PS3 Thieves Guild - Blindsighted - bugged - Karliah and Brynjolf are stuck.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
This has spoilers...........

I put off the Thieves Guild quests off and decided I want that Skeleton Key (because I don't want to wast perks on Locksmith although I am at 100)
The whole quest was buggy. Karliah and Brynjolf were never side by side with me except 3 times and never really did anything but talk.

I finally reach the last part, used unrelenting force on Mercer and quickly pegged him with 4 or 5 Daedric arrows all before he could do anything. I looted his body, it flooded and I got the heck out of there. Karliah and Brynjolf are still in there just floating around underwater. I can swim back, they are still alive but Karliah won't say anything and Brynjolf just says he is busy. I have been back twice, only to find them just floating around underwater.

Should I care? I have the skeleton key and don't really care about the Nightingales. I found Karliah SUPER-weird. She speaks too softly I can't understand a word she says and besides that cute figure, she looks undead. I don't like to leave quests hanging but had no intentions of turning in the key until I was done with the game so I ask once more, should I care? If so, how can I fix this?

Verses

You can, if you want to finish the questline, go back there and push them until they come above water. From there on they should move out of theirself again.

But if you don't want to finish the questline...then dont't:p

I looked in the bugs section but missed it the first time. "PS3: Try swimming and bumping into Karliah repeatedly to knock her into the correct path and out of the water, at which point she will continue normally. This may take a while, so it is a good idea to have a waterbreathing enchanted item with you to prevent drowning. Although if you are playing as an Argonian this is not needed."

I actually tried that and Karliah moves in that direction then swims back in the wrong direction. I didn't spend that much time with it though.

It sounded like I was going to be the leader of the Guild. I don't want to miss that but I also want this key.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I had this glitch once as well. I tried shoving Karliah and Brynjolf to the exit, but it didn't work. I ended up having to reload a save from before I'd entered the dungeon, and after going through it all again, Karliah and Brynjolf followed me out as normal.

In regards to whether or not you should care... SPOILERS: You will not be able to become the Guildmaster unless you complete Karliah's quest and return the Skeleton Key to the Twilight Sepulcher.

I had this glitch once as well. I tried shoving Karliah and Brynjolf to the exit, but it didn't work. I ended up having to reload a save from before I'd entered the dungeon, and after going through it all again, Karliah and Brynjolf followed me out as normal.

In regards to whether or not you should care... SPOILERS: You will not be able to become the Guildmaster unless you complete Karliah's quest and return the Skeleton Key to the Twilight Sepulcher.

Thanks, read the spoilers and decided I didn't care. I never plan to give it up. I'll interpret this glitch as a sign I never need to return it. ;)

FatSlug

I had this bug and drove me mad for a while! Apologies if this has been resolved elsewhere but I couldn't find a answer when I searched for a solution.

Basically my Karliah was stuck walking on one spot under water. I spent a considerable amount of time trying to bump her into the correct path but all she eventually did was sink to the bottom and start walking around the ruins!

I gave up for the night. The next time i loaded the game (ie, after a re-boot) Karliah was now swimming rather than walking, but again just in circles.

However, I noticed her head just surfaced for a very short time on each of her cycles (probably less than 1 second), so I swam over to the spot, stayed above water and waited for her to surface again. I was quick enough to click on her, had the 'Talk to..' option, and voila, she spoke to me, the quest completed and she walked into the cave.

This was on the PS3, but may work on the other platforms.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts