• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
Ok so while traveling around in blackreach Lydia has been a real pain for me and I've come upon a few observations. First of all if you notice that Lydia is missing, immediately start backtracking. If you put too much space between the two of you she will just stand still until you return and in some cases WILL NOT CHANGE ZONES WITH YOU. Keep an eye on the girl or she is liable to go missing. Another thing i noticed is she will also stop moving altogether regardless of distance. You can tell her to follow, wait here, pick something up, Fuus Ro Dah her, she will not move. The trick I found to getting her to follow again is run into her at full sprint a full times. Eventually she will get staggered and start following again. Don't know if this is the case for other companions but it's worth a shot. Hope it helps.

o.7

She was annoying me so I told her I no longer needed her services. Well I did it when I was inside the College of Winterhold and the mages killed her instantly.

brandon

i never had that problem with any of my followers but i have lost two. lydia was ate by a dragon. and the dark elf merc in whiterun dissapeard after i started the db quest. then i had aela the huntress who is now a stay at home wife whose selling everything i gave her. i think im gonna get another companion farkas probably he said hes not very smart but hes a heavy hitter. has anybody had any trouble from him?

Tiddleykong

Craft-Master cat man Lae Rashea
I sacrificed that loser for the strength of my ebony blade. RAWR!

I lead her into a deep dark part of the forest and told her to "wait here". So far, 3 or 4 days later (maybe more) she hasn't returned to my house in Whiterun. HOORAY!

Tiddleykong

Craft-Master cat man Lae Rashea
I play on master difficulty at level 56 with an stealth archer, and if you think you wouldn't need a follower to hold their attention you are mistaken Kurrus

mika

I've found that you can't take any shortcuts with companions, they always go the "right way." They apparently can't even swim.

If my companion is missing, even after a zone change, they'll usually reappear a few zone changes later.