• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Lyt

If that really was a book, i would soooo buy it!
    And, why are replies coming in on the thread so slowly?? i'm very anxious to see what the others do/say!

Beats me. I'm kinda wondering myself. It's almost time for our party to leave Whiterun to find this library, but first, a few things need to happen.

Here is really just a joke book from a thread i made on another forum, I'm trying to make a meme...

The Vandalized Book Of Vandalism

This book is a textbook detailing various ways art has been used throughout history as ways to assert authority, subvert authority, mark territory, make political statements, or just mess about with people's minds. However, less than 30% of the text is still legible at any given time.
    Not only has this book been vandalized as an apparent demonstration, but it has also been jinxed so that the works of vandals come to life so as to distract and annoy the reader.
    A strange amateur illustration of a fluffy monster is often seen roaming the pages in various states of boredom, frequently eating bits of text and illustrations while leaving his own marks here and there. Among other things, the words "Jathrax the Mad Vorpal Bunny Hybrid Was Here" are found scrawled on many of the more unreadable pages.
    Which spawned this...​
    .................?!?
    ................()-()
    ............._(;..;')
    .ooo...O(....oo)

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    ^LOL!

yeah, I've been waiting on that scene to end so I can post too...otherwise (imo) the story would become a choppy read...

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
    I have seriously considered adding a new rule to the overall allowing people to only partisipate in one thread at a time.
    I haven't because it hasn't been a obvious problem, and We wanted to allow people to play freely.

That said I have noticed people jumping ship from threads because they are dedicating their time in other threads after joining several threads, or being distracted and unsure of their position cause they can't remember what their character was doing.

I want every RP member to go to the Rules discussion for the overall RP area and voice their opinion on whether a rule is needed to limit players to one thread.

OctopusPrime

Dominus Octopus
    Well, this sounds mighty int'restin'.
    I think I'm gonna try'n join on in.

Name: Riniir
    Race: Redguard
    Class: Alik'r Soulstealer (Combination of an Illusionist and Assassin, plus a tad bit of Conjurer)
    Physical Description: Skin as dark as ebony, clothes even darker. He wears the traditional Redguard outfit seen upon the many Alik'r warriors throughout Skyrim, only his is black as the sky is vast. He has dreadlocks which reach halfway down his back, as well as a two-inch goatee (no mustache) which has a black tie around it, about halfway down. No scars mar his face; a face that many a Reguard woman, and many a woman of other races, finds to be utterly beautiful. His eyes are blue as the ocean's waters, and just as deep. To gaze into them for too long is a grave mistake, for these are the eyes that will tear through your soul and leave nothing behind, aside from sheer insanity. He is impressively tall, standing at six feet and ten inches. He is not what one would consider to be incredibly muscle-bound, but he is certainly a strong man. In one hand, he holds always a spell; be it a spell to trap the souls of his enemies; or to send them in to a frenzied bloodlust; or to calm them so they forget that they are, in fact, his enemies; or for any other purpose. In his belt, he keeps is precious dagger, to which he refers only as Lairah. The blade has no enchantments, but is made of a ebony, and is sharper than the serpent's silver tongue. He wears a strange amulet around his neck. A jade skull is its pendant. Some say it gives him the power of Mannimarco, the King of Worms. But it's simply madness to think of that as truth. Right?
    History/Biography: Riniir was raised in the harsh lands of the Alik'r Desert. Born to two avid skooma-users, Riniir mostly raised himself. At the age of ten, he simply walked past his mother and father and left home. He doubts that they even took notice of his absence. He trekked through the desert to the capital: Alik'ra. There, he joined up with a caravan heading into Skyrim, who had come all the way from the Summerset Isles. Riniir had the feeling that the men were on the run. But from what, he did not know. When they reached Skyrim, he learned that they planned to set up camp and roam the roads as highwaymen. They were powerful mages, and Riniir knew he couldn't simply pass up an opportunity like this. So, he asked for the Altmer to educate him in all things arcane. Only one man actually had any true skill with magic. He taught Riniir everything he knew about the colleges of Illusion, Conjuration, Destruction, and Alteration. However, Riniir was only interested in the first two. And so, after two years in the company of the mage marauders, he decided to travel to the College of Winterhold. He heard tales of the College in taverns, but very much doubted their authenticity. But he had to see for himself. Upon arrival, he was admitted. He studied for a full year. After that year, he set off to roam the roads once more. He... practiced... his skills on many of those that he encountered. He murdered many a man and woman. He trapped their souls in his gems which was as black as his blade. He quickly became known throughout Skyrim as the Alik'r Soulstealer. He has never been captured, as the guards are more than a little afraid at the notion of approaching such a dangerous man. Many think him simply to be a tale, meant to keep children in their beds at night. But he is real. As real as you and I.
    Personality: He is a dark man with a troubled past. He tends to be on the quiet side, preferring to observe rather than interfere. He is cold and calculating. Some may even consider him evil.
    Other: Riniir also offers his services as a blade-for-hire, performing both mercenary work and assassinations. He once received an offer from the Dark Brotherhood, but refused. Many attempts have been made on his life because of this. Each one failed, miserably.

rizen

A to the K homeboy
    Aw, sorry man..."The Madman's Library" has been inactive for quite a while now...It just kind of died out due to lack of activity.

OctopusPrime

Dominus Octopus
    Oh. Alrighty, then.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts