Thrall Thread : Living with the dead

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

Latest respawn battle at Dawnguard HQ was the most successful yet.

4 Volkihars , 1 Mistwalker , a regular Vampire , and a Vampire`s Thrall !
This time Florentius or Dunmar let the Armored Trolls loose to fight
A Volkihar killed a troll and raised it before Isran smashed it into ashes !

I used the Ritual Stone to raise my 2 permanent Vampire Scouts , Hewnon Black-Skeever , and Drahff to join the merriment and the battles raged all over the place

After the dust settled , I took all 4 of the Volkihars and put them on Isran`s bed upstairs.
Can`t wait to watch the next "raid"

Notably , I`ve "seeded" nine Master Vampires so far and none has respawned yet

Adam Warlock

btw my default Standing Stone is the Steed Stone so I can wear heavy armor and carry lots of loot and my thrall`s extra equipment from place to place.
But when I want to raise a lot of bodies at once , I don the newly acquired Aetherial Crown to invoke the Ritual Stone power then switch back to my normal circlet afterwards

BobSaget

Why doesn't my Orchendor use the vomit attack? I swear I've had hours of battling with him and he doesn't use it. He abuses his epic teleportation, healing, and frostbite, though.

raven63

Why doesn't my Orchendor use the vomit attack? I swear I've had hours of battling with him and he doesn't use it. He abuses his epic teleportation, healing, and frostbite, though.

Orchendor class set in the game allows for him to use this move it stops for the same reason most necromancers won't use raise zombie or summon because it switch their class from say necromage(AI fighting style) to normal spellcaster same effect as the console command Fullactorcopy it allows for low level AI processing so the game won't bug out and thrall go insane basicly its not the same Orchendor just a skin and bones clone.As for why he teleports his teleport spell is basicly his only way to heal so his forced to use it

Side note:Thrall scrolls are cut content for what ever reason (to me seems point less) you can only get them buy hex(consle) or consle commands sorry for wordy post:-)

BobSaget

Orchendor class set in the game allows for him to use this move it stops for the same reason most necromancers won't use raise zombie or summon because it switch their class from say necromage(AI fighting style) to normal spellcaster same effect as the console command Fullactorcopy it allows for low level AI processing so the game won't bug out and thrall go insane basicly its not the same Orchendor just a skin and bones clone.As for why he teleports his teleport spell is basicly his only way to heal so his forced to use it

Side note:Thrall scrolls are cut content for what ever reason (to me seems point less) you can only get them buy hex(consle) or consle commands sorry for wordy post:-)

Oh, the lack of vomiting is pretty lame, but oh well! The teleporting is still cool! He can still heal without teleporting, though, but he tends to heal when teleporting often. Ahh, I had a feeling there was something fishy about those scrolls. I have read that people used them, maybe it was just console commands or something. And it's fine, I completely understand it. The scrolls would be pointless most of the time, unless you were too low of a level to get the spell or if you aren't a necromancer. Also, some people just like the idea of 1-use items... Think back to the Oblivion days! Scrolls were very plentiful back then, (mostly hated) but some of those scrolls were very useful! Anyways, that's a pity! I'd love for necromancers to use their reanimation powers, along with Orchendor and his vomiting.

raven63

This might work in getting Orchendor to use vomit it's pretty unstable you need to use a fortify conjuration potion 10000000% (via fortify restoration loop)

Drink the potion cast dread zombie and instant homemade dead thrall to have him spawn leave cell fast travel save exit load and fast travel again it should spawn him like a normal npc it worked for draug deathlord who kept his unrelenting force and disarm until he was eaten by a dragon (also the dread zombie effect with this glich doesn't turn corpse to ash it really neat)

Adam Warlock

A pattern seems to have emerged in the respawning vampire/vampire thrall experiments.

IF they respawn , it`s because they have a regular role or slot to appear in one of the regular vampire lairs.

Some vampires and thralls have respawned after being obtained from places like Haemar`s Shame , Morvath`s Lair , the new Redwater Den , etc. but none of the random encounter or single quest(like Rescue) vampires ever reappear.
This explains why my Master Vampires don`t respawn since for my level they are all "special" adds now and I know of none that can be regularly found in a den at this point.

I`m dumping all the suitable vamp bodies in the Dawnguard troll pen now.
I`m gonna have to run from the door to the back of the fort to catch the action when the time comes but I`m betting it will be a sight to behold

Adam Warlock

Ran into a new(for me) and unique NPC in Riften yesterday.
Upon arriving in town , the Guards were in the process of killing a Thief in the marketplace.
This wasn`t the Thief(s) in mixed armor that you encounter on the roads asking for your money but one who was dressed in a Thieves Guild outfit.
Unlike the other Thief(s) , all now too powerful for me to thrall , this one was thrallable.
His inventory was mostly house loot like jugs and a candlestick with only a iron dagger as a weapon
First thrall I`ve seen who has NO clothes or armor in his initial inventory. You can see him wearing the TG armor but can`t acquire it or add anything that he will wear
I gave him a Legendary Dragonscale Shield with Health and Resist Magic enchants and a wicked Dragonbone Dagger with Absorb Health and Fire Damage
Not as aggressive as most of the thralls I have , he seems to stay in sneak mode longer when the enemy is nearby.
I have no idea what level or strength he really is or if the default TG outfit has the benefit of any enchantments
He equips any bow you give him without difficulty and is pretty good with it
Like most thralls he will also use destruction and atronach staffs if you give them to him
the moan is one of the tolerable ones

I`ve tried him with some weak bandits at Embershard Mine and he did admirably
Had to help him in a later fight with a Forsworn Ravager though

I`m hoping for a level 20-25 but he`s probably lower than that

Anyone know about these guys ?

Adam Warlock

well it seems that vampire bodies don`t respawn twice .
none of the leftover bodies from the last battle came back and only one of three newly introduced vampire bodies respawned in the troll pen.
by the time i got to the pen`s observation deck , Durak and Gunmar had a Volkihar backed into a corner of the pen. Gunmar was engaging in melee with her while Durak pumped crossbow bolts from about 10 feet away.
They had just finished killing her when Isran arrived so I didn`t get to see Stendarr`s Aura this time

raven63

Ran into a new(for me) and unique NPC in Riften yesterday.
Upon arriving in town , the Guards were in the process of killing a Thief in the marketplace.
This wasn`t the Thief(s) in mixed armor that you encounter on the roads asking for your money but one who was dressed in a Thieves Guild outfit.
Unlike the other Thief(s) , all now too powerful for me to thrall , this one was thrallable.
His inventory was mostly house loot like jugs and a candlestick with only a iron dagger as a weapon
First thrall I`ve seen who has NO clothes or armor in his initial inventory. You can see him wearing the TG armor but can`t acquire it or add anything that he will wear
I gave him a Legendary Dragonscale Shield with Health and Resist Magic enchants and a wicked Dragonbone Dagger with Absorb Health and Fire Damage
Not as aggressive as most of the thralls I have , he seems to stay in sneak mode longer when the enemy is nearby.
I have no idea what level or strength he really is or if the default TG outfit has the benefit of any enchantments
He equips any bow you give him without difficulty and is pretty good with it
Like most thralls he will also use destruction and atronach staffs if you give them to him
the moan is one of the tolerable ones

I`ve tried him with some weak bandits at Embershard Mine and he did admirably
Had to help him in a later fight with a Forsworn Ravager though

I`m hoping for a level 20-25 but he`s probably lower than that

Anyone know about these guys ?

The thief is a Radom level event that happens in Riften basically he is just the game saying "Hay the thieves guild actually has outside world interaction besides the player" He is set to steal a randomly spawned item I believe and the aggressive level of a mudcrab and leveled health +5 more then the average bandit you fight possibly less hope I helped

Adam Warlock

^ So what kind of cocktail does a Vampire Lord Bartender serve ?
A shot of Redwater Skooma dropped into a goblet of fresh blood ?

Xeltar

Hey in case this has not been said, a long term way to store dead bodies effectively (sorry consoles only on PC), is to kill your thrall in a non-reset area and then use console command TAI. I have found this stops the bodies from despawning, when you want to reclaim your thrall simply enter in again and dead thrall as normal.
Made an account just to post this because I was really getting frustrated at my bodies going missing.

Adam Warlock

The thief is a Radom level event that happens in Riften basically he is just the game saying "Hay the thieves guild actually has outside world interaction besides the player" He is set to steal a randomly spawned item I believe and the aggressive level of a mudcrab and leveled health +5 more then the average bandit you fight possibly less hope I helped
yeah , he has to be under lvl 20
he got killed by a spike wall trap and a mage raised him to fight me.
now he`s just a thief ash pile

raven63

A weird dialogue came up from a Argonian dead thrall I was sneaking around the he says "ahhh you remind me of the shadowscales of old times" then he went back to his normal ahhh and ooo's

Adam Warlock

A weird dialogue came up from a Argonian dead thrall I was sneaking around the he says "ahhh you remind me of the shadowscales of old times" then he went back to his normal ahhh and ooo's
that`s a new one . usually it`s the occasional comment about your spells if the thrall isn`t in combat

raven63

Do you know of any good archer thralls trying to make a good Mage archer combo to ward off most enemies from getting to close to me

Adam Warlock

Do you know of any good archer thralls trying to make a good Mage archer combo to ward off most enemies from getting to close to me
The 2 best generic ones in my experience have been Forsworn Ravagers who are using bows when you find them and the Northwatch Archers.
Both can level up to 36 , have high health , and wear a full set of light armor.
The Northwatch Archers have somewhat better health and the Glass or Elven gear they wear is a bit stronger than Forsworn if you have the appropriate smithing perk for improvements
However the Forsworn Ravagers have the benefit of several good perks in Archery specifically( Power Shot , Quick Shot , Ranger) so it evens out.

Hoping this helps

Adam Warlock

Archer Thrall enchants for the above^:
Helm - none unless you want them to breathe underwater
Armor - Fortify Health and/or Fortify Stamina / Fortify Light Armor
Boots - Resist Fire and/or Resist Frost
Gauntlets - Fortify Light Armor

Bows will be found in their inventory after you kill them.
They do not have a default bow like many followers or some other NPC.
Give them the best bow with enchantments that you`ve got available
and a few of your best arrows
they won`t use the arrows up and sometimes you can get one back from their kills

I`ve had no luck getting them to use a Fortify Marksman Potion or Poisons in a fight but they will occasionaly use Healing Potions I`ve given them

Adam Warlock

^If they`ve got the room , these archers love to backpedal while they are firing until their targets stop chasing them.
Sometimes this can leave you closer to your enemy than your thralls
Keep well behind them or somewhere out of sight if you want to reduce the chance of damage

raven63

Thank you I'm trying to make a non combatant build using follower as the heavy tank and thralls as long range attacks to support the tank like a self sustaining army of sorts