this is the thread where we play on Master and don't fast travel

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kasha

well thats cool, ever play the game just cause 2?

fleeon

Dark Elf Night Brother, Protector of Nocturnal
everyone playing on master and not being a pussy that fast travels everywhere should post their suggestions or questions or whatever. or neat nooks and crannies you find in the land.

do you think horses are counter-productive because you miss all the alchemy ingredients? do you exploit the pl*** out of some geometry and/or terrible sneak detection? is whirlwind sprint your best friend? how many times a day do you forget to save and waste and hour IRL of traveling? why don't the outdoor cities have carriage service? do enough people play like this to sustain a thread? these are dark times we live in...

masters, unite
How do you change difficulty?

Kasha

large-video-game-worlds2.jpg

Pestilence

Uneducated guesses since 1983
You change the difficulty in the game settings.

I play on master, and I fast travel all the time. I imagine someday I'll walk around and pick everything up, but that's not really what I enjoy doing, so I don't do it.

Drem

everquest w/ velious is still bigger than all that nonsense!!!!!

anyways, as for people complaining about fast travel or being sassy with plops like "i live on earth so i fast travel to make my game less enjoyable", you can go die!!!!! i'm playing this for fun. it's more fun like this than any other way. i don't need instant satisfaction of completing 25 quests a day because i fast travel everywhere. if you don't appreciate the play style, don't comment

glad to hear lots of other people playing like this! it's rewarding. you learn the lay of the land. there are lots of interesting things to do. and this much travel highly benefits alchemists. dunno how you fast travelers cope with alchemy ingredients

as far as the guy traveling north to south? dont run around mountains, coward! one of my favorite aspects of TES games are that they encourage geometry exploiting and running/jumping. you can get up almost any mountain if you find the right path..... the right crevice, the right amount of strafing, a lucky jump, etc... you can get up anything in this game. horses fluffing BOMB up mountains. i swear they can go up 85 degree inclines

Drem

back on topic

so do you guys prefer to play with a follower and a dog or do you solo? i prefer solo. especially now that i can't move the followers out of the way and they actually move me. fluff outta here......

got the dog and it barked every 4 or 5 seconds. no thanks

on the other hand, if i'm on a mission that's too tough i go get jenassa and use her as tank bait? i'm a terrible person....

Drem

just wish they'd hook up an achievement or a stat for fast traveling/lack thereof. now with the removal of athletics/acrobatics it's even harder to justify but i still think it's the most fun

King Archer

I can see never fast traveling early on when you have like less than 50% of the map discovered yet. But eventually once you get most of the map discovered its going to get really boring as youve already discovered and traveled through everything you come across. At that point id rather fast travel than waste hours traveling and not discovering anything new.

Sebastián Piazza

Mother fluffer Jones
Well i'm not complaining, i quite enjoy the game fast traveling and i don't need to do the same path again and again feels like a waste of time, i like to explore and see new things, and fast travel makes that easier for me in other ways that i couldn't do it. And what's more fun than explore and grind quest and kill monster and explore dungeons? and do that in less than 1 hour.... that's fun for me a little bit of everything just to spice up the fun, and also if you can do it in less time why not?

Kasha

got the dog and it barked every 4 or 5 seconds. no thanks

I feel you on that one, even though the dog cant be killed, it does do well with helping out, i just wish it would shut up.

BlackRat

"you can get up anything in this game. horses f***ing BOMB up mountains. i swear they can go up 85 degree inclines "

I'm confused. You don't fast travel, and play on master... When I first started reading this, I assumed it was due to some desire to maintain a hardcore approach to gameplay. As I read further, and then saw the qutoe above... you're actually just seeking to exploit every single angle the game has to offer. Sooo... you're a power gamer?

And you wish to tell others how the game "should be played".

The game "should be played" however the player wishes to play it.
You choose to walk everywhere and do everything, regardless of whether or not it makes sense in terms of story or character, and exploit everything. Your game, your way.

Drem

what's the point of your post? seems like you're angry that i'm not a roleplayer or something. am i supposed to feel bad now? hahahahah

and how am i telling anyone how to play ? go make your "this is where we roleplay and make movement choices based on story and character and don't exploit anything" thread if that's what you care about. i hardly exploit anything, except basic geometry because dragons can't fly under bridges. i imagine horses can climb mountains better irl than a human being, too. you sound really mad about the way i talk about the game. sorry you don't agree

i'm playing on master to experience the hardest combat this game's got to offer. and without fast travel you experience a lot more of it. i have no idea why you're being such a dick but i find your post very inappropriate

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
what's the point of your post? seems like you're angry that i'm not a roleplayer or something. am i supposed to feel bad now? hahahahah

and how am i telling anyone how to play ? go make your "this is where we roleplay and make movement choices based on story and character and don't exploit anything" thread if that's what you care about. i hardly exploit anything, except basic geometry because dragons can't fly under bridges. i imagine horses can climb mountains better irl than a human being, too. you sound really mad about the way i talk about the game. sorry you don't agree

i'm playing on master to experience the hardest combat this game's got to offer. and without fast travel you experience a lot more of it. i have no idea why you're being such a dick but i find your post very inappropriate

Please don't be offensive, he was simply just voicing his opinion. :)

Anthony

tough guy, he plays on master and doesn't use fast travel. anyone who disagrees with him is mad, no other opinion matters besides his because he is the most hardcore of all that is hardcore.

Play the game how you want, i really dont think bethesda gives 2 fluffs how you play the game. All that matters to them is that they got the money from you for the game, they will never notice how you play your game and they will never care, u mad bro?

Tommybombzor

The guy plays on Master and doesn't fast travel. He put it here for others to share their experiences. Based on certain people's posts, its obvious they feel threatened and inferior to this playstyle. If you don't then stop taking plops so personal. "How dare you tell us how to play! QQ." Who cares if the OP thinks he's 'hardcore'. Move along and go post where you are relevant.

For the record, I play on master and use fast travel. Although, I find the idea interesting and will probably try it on my next play through ;). Ya'know, for immersion and all that.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts