this is the thread where we play on Master and don't fast travel

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Drem

everyone playing on master and not being a pussy that fast travels everywhere should post their suggestions or questions or whatever. or neat nooks and crannies you find in the land.

do you think horses are counter-productive because you miss all the alchemy ingredients? do you exploit the plops out of some geometry and/or terrible sneak detection? is whirlwind sprint your best friend? how many times a day do you forget to save and waste and hour IRL of traveling? why don't the outdoor cities have carriage service? do enough people play like this to sustain a thread? these are dark times we live in...

masters, unite

Drem

ok: so i'm level 24, light armor, blood dragons still whoop me 1 on 1

what level is volsung? this guy is out of control. i mean most of my fights devolve into some instance of me sitting on a rock shooting 75 arrows into everything but i can't even make that work. werewolf was useless, shouts are useless, followers all get one shotted and so do i

i hate walking away from things and coming back later because i'd rather just figure out some 2 hour long way to win. is this even possible at 24? has anybody dropped this guy?

Drem

no, morrowind had silt striders, boats, the mages guild, propylon indices, and the propylon master

what i meant by the question was that you can only take a carriage out of five of the 16 cities/villages and they only go the big major cities anyway. kinda weak. almost everything in morrowind had some kind of travel. you could "fast travel" in that game to any city anywhere if you had enough coin for the trip

ohh no fast travel. i like this challenge! i might start a pure mage, i have no idea how im gonna level though as my last master game i was an assasin and if i didnt get a good sneak attack in i was stuffed. it has to be able to be done though! Destro/Conjure mage im thinking :) ill post in here how it all goes

Drem

thinking about rolling a new guy and doing magic as well. seems really well done in this game

Xanax

So what your really asking here, is who is playing Skyrim like Morrowind?

Me, I tend to fast travel across distances, say if I need to go to Solitude from Riften. The short runs, maybe 5 to 10 mins at a time, or to places I haven't been, I will generally head to the closest city and travel from there. I feel it gives a nice balance, I have time to explore when I want, and see the random events, without making it feel like I am wasting my time.

Calcifer

I'm only level 9 on my master save atm, don't fast travel. I am an Orc, and just made myself a set of Dwarven! :D

Aylan

Aylan, High Elf Wizard
Im only level 8 on my master save.. i never fast travel lol. Im a mage im going with Destro/resto/one-hand for now.. who knows what my adventures will bring :)

Rakku

Im only level 8 on my master save.. i never fast travel lol. Im a mage im going with Destro/resto/one-hand for now.. who knows what my adventures will bring :)

I'm playing that. Utterly OP even on master i have to say. No challenge whatsoever.

Add conjuration in your list tho

Novelty

I really really want to not fast travel. But I just can't help myself and I end up in dungeons 98% of my time wich makes it a little bit boring. All of that wonderful landscape outside and bethesda basicly gives you almost no reason to explore it other than a good view on a sunday drive.

Sebastián Piazza

Mother fluffer Jones
well as much as i want to NOT fast travel... i have another realm called "earth" that i need to come too once in a while... so to keep things balanced i fast travel and ride horse and walk, whenever i feel i want to enjoy the enviroments and interactions.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I don't fast travel and I try not to use maps but sometimes, I just cheat to see where in oblivion I am. Started out as master level, got too hard so I toned it down. Then the game started becoming too easy so I'm back on master level again. I tried using the carriage system once but I quickly realized that it was just fast-travel justified so I decided to never use it again. Also, horses are stupid and expansive to buy and manage. I never use horse.

lemmyjftw

Conjuration pretty much is the only way to survive in master lol, conjuration and restoration skills will be 100 by the time you are lvl 12 while everything else is less than 20 hahaha

Kasha

How long would it take to walk from one side of skyrim to the other, i wouldnt mind someone that has a lot more free time to try it out and tell me.

lemmyjftw

How long would it take to walk from one side of skyrim to the other, i wouldnt mind someone that has a lot more free time to try it out and tell me.
Starting from the middle of the top of the map and going straight down, can't work, mountains in the way. Walking around the various objects and staying on the straightest path possible with sprinting then jogging my stamina back up, took me about forty five minutes. (Side note: I had to do this like 4 times because Giants are in the middlish of the map of my "straight path" and killed me)

Kasha

Thats crazy, how about from left to right from the far left to the far right

lemmyjftw

Thats crazy, how about from left to right from the far left to the far right
Well they are roughly the same size, like its a square map so the sides are all equal, at least they are VERY close to it, but that way took me I think 50ish minutes? There were more mountains to go around :I I think it would've been the same if the circumstances were the same. I also didn't plan out routes, just kind of went with it, but I essentially knew what to do.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts