Things we like and dislike about skyrim...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ariel

+1 same applies to the majority of mobs in the game.

well look at real life, the biggest animal isnt the deadliest, like the dragons and the chauruses, look of it like a bad ass hawk or something, even a komodo dragon, and the chauruses like a deathstalker scorpion, they are wayy more deadly than a komodo dragon, sure both cause horrible damage, and the komodo does slower damage, and the scorpian will kill you too..

all im saying is the dragons dont HAVE to be the most badass creature in the game, sure i would rather have them be terrifying no matter what level you are, but bethesda did it correct in my opinion.

----

thank you dvalin for agreeing!

Sinfonianbro07

This is truly one of my all time favorite games yet I understand why people are complaining. However, and this is just my opinion so don't get upset lol, I really think people are being a bit too picky for the most part. With all the lackluster sub-par garbage that some developers sell to us on a near monthly basis, I feel games like Skyrim and Dark Souls are gems. Yes they have faults and I understand the purpose of this thread but even with the flaws in Skyrim (and many other great games for that matter) don't you think we should just smile and be happy that we CAN play such a masterpiece. In todays game industry I'm just happy that it hasn't gone south like our music industry were the only variety that is readily available to us is what is "popular". I feel that it could move in that same direction seeing as how I see more modern warfare commercials than Geico ads. I'm not trying to be that annoying hippy "let's all love everything" guy I just want to see if anyone agrees.

If I did have one complaint it would be that the dragons should be varied more. I don't want every single one to be all powerful but I wish dragons that live in harsher regions of the map were stronger as opposed to every dragon feeling the same.

Balstrome

How many of you have FRAPS your way out of disk space while playing Skyrim?

Xiomn

all im saying is the dragons dont HAVE to be the most badass creature in the game, sure i would rather have them be terrifying no matter what level you are, but bethesda did it correct in my opinion.

----

thank you dvalin for agreeing!

Well maybe i want dragons to be the most badass creature in the game, problem? :cool:

Altioris

I hate the crippling, game-breaking PS3 lag. It's better than before but still makes it nearly impossible for me to play past level 30 >.>

T1MREAPER

Slave to Skyrim.
I like pretty much everything in the whole game but there is one thing that really pisses me off and is very unrealistic, you can't block attacks when wielding 2 weapons!! WTF?? If someone swung a battle axe at you and you had 2 swords you would cross them over in front of you thus blocking the axe and stopping it from embedding in your forehead!! But no, you can't. Also when blocking with a shield against an archer, you can't "catch" the arrows with your shield as you could in Oblivion.

Rant over, love you Skyrim. :p

Altioris

I like pretty much everything in the whole game but there is one thing that really pisses me off and is very unrealistic, you can't block attacks when wielding 2 weapons!! WTF?? If someone swung a battle axe at you and you had 2 swords you would cross them over in front of you thus blocking the axe and stopping it from embedding in your forehead!! But no, you can't. Also when blocking with a shield against an archer, you can't "catch" the arrows with your shield as you could in Oblivion.

Actually, using a perk you're supposed to be able to, but I've heard that it doesn't work properly. Just a thought :\

T1MREAPER

Slave to Skyrim.
Actually, using a perk you're supposed to be able to, but I've heard that it doesn't work properly. Just a thought :\

You shouldn't need a perk to do something that would come naturally in real life.

"plops, that Orcs swinging his axe for me! Dammit my hands are full of swords! Why didn't I bring my shield!!"

Bytebrain

That's purely for balance in the game, I think.
There have to be a tradeoff when you're fighting with two weapons, otherwise, what's the incentive to fight with only one weapon?
I find that perfectly reasonable, and I'm sure it's intentional.

Blocking arrows with your shield is possible, it's a perk you need to pick under "Block".
It makes sense that you aren't proficient enough with shield defence in the beginning of the game, so they made it a perk.
Also makes absolute sense to me...

Also, your mention of what is possible in "real life" is something that's only possible in Hollywood, I think..
Blocking an axe coming at you with full power by crossing your swords in front of you would, in real life, give you quite a facelift...

T1MREAPER

Slave to Skyrim.
There have to be a tradeoff when you're fighting with two weapons, otherwise, what's the incentive to fight with only one weapon?

Blocking arrows with your shield is possible, it's a perk you need to pick under "Block".
It makes sense that you aren't proficient enough with shield defence in the beginning of the game, so they made it a perk.

Also, your mention of what is possible in "real life" is something that's only possible in Hollywood, I think..
Blocking an axe coming at you with full power by crossing your swords in front of you would, in real life, give you quite a facelift...

The incentive of fighting with one weapon is that you have a shield on the other arm. If you substitute that shield for a 2nd sword you would want some way of defending yourself when theres 4 falmer or 2 crazed orcs trying to lop your head off. I see your point a bit i guess but when someone swings anything at you and your armed with 2 weapons you would make some attempt to block it would you not?? Not just stand there looking hard with your 2 swords or whatever and take all blows head on. Whether you ended up with a "facelift" or not at least you died putting up a fight (or trying as it would of been).
I don't agree with your "it makes sense that you aren't proficient with a shield in the beginning" comment as if you have a shield on your arm and an arrow comes towards you, all you need do is raise your arm. Dunno about you but I was "proficient" at using my arms from a very young age. If you were unable to wield sword and shield you wouldn't go on an epic quest to save a realm in the first place. You'd be one of the locals in the Bannered Mare getting drunk on mead all day.
I thought this thread was called "Things we like and dislike" not "Things that make absolute sense or don't."
Obviously we share different opinions.

Sinfonianbro07

+1000000
Agreed

Bytebrain

The incentive of fighting with one weapon is that you have a shield on the other arm. If you substitute that shield for a 2nd sword you would want some way of defending yourself when theres 4 falmer or 2 crazed orcs trying to lop your head off. I see your point a bit i guess but when someone swings anything at you and your armed with 2 weapons you would make some attempt to block it would you not?? Not just stand there looking hard with your 2 swords or whatever and take all blows head on. Whether you ended up with a "facelift" or not at least you died putting up a fight (or trying as it would of been).
I don't agree with your "it makes sense that you aren't proficient with a shield in the beginning" comment as if you have a shield on your arm and an arrow comes towards you, all you need do is raise your arm. Dunno about you but I was "proficient" at using my arms from a very young age. If you were unable to wield sword and shield you wouldn't go on an epic quest to save a realm in the first place. You'd be one of the locals in the Bannered Mare getting drunk on mead all day.
I thought this thread was called "Things we like and dislike" not "Things that make absolute sense or don't."
Obviously we share different opinions.

I'm sorry if the tone of my post came made it sound harsh, I should have put in a smiley or two, as some of what I wrote was with a smile on my face. If I offended you, and it sounds like I did, I am sorry.
Perhaps it's 'cause English isn't my first language.

All I wanted to convey, was that I find that I personally like the idea that you can't do everything at the start of the game, but have to earn it through gameplay, thus the perk in shield against arrows, (which I think would be a real hard skill in real life, mid combat).

About the blocking with two weapons, it's such a powerful combination, with enormous damage output, so I understand that they, maybe purely for balance issues, make you forego blocking if you want to pursue that route.
I've had a char. that only used dual wield, and a strict sword and board char. and they were equally effective in combat, due to the fact that my dual wield char, hit so much harder.

T1MREAPER

Slave to Skyrim.
I'm sorry if the tone of my post came made it sound harsh, I should have put in a smiley or two, as some of what I wrote was with a smile on my face. If I offended you, and it sounds like I did, I am sorry.
Perhaps it's 'cause English isn't my first language.

All I wanted to convey, was that I find that I personally like the idea that you can't do everything at the start of the game, but have to earn it through gameplay, thus the perk in shield against arrows, (which I think would be a real hard skill in real life, mid combat).

About the blocking with two weapons, it's such a powerful combination, with enormous damage output, so I understand that they, maybe purely for balance issues, make you forego blocking if you want to pursue that route.
I've had a char. that only used dual wield, and a strict sword and board char. and they were equally effective in combat, due to the fact that my dual wield char, hit so much harder.

Fair enough. Sorry for being a sarcastic twat, I have a bad headache from playing skyrim on a 42" plasma for the past 12 hours. You are right about the 2 weapons, its just me being a bit petty I think. To be honest I normally use a 2 handed weapon and deal the "facelifts" because I love the decapitation perk.

No offence taken. :cool:

Bytebrain

Fair enough. Sorry for being a sarcastic twat, I have a bad headache from playing skyrim on a 42" plasma for the past 12 hours. You are right about the 2 weapons, its just me being a bit petty I think. To be honest I normally use a 2 handed weapon and deal the "facelifts" because I love the decapitation perk.

No offence taken. :cool:

:-)
My next char is gonna try out strictly two-handed weapons. I tried it briefly, but had a hard time hitting anything, they are so excruciatingly slow to wield...
I guess all that's needed is practice, and maybe a perk or two... :-)

Running into villains wielding a great big axe or hammer is terrifying, especially early in the game, they make mince meat out of me in no time at all if I'm not careful...

Ozzy Osbourne

Dislike: Lining up to take a shot with my bow... taking careful aim... and releasing just as my follower, horse or dog leaps into action and catches my arrow in the enemy's place.

Ozzy Osbourne

Like: When a bear, two wolves and an assassin all converge on me at once, and decide they all have to kill one another before dealing with me. (Assassin won and was the only one I had to pick off.)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts