• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

OldLace

researcher of all the things
Compiling a script for following NPCs, but I swear every time I try to think about what they'll need to have voiced I suddenly draw a blank.
So far I have "battle sounds", "hit by enemy", "hit friendly fire", "I need you to carry something"... "follow me" and "it's time for us to part ways."

It'd be really cool if some of you could pop in and post some of the things you think I need! It's fun since they're for roleplay purposes, so I can have them say my character's names. Such as, "I need you to follow me," responded with "Yeah, yeah. Let's go then, Mum-mra."

I want to make sure that I have a full script, so that I don't have the characters randomly using stock script right in the middle of the game. That'd just kill me!

ShadowMage

Article Writer
Wait, do you mean the commands that you can tell your followers, or the things they say?

OldLace

The things they say. I notice the follower with the most dialogue is Mjoll (maybe Cicero, though I've never had him)
The things you can say to them are something that can be secondary, probably.
If that makes sense?

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Stenvar will, while exploring a bandit camp or Nordic ruin and not actively in combat, say "I'd rather fight bandits than draugr. At least bandits know when to stay dead."

In response to "I need you to carry" he says "Sure. Feel free to hand me all the gold you want."
In response to "part ways" he says "What's the matter? My skill with a blade making you look bad? I'm just kidding."

N.B.: Tested only with a male, Nord, Stormcloak character. Your results may vary.

OldLace

In response to "part ways" he says "What's the matter? My skill with a blade making you look bad? I'm just kidding."

I've never met that guy, I don't think! Sounds entertaining. I've only ever used around five different followers, so thanks for the input!

bulbaquil

I've never met that guy, I don't think! Sounds entertaining. I've only ever used around five different followers, so thanks for the input!

He's a sellsword for hire (500 gold) in Candlehearth Hall in Windhelm, second floor. Because Sjadbek treats Windhelm as home base (not to mention that as a Stormcloak you go to Windhelm a lot), it makes sense both in and out of character.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Lydia has certain dialogues which are indicators of what is in the area.

When near a cave she will sometimes say “Hey, look, a cave. I wonder what's inside.”
When near ruins she will sometimes say “Is that one of the old ruins?” or “Look over there, that's a Dwemer ruin.”
When there are enemies nearby she will often say “I have a bad feeling about this.”

Dylansauce02

Slaying Trolls and taking names.
When they say, "Hey, look, a cave. Wonder what's inside." When you were JUST in there. -___-

bulbaquil

More Stenvar, in a Nordic ruin:

"I wonder what the ancient Nords did in these ruins. Unspeakable sacrifices, maybe?"

graphicsgriffin

Lydia's responses are too limited. I think there should be at least 10 different responses to a particular situation, not two. This is one of the game's negative aspects: the high predictability of NPC responses.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
She's never done this in battle, but if I take too long at crafting items or buying/selling stuff, Mjoll will yawn. Not exactly a confidence booster, but there you go.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts