Xbox 360 Thieves Guild Entrance Bug

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

couch addict

Hello everyone,
I am not able to finish the Thieves Guild Quest: Dampened Spirits because the option to use the button to the entrance of the Thieves Guild (when you fast-travel there by map) has somehow dissappeared. All that I need to do is talk to Brynjolf to finish the quest, but am unable to do so due to the missing button. I have looked this bug up on YouTube, but have not found help. I haven't seen nor heard of anyone else having this bug problem before. I am not sure if this is "operator error" as I may have done something in-game (such as pulling a chain, etc.) on the inside of the base to disable it. Thank you for looking at this thread and I am greatly appreciative to anyone trying to help me out. ~couch addict

couch addict

False alarm. I have completed the Quest by entering the Guild via the Riften Ratway, and the button now works. I am not sure if I am just lucky, or if it was just a glitch.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
FYI: You'll find this same problem again as you progress through the TG questline. The other occurrence is by design, not sure about your original situation though, but glad you got it worked out.

Is that before or after you meet Mercer? If before you can't use the thing because of the fact you don't know about the cistern yet IG.