Thoughts on the new Dawnguard DLC?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Vampires or Lycans?

• Total voters

Mushroom Surprise

So the new Dawnguard DLC is coming out soon. What are your thoughts on it? Is it gonna be great, is it gonna be buggy, what? And what are your thoughts on the Vampiric Lord (I think that's what it's called) power? Is it going to be equal to the Beast Form power? Or is it going to be better? Just curious on what everyone's thoughts are on it.

Mushroom Surprise

Also the 1.6 Update is out which gives us new Mounted Combat so that's pretty great too.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I think it will be better, the Vampire Lord transformation. The Skyrim vampire is finally on par with the lycan, but has the upper hand with the ability to change at will while, the lycan has to wait a day before they can change again. Both forms are getting great perks too! Overall, I'm excited for this DLC.

perkecet

i would be very surprised if there are a lot of bugs. it's been 7 months since the game came out, and it's in beta right now. if the testers find bugs they sure as hell better not release it on the 26th as planned. i'd much rather wait.

Kamau

Quiet Warrior
I will have one character (a lycan) join the Dawnguard, and a vampire character become a Vampire Lord. Also, if you have Lycanthropy, you do not have to wait a day to go into Beast Form if you do the "Ill met by Moonlight" Quest and aquire the Ring of Hircine. The Ring's power can be utilized to change into the werewolf multiple times a day.

I am excited to do both paths, Vampire and Dawnguard. The Vampire Lord Abilities and perk trees for both Vampire Lords and Lycanthropes look very good!

Mushroom Surprise

I think it will be better, the Vampire Lord transformation. The Skyrim vampire is finally on par with the lycan, but has the upper hand with the ability to change at will while, the lycan has to wait a day before they can change again. Both forms are getting great perks too! Overall, I'm excited for this DLC.
You can really change at will? Multiple times a day? That's a nice little tibdit of information, I must have overlooked it while I was reading about it. Just gives me all the more reason to look forward to it :D

perkecet

You can really change at will? Multiple times a day? That's a nice little tibdit of information, I must have overlooked it while I was reading about it. Just gives me all the more reason to look forward to it :D
no no no. you can change twice a day instead of once. 'multiple' is misleading language.

Mushroom Surprise

no no no. you can change twice a day instead of once. 'multiple' is misleading language.
Ohh. Well, it's still pretty good. I'm hoping there might be a later quest like Ill Met By Moonlight in which you get an item or something which allows you to change form more in a single day.

perkecet

from what i understand twice was the intention and one of the more recent patches fixed the infinite transformations thing.

Mushroom Surprise

I was actually talking about the Vampire Lord transformations haha. But yeah if you have the Ring of Hircine obtained from the quest Ill Met By Moonlight and you equip the ring, when you go to powers there is a new power called "Ring of Hircine" if you equip that and use it then you transform into a werewolf and it can be done as many times as you want in a day. the Ring of Hircine power, NOT the Beast Form power I'm not sure if they've patched this in 1.6 but it was definitely working before the 1.6 I have yet to test it out afterwards though.

Kamau

Quiet Warrior
Really? I just tested it out on my Lycanthrope character as we speak and changed to Beast Form for the third time in a row... huh...
Wait... which patch was this? Is it the new 1.6 patch for Xbox 360 that came out? If so, that is why I can continue the infinite thing because I am playing on a PS3 that has not yet gotten the patch.

If the Ring will not work infinitely in the future, then I hope Bethesda makes it where you can change into Beast Form as many times as you please. Because if not, it will become somewhat of a hassle to gain perks from the new Werewolf Perk tree as opposed to the Vampire Lord, whom can transform at will.

Kamau

Quiet Warrior
Hmm... at the E3 showings for Dawnguard, much of the Vampire Lords abilities were displayed, but they kinda kept the werewolf stuff under wraps. There was a brief glimpse of their Perk Tree... one helpful ability I read in Game Informer was the ability to call upon ally werewolves to fight with you.

Aside from vampires and werewolves, did any of you notice that badass black and blue horse in the Dawnguard Trailer? It was revealed in an E3 interview that it can be acquired by doing some side quest in that new realm of Oblivion, the Soul Cairn. Since I don't know much about the faction storylines... is this horse exclusive to Vampires, the Dawnguard, or can both get it?

Mushroom Surprise

Hmm... at the E3 showings for Dawnguard, much of the Vampire Lords abilities were displayed, but they kinda kept the werewolf stuff under wraps. There was a brief glimpse of their Perk Tree... one helpful ability I read in Game Informer was the ability to call upon ally werewolves to fight with you.

Aside from vampires and werewolves, did any of you notice that badass black and blue horse in the Dawnguard Trailer? It was revealed in an E3 interview that it can be acquired by doing some side quest in that new realm of Oblivion, the Soul Cairn. Since I don't know much about the faction storylines... is this horse exclusive to Vampires, the Dawnguard, or can both get it?
I think I read somewhere that you get it from the Vampires, but it didn't say if that was the ONLY way.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
We can actually fight against the Thalmor in Dawnguard? Or will it be in a DLC further down the road...
I would LOVE to kick their ass out of Skyrim.

I'm not sure. I hope so because I'm getting the impression that this whole BIG dawnguard DLC is nothing more than vampire/werewolf stuffs. Each time I read it it sounds more like the Van Helsing movie, Which I hope to the divines that it doesn't wand up being like it... Not that I have anything against the movie of course.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts