Tips for an Orc character? (No Magic)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Red.

Skyrim is my first TES game I've ever played and first legitmate RPG I've played on console. (I've play Legend of Zelda on handheld).

I got my High Elf magic-based character to level 81 so I decided to start an Orc and I want to know if you guys have any tips on making a second character playthough?

Generally Crappy

Member in Good Standing of House Redoran
Don't kill the chicken, and protect your knees.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
What's with the non-help?

Welcome to the forums Red, hope you find what you're looking for here.

Was there anything on your Altmer that you didn't do? If so, that's a good starting point on a second character. You could always choose the opposing side of the Civil War and see how that turns out.

The best way to be rid of the doldrums of multiple playthroughs is via roleplay or even simple limitations on what your character can and cannot do. If you're an Orc, you probably wouldn't take part in the College Questline for example. You wouldn't make an ideal thief either.

Set your end-game goals at the 5x-6x levels. This way you don't have to waste time on meaningless skill building. Just use and invest in what's most beneficial to your character and playstyle. Try not to abuse skill building through spamming (Alchemy, Enchanting, Smithing, etc), glitching (Oghma Infinium), or abuse (Sneak leveling in High Hrothgar, Speech leveling in Riften, Combat vs. Shadowmere).

As far as building an Orc specifically, I imagine he's probably a 2h/Heavy Armor user. One of the first items I would try and acquire would be The Longhammer.

Generally Crappy

Member in Good Standing of House Redoran
I think me and Red just went along with what Barnabas did as a joke. But I do want to be helpful.

Make sure you plan your perk points (theres a nifty link at the top of the site to go to a perk calculator). You don't want to waste your points on novice and apprentice lockpicking like I did :sadface: .

Also, if you plan on roleplaying, you can actually buy an Orc wife from Mor Khazgur, an Orc stronghold. (In Orc tradition, a female is given to another chieftan when they come of age, and you can buy her from her father) She becomes a follower and marriage candidate.

Aeidir

Archmage and Arch Curate
Make sure you use either one or two handed weapons and put some perks in those trees. The Berserker Rage will make you an unstoppable tank at pretty much any level.

Orc is one of my favorite races. Hope you have fun.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
Instead of joining the Dark Brotherhood you could do the quest Destroy the Dark Brotherhood all you have to do is when you get kidnapped by Astrid you kill Astrid and it will initiate this quest.
Also you could be a rampage orc and go through every town, go berserk and kill everyone in each town.

Well, you going to want to give master a try, the Orc Racial Ability is awesome for master. The armor and weapons are up to you though, because orcs have bonuses in all combat abilities + smithing, alchemy and (maybe?) enchanting.

Red.

Thanks everyone, the Orc ability is what really appealled to me, and I think I might not use any magic in this playthrough.

Heavy Armor, 1 handed, Block, and Archery, with Smithing, and Enchantment to enhance your weapons/armor. Pretty common/popular build, actually. Can become nigh invulnerable, except for Magic, so prioritize resistance to that on your armor. Other than that, pretty unstoppable, even on Master.

HEFFAY

I played as an orc without using any magic, except enchanting, and my abilities.... I maxed out my enchanting, smithing, archery, two handed and heavy armor perk trees, also used the steed stone, and it was the most badass character I made of my 3 (i only kept three, ive started making a bunch but get bored with them)...the other two were a breton mage, and an argonian thief/assassin

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts