• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
So my character is a full on mage, (don't judge) and I decided that there are tons of things that I missed when going through Skyrim. I know I know it's a shame because of this vast and beautiful world that is crammed to the teeth in fun stuff I decided to go back and take a look. First thing I found is that there is actually a working economy for each town or city. So I decided since my character is so powerful I should persue a life of woodcutting. I grabbed an axe and started my fruitful future of woodcutting and delivering for pocket change. That job broke off into other things that I didn't think about like fletching which is available on the grindstone, which of course led to sharpening of my weapons. Pretty neat I thought! I persued the idea even further and thought let's push it even further and found a nice little mine that I can go to. After mercilessly slaughtering everything in my path and stripping their bodies down to their bare skin I found out about mining, smelting, smithing, and forging. My world just opened up to possibilities three fold! What could be next? Through going around and talking to people and looking around at random stuff I found a granary but I havn't messed with it and cooking! Still havn't figured out if I can poison food though. Of course being a mage enchanting and alchemy is just natural. What about farming and hunting (besides of the obvious, "just go out and kill stuff")? Is farming available to us? can I grow my own herbs and sit on my porch and smoke some plant that has funny properties but has a different name? xD What else can be done? I havn't visited the daedric shrines quite yet, but being a fan from Daggerfall I would mess with the Daedra lords quite a bit. also is the King of Worms back? I am not sure if anyone knew about the King of Worms from Daggerfall but he was a "god" of the dead. He would send you messages through zombies which a piece of parchment pinned to there flesh. LOL! Can you open a gate to Oblivion? I know I can summon from Oblivion but visit it a little? Or perhaps send someone else there and close the gate. Anyways that is my little rant and I am sorry for taking up your time but I had been on this forum for a while but never signed up and there was a lot I wanted to get off my chest. Kay Bye

Onyx

I know the feeling, so many awesome experiences just have the need to share! Loving this came to bits, cannot get enough and something new always pops up! Pure awesomeness!

Btw pure mages are cool, one of the next characters on my list (after a melee centric one) after I have finished with my spellsword (which could be awhile :D)

I know the feeling, so many awesome experiences just have the need to share! Loving this came to bits, cannot get enough and something new always pops up! Pure awesomeness!

Btw pure mages are cool, one of the next characters on my list (after a melee centric one) after I have finished with my spellsword (which could be awhile :D)
I am focusing on conjuration right now, you are weak at first but you can cause some serious damage later. Combine that with destruction and they don't know which way is up.

Kor the Archmage

this game is amazing. i love hiring people and going on dragon hunts. Ima pure mage, my favorite weapons are thunderbolt spell and staff of magnus. Electricity works pretty well against dragons lol. As for the staff of magnus, it sucks magicka from the victim then its life once empty of magicka so its great at screwing over powerful mages :p. i love hunting down powerful spellcasters and raiding their houses or dwellings for any useful spell books or ingrediants.

Onyx

this game is amazing. i love hiring people and going on dragon hunts. Ima pure mage, my favorite weapons are thunderbolt spell and staff of magnus. Electricity works pretty well against dragons lol. As for the staff of magnus, it sucks magicka from the victim then its life once empty of magicka so its great at screwing over powerful mages :p. i love hunting down powerful spellcasters and raiding their houses or dwellings for any useful spell books or ingrediants.
That staff sounds pretty awesome!

Zedsded

i'm not sure, maybe i'm using it wrong. I was in riften and there was an NPC called just "the challenger" or something...anyway we fought first and he was seriously strong so i switched to ward and staff of magnus...didnt seem to make a dent. in the end it was just kiting that did

Onyx

i'm not sure, maybe i'm using it wrong. I was in riften and there was an NPC called just "the challenger" or something...anyway we fought first and he was seriously strong so i switched to ward and staff of magnus...didnt seem to make a dent. in the end it was just kiting that did
I think that some enemies as seriously tougher than the rest. So what might kill the majority of baddies normally does sod all against these super baddies (for example my Dual Wep 3 Hit Power Attack slaughers most enermies (incl cave bears and saber cats and trolls) but doesn't make a dent against Bandit Marauders.

The staff of magnus is a leech, first it will drain the victims magick then it will focus on their health. It drops their health faster than their magick. So the staff is only really good against strong magical people. But as long as they have "mana" they will not be hurt by the staff. So if you have the staff of magnus you must have chain lightning. Hit them 2 times with chain lightning then hit them with the staff. Chain lightning does some severely nasty stuff to someone magick bar. I know I got hit by two of those things and didn't have enough magic for a dual ice astronach summon. I was mad... LOL

I think that some enemies as seriously tougher than the rest. So what might kill the majority of baddies normally does sod all against these super baddies (for example my Dual Wep 3 Hit Power Attack slaughers most enermies (incl cave bears and saber cats and trolls) but doesn't make a dent against Bandit Marauders.
My favorite is the Fireball, I know its a weak destruction spell but it gets the job done. Dual wield fireball charge 1 in each hand and *chunk chunk* repeat *chunk chunk* then dual charge one and finish off anything still alive out there... It's beautiful...

Nathan Dorman

I fell the same... I'm a guy, but use a female character.

Nathan Dorman

Where does one find
The staff of magnus is a leech, first it will drain the victims magick then it will focus on their health. It drops their health faster than their magick. So the staff is only really good against strong magical people. But as long as they have "mana" they will not be hurt by the staff. So if you have the staff of magnus you must have chain lightning. Hit them 2 times with chain lightning then hit them with the staff. Chain lightning does some severely nasty stuff to someone magick bar. I know I got hit by two of those things and didn't have enough magic for a dual ice astronach summon. I was mad... LOL[/quote
Where does one find such a sweet peice of heaven?

Kor the Archmage

I shall tell you young one... Travel North to the land of Winterhold and you shall see thus a College of wisdom and power... Join their ranks and learn all that you can. When you come to the end of your journey you shall be with the Staff of Magnus in hand... And beautiful women on the other... May your beard grow full
nice reply :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts