Thieves Guild - I sold my gear, am i boned?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

mellojoe

So, I'm pursuing the Thieves Guild. And I got to the part in the beginning where you get your armor and boots and things from Tonilia. I had already had gear that I liked better, so I ended up selling most of it, except for one piece.

Now, after completing a few tasks for the Guild, I'm allowed to exchange my old Theif gear for new and improved stuff.

But, what happens since I sold it? Am I just boned? Is that it for me? I don't get the new gear? Or will I still be able to get new gear without having to trade in the old stuff? Am I missing out on anything?

So, I'm pursuing the Thieves Guild. And I got to the part in the beginning where you get your armor and boots and things from Tonilia. I had already had gear that I liked better, so I ended up selling most of it, except for one piece.

Now, after completing a few tasks for the Guild, I'm allowed to exchange my old Theif gear for new and improved stuff.

But, what happens since I sold it? Am I just boned? Is that it for me? I don't get the new gear? Or will I still be able to get new gear without having to trade in the old stuff? Am I missing out on anything?
Same thing happened to me and I had no idea how to get it back. I felt like a fool, so I just killed one of the guild members who were in a back room alone to take his! :p But I think you are probably better off just getting the Nightingale armor anyway

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
You are only allowed to exchange one piece. Unless the merchant you sold the rest to still has them then yeah, you're boned. I don't know what will happen if you try to use a different guild member's armor.

You are only allowed to exchange one piece. Unless the merchant you sold the rest to still has them then yeah, you're boned. I don't know what will happen if you try to use a different guild member's armor.
Yeah I never tried to exchange the "questionably obtained" armor, since I got the Nightingale armor and just stuck with that so I don't know what would happen.

ACEHOLE_76

r u a pc player? if yes easy fix if not well next time get games like this for the PC the mods make it worth it IMO.

Necromis

well your original post says you kept one piece, all you can have upgraded as reward is one piece, so if you have that one piece still just have it upgraded and move on to the next quest, but yeah any special gear you get from a quest line like DB or Thievies guild you wanna keep till you are done with that quest line so you don't break it. Always a safe way to go.

In the training room of the guild, there is a full set of Thieve guild armor ;)

In case you didn't know, it is the room with all the targets, chests, and a few desks and shelves :)

Hope I've helped

In the training room of the guild, there is a full set of Thieve guild armor ;)

In case you didn't know, it is the room with all the targets, chests, and a few desks and shelves :)

Hope I've helped
Didn't know that. You sir truly are an Elder of Knowledge! And to answer your question mellojoe, you don't need any of the guild armor to get the Nightingale armor. (and it looks pretty sweet)
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Nightingale_Armor

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts