• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
The first thing I have to do is break in to somebody's strong box (not an issue as I'm great at lockpicking and sneaking), but then I have to pick someone's pocket and insert a ring? I'm not sure if I can do that. I'm at level 52 and I've never picked a pocket in the whole game. I suppose I can save just before and just keep trying. What am I so afraid of?

Yeah just save 1st. Best to do that with any pickpocketing around guards as the best it ever gets is 90% chance of success. I used to really hate pickpocketing because of built in failure rate issue but since I took to doing it on people who don't matter and who don't report crimes (bandits and other assorted wrong ens) I'm finding it rather fun. Especially once you reach the stage of swiping equipped weapons and gear :)

Daelon DuLac

Yeah just save 1st. Best to do that with any pickpocketing around guards as the best it ever gets is 90% chance of success. I used to really hate pickpocketing because of built in failure rate issue but since I took to doing it on people who don't matter and who don't report crimes (bandits and other assorted wrong ens) I'm finding it rather fun. Especially once you reach the stage of swiping equipped weapons and gear :)
I want to do Bothia first, but I'm currently collecting fire salts for the forge in Riften. I like that guy. I did not know that I can't get fire salts off the Antronach that I create. They have to be wild or summoned by someone else. Hmmm....

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
The first thing I have to do is break in to somebody's strong box (not an issue as I'm great at lockpicking and sneaking), but then I have to pick someone's pocket and insert a ring? I'm not sure if I can do that. I'm at level 52 and I've never picked a pocket in the whole game. I suppose I can save just before and just keep trying. What am I so afraid of?
Live on the edge. Accept that you might fail and deal with the consequences. That's what role-play is all about. Worse thing that can happen is you get arrested. This IS about thieving, after all. If you suck at picking pockets, consider boosting your chance with a potion or magic items that fortify pick pockets. Or practice a bit to build it up.

Daelon DuLac

Live on the edge. Accept that you might fail and deal with the consequences. That's what role-play is all about. Worse thing that can happen is you get arrested. This IS about thieving, after all. If you suck at picking pockets, consider boosting your chance with a potion or magic items that fortify pick pockets. Or practice a bit to build it up.
Too true. Like I said, I can always save and go back. Besides, I have like a thousand enhance pickpocket potions and any number of gloves, necklaces, rings, etc... In other words Daelon, GROW A PAIR! Why is it that I have no problem with assassination but I'm terrified of thievery?

Daelon DuLac

You can buy fire salts too, and you don't have to succeed in that quest to pass, you just have to try.
Oh yeah, I can buy the salts, and often do, I just thought I'd try with a self created antronach. didn't work, but it was a learning experience. Once I get the salts I'll be doing the quests. I'm enchanting some items with pickpocket skill as mine is so low (20) just to up my chances. Besides at level 52 and with as much cash as I have and a 92 on sneak, I can pretty much get out of almost any trouble I get myself in to. It's just a moral aversion to thievery personally. I do want to try it though.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts