesty she was at that. And now... You..." Severus raised his head and looked the Altmer vampire in the eyes.

For one to maintain ones lust for blood with young ones around was telling something. It was also another thing to offer up help in escape. Or one to travel with. He looked over to were the Khajiit cubs were hiding, along with their bigger sister. He remembered a time in his youth were he had to thrive off the land, make weapons out of sticks, nearly losing head to a Saber Cat. He soon liked the creatures. So much so he thought he could tame one as a pet. But he thought against it. It was born in the wild. And was meant to stay that way.

Severus looked at the fellow vampire and merely stated, "Very well, you have my attention... However..." He took a pause, thinking about what he was about to do, and hardly believing it. "The cubs, and the little Khajiit female, come with us.. And no, they will not be cattle. I hope, that you understand that." He slowly walked over to the barrel in which the cats were hiding in. He rose his voice, not to scare them, but to insure he had the desired affect. Authority and trust. "As for you all in that cute little hiding place of yours, unless you like to tangle with guards for the rest of your life, I suggest you come along. And as I said..." He looked at his fellow creature of the night for clearification, "You will not but harmed.." He looked at the barrel again. But he wasn't expecting an answer as he continued. His arms crossed over his chest. "I'm not going to wait all day. True... I'm not exactly... The father type, NOR do I like children to the extreme. However.." He took a breath, still not believing what he was doing, or why or how he was making this decision. It felt as if this was what he was guided into doing. "I know what it was like. Being out on your own. No food. Water. Shelter. Pitiful isn't it? To have the ability to think like another race, feel, like another race. And yet no respect. Pitiful, isn't it?" He didn't wait for a response again. "So this is your chance. Take it or leave it. Though I think the guards might get restless after a while." He smirked under his hood as he found a corner to sit in and sat down, waiting for the decision to be made.

He also wondered what was happening to a certain female vampire. Two to be exact. Serana, and the one he met at the pub.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar, his blood lust now firmly under control, offered a quick bow to his fellow blood drinker. "I know my offer may seem surprising, but what can I say...I do so hate to see the young suffer" He followed the other vampires' gaze to the corner where he could sense the young mortals hiding.

"The cubs, and the little Khajiit female, come with us.. And no, they will not be cattle. I hope, that you understand that."

Salthar nodded at once. He knew that they'd never trust him if he drained a group of younglings.
    "Of course, I understand, the young ones will not be...harmed" Turning to meet the other vampires' eyes once again, he said in all seriousness " You have my word" The guards outside however, might not be so lucky if they got in his way. He hadn't fed in days, and unfortunately, the blood lust was starting to get to him.

Moving to the door, he opened it a little, checking for guards that may be nearby. A couple stood guard a little bit away, but were talking to each other, and not really paying attention to anything in particular. He turned to his brother vampire and the young ones. " The guards may give up the search soon, if we're going to move, it had better be soon" he warned them.

Humbungala

Morrigan grew bored as she waited for the vampire man and his "posse" to leave for their destination. It was dark now, and her stomach grumbled for food. She entered the inn and sat on a stool by the counter which Hulda stood behind. "Could I get you anything ma'am?" "I'm alright, thank you." She looked around to her surroundings, searching for the perfect person to feed on. Her eyes stop when she noticed a redguard man, large and muscular sitting by the fire who was drunk to the point of passing out. Morrigan smiled. This will be easy.

She approached the drunken man and whispered in his ear, "A handsome man like you deserves a beautiful woman in his bed." Her voice almost too low to be able to hear. "Mm I like that lady." She grabbed his hand and got him out of his seat. His eyes never leaving sight of her bosom. She walked him towards Hulda again, "Actually Hulda, perhaps you could get me a room." Morrigan looked at the man and bit her lip, seducing him as much as she could. His eyes, surprisingly still looking at her bosom through her tight leather armor. Hulda gave Morrigan a key and she headed into the room they were staying. She closed the door and pushed the man onto the bed and climb on top of him. His shirt is already off. He must be extremely desperate. Morrigan leaned over and began to kiss him. She left his lips and kissed his neck. Then after a few moments, she plunged her fangs into his neck and began sucking his blood. With her extreme strength she held him down and kept his mouth shut. He was struggling. Thrashing his arms around trying to scream. And then, there was silence. Her hunger was quenched, and she had done what she needed to do. She got up, wiped her lips, and left the room and closed it behind her. She saw Hulda on her way out and said, "The drunk just passed out. Shame." She tossed Hulda a coinpurse and left the inn. Morrigan stationed herself behind Belethor's General Goods and waited once again.

ValkyrieWarrior

The Loner
    Tera, listening to the two man. She knew they had to leave but yet, leaving with these people seemed even worse. She looked over at her siblings then quickly decided since they were willing to fight to protect them that they would be better to be with than this house. She quicklly put on her duo swords and grapped her siblings hands. She quickly sunk out the door, slinking to the shoadows of the alley next to them. She then moved tot he castle wall, making sure to keep to the shadow of the wall. She then waited for the others to follow.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Salthar grew tired of waiting. "Get out of there, or I'll drag you out" he snarled, wrenching the cover off of the boxes. Then he snarled to his fellow vampire "they're gone!" Rushing to the door, he peered out, and saw that the guards had dissapeared.

Cursing to himself, he turned back to his companion "The guards have returned to their posts....those younglings stood us up.." He clenched his fist in fury, but managed to keep his composure...barely. Wrenching the door, open, he gestured to the other vampire. "We'd better find them" he growled, more concerned about the younglings than he would admit.

ValkyrieWarrior

The Loner
    Tera felt a dug at her left hand. She looked down at her sister. Her blues eyes stared sadly at her, "Are not coming back this time?" Tera shook her head, squeezing her hand reasuringly, "It will be okay, Autumn, we will be okay," she muttered to herself as she stared at the gates leading to the outside world. She saw the guards at their post. Feeling anxious at the thought of how they had to get out. She looked around her, as she remembered the map of the city. She had explored every part of this place and knew it better than the guards themselves. Though even with that knowledge she couldn't figure out how to get out besides through that gate.

"Maybe through the sewers," she mutered to herself then quickly shook her head quickly banishing the idea.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Phoenix was crouched down on the roof of the stables in a deep shadow cast by the giant brick wall. She was well out of view of the guards, not that they looked up much anyways, and was quietly changing clothes. Her ragged tunic, that was held together at the waist by a shipping rope, was not very common among the townsfolk of Whiterun. Armor was more presentable, thus she had decided to strip in the open in the first place.

She carefully folded her tunic, her plain brown cloth pants still hung onto her waist, and laid it down besides her pack, which she had retrieved after escaping the branches she had leaped onto after leaving the Breezehome. The yellow cloth that covered her bosom did not do much to fend off the cold and she sighed, agitated, as one of the flimsy straps fell off her shoulder and she had to correct it. She had just finished feeding her arms through the light armor and was about to move her head through the neck hole when she heard noises...

She crouched instinctively and moved farther back, but not far enough backwards that she couldn't see the opening of the initial gate, and finished pulling her armor over her head and down over her soft scaled belly. She was watching, and waiting, to see the object the noises had come from but none were to be seen and she exhaled, closing her eyes as she did so, in relief and because she was so jumpy.

"Silly woman...always hearing things that aren't there..." and she chuckled at her murmur, but couldn't shake off the unease.

Dabiene Caristiana

Alucard stood up from his little corner after the proclomation of the seemingly older vampire.

"The guards have returned to their posts....those younglings stood us up.." Severus rose an elegant eyebrow. He walked over and right behind him peering out of the door with his 'brother'. "I doubt a bunch of children Khajiits have any reason to set us up, when they themselves are in trouble with the law for stealing." He drawled. He was starting to become irritated.

First that female vampire had the nerve to insult him in public, then a bunch of guards inturrupted his evening and he had to save a mercenary Khajiit. As to why he did he didn't know. All he could figure is that he seemed like he didn't deserve to die by arragance and cowardace of pitiful guards. Then the same Argonian that was in the Inn takes off suggesting something that they should of already done, then the little rug rat Khajiits bolt when given the chance to safety.

"Hm, don't suppose I blame them... We are rather interesting folk, are we not? Besides, it's their loss. I'm not going to run around Whiterun looking for them. They had their chance." Severus looked out into the opening again and his fellow vampire was indeed telling the truth about the guard posts. "I honestly hate killing, but when I do, I usually take them out with style."

The pale Nord looked at the vampiric Altmer and suggested, "I don't suppose an alteration of plans is in order? Perhaps? I suggest we head to the stables. I have a horse. Scorpio. Poor boy... He was oh so hoping to get a nights rest." Severus snarled, "But apparently not. I'm heading to Ivarstead. I heard a Khajiit talking about no blasted Stormcloacks there. From there... Well we can part ways, or come up with an 'underground resistance'." He was always joking of a resistance due to rumours of unfair treatment. But after the last few weeks, he was thinking it wasn't such a bad idea. "It's your choice. I honestly don't care..." Severus didn't mention that if he refused, he would just journey back to Valkihar Castle and just hide it out until Ulfric "Stormnuts" got what he deserved: A death on his throne.

Severus chuckled at the thought. Him dying while still in his throne. Most entertaining at thought.

The 25 year old Nord looked at the Altmer and smirked. "Well? Go ahead. Make your choice. I'm very busy and I haven't got all day. Although I would love company, I have little patience."

If anyone said Severus was being rude, this was actually him trying to be nice. However, he was being patient.

After all, when was the last time he had seen a none Valkihar vampire? One that wasn't trying to kill him no less?

ValkyrieWarrior

The Loner
    Tera paused looking at the gate, "Maybe we should have stayed with the strangers. Safety in numbers." She then looked at the twins. "Come, we are leaving Whiterun. Forever." She quickly walked to the gate hoping the guards would just look over them as travlers. They stuck to the shadows, just in case they were caught. They quietly sunck through the gate.

They headed towards the the road that led to the outside. She smelt horses as they past the stables. Maybe she could steal a horse, it would be faster, then quickly shook her head. No more stealing. Though another idea came into her head. Why not kill Ulfric? she seemed to slightly smile at the idea but kept walking away from the temption that would not only killl her but probably her siblings.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    "I doubt a bunch of children Khajiits have any reason to set us up, when they themselves are in trouble with the law for stealing." Salthar turned to face the other vampire
    "I suppose you're right" he admitted stepping back from the door as a pair of guards trudged by. They must have assumed that all the 'trouble makers' had left the city. Once again amused, by the arrogance of Nords, he listened to the other vampire telling him about Ivarstead and it's absence of Stormcloaks.
    "I suppose Ivarstead would not be such bad place to lay low for a while...as for accompanying you further, I have no pressing engagements" he said.

He felt bad about losing the opportunity to protect the young Khajiit, but perhaps staying with his fellow vampire would do more good than bad. After all, vampires and all other non-Nords would need to stick together if they wished to survive. "If we're going to leave, we had better do it soon, as I've said" Salthar said, his tone becoming urgent, " I have a horse in the stables as well" he informed the man, loosening his ebony sword in its' sheathe.